Disconnecting

Need help?
Private Dancer

Disconnecting

Post by Private Dancer »

Guys, I moved my compy home from work a couple of weeks ago and ever since I get disconnected whenever I try to join the server. Any ideas?
MOJORyder
United States of America

Re: Disconnecting

Post by MOJORyder »

peculiar...all I might figure is (somehow) it has cached your IP affy and it's not jiving with the server or something.

try reinstalling..prolly (99%) will cure whatever ails ya.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

If it was remembering his IP he would either never be able to get online (or see the server browser list) or it would work fine (if they were both internal ranges and happened to match up, like 192.168.1.x or 10.x.x.x).

In any event, did you get any new software or firewalls on it since it last worked? If some portion of the installation was corrupted then you'd have to reapply it - I've never seen it happen to me but I guess it's possible ... without knowing which part was jacked you may as well start from scratch, particularly if you have the BF and DC patches handy.

Are you seeing any errors when you get disconnected?

At what point in the connection process do you get booted? Before the map loads? After?
Private Dancer

Post by Private Dancer »

I kept the same service for my DSL, but the only significant change is the router I'm using at home. Everything else is the same. I'm getting booted after the map loads. I press ok to start playing and I get disconnected.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Does it just say "disconnected from server," or is there a different error?

I looked through the logs this morning, I see a couple PB errors for you but nothing since 3-25-2009.

Have you tried reloading the game and patches/mods?
Grizzly
United States of America

Post by Grizzly »

Don't forget the all important " 1.6B patch" or whatever it is. Only like 2 megs I think but lots of ppl forget it is needed.

Spec posted on what all was needed somewhere.
HI! I love you!
Private Dancer

Post by Private Dancer »

Yes, it just says disconnected from server. I'll try reloading the patches and updating the punkbuster. Usually with a patch issue, don't you get a wrong version message?
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

In doing the Server Side Modding I've seen all kinds of craziness. In general, PB error messages are more helpful than BF messages. I've seen one map crash the whole server, even when that map wasn't running or even in rotation - simply being in the active server directory caused the issue. If you have the right version of the program files but there is some weird corruption with one or more levels then reinstalling the patches (or entire game AND patches) will put fresh copies of all the maps (and other important game files like game.rfa and objects.rfa) where they belong.

If you feel it may be the router, to test you'll either need to:
1. Use a different router
OR
2. Move your system to a different Inet connection (back to work or whatever)
OR
3. Remove the router and connect straight to your ISP with your system (regular connection for cable and maybe an XP/Vista PPPOE connection for DSL)

We'll be here to provide whatever help we can; unfortunately, you're stuck testing all of the suggestions. At this point, with no super clear indicator, go with the one that is easiest for you to try and go for harder attempts from there until you have it fixed. Or just reinstall :)
Private Dancer

Post by Private Dancer »

I am happy to report that after a full reinstall (following much digging for my disks) I'm back baby!