No sound in game

Need help?
Ogrish

No sound in game

Post by Ogrish »

A while back all sounds stopped working. I checked all settings and all other audio (ts, music etc) are fine. I scrubbed BF off my computer. Fresh install...same thing. But it remembered by settings, name and favs, for some reason. So I have now removed it again. Went through all associated folders and deleted everything bf.
Re install....same effing thing. Any ideas on correcting this?
BoOn
Canada

Re: No sound in game

Post by BoOn »

What operating system are you on Orgish ?
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Have you installed an audio capturing app? Something similar happened to me awhile back when I purchased a sound recorder app for my Windows XP laptop. It registered itself as the playback device in the audio (multimedia) control panel. I could still listen to music CDs, internet radio, etc, but for some odd reason BF wouldn't play audio. So I went in to my audio control panel and changed my audio out from the sound recorder to my sound-card.

Good Luck,

IANYF
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

BoOn wrote:What operating system are you on Orgish ?
Win7 64 bit
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:Have you installed an audio capturing app? Something similar happened to me awhile back when I purchased a sound recorder app for my Windows XP laptop. It registered itself as the playback device in the audio (multimedia) control panel. I could still listen to music CDs, internet radio, etc, but for some odd reason BF wouldn't play audio. So I went in to my audio control panel and changed my audio out from the sound recorder to my sound-card.

Good Luck,

IANYF
I did put fraps on recently, but it was before the sound disappeared.
I can't scrub bf of my computer either. I figure if I could just start over clean all will be good. But it remembers everything. I have asked around and searched the net and any tips I have found haven't worked. I am on my 5th time here....going a little batty (battier?)
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

well, a tech buddy of mine suggested regedit but that didnt work either. no sign of it on my puter but when reinstalled it is all still there. profile+ no sound!?!!!??
I guess I can just make plane and tank noises while I play! pew pew
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

Im sorry your having trouble Ogrish, but that last comment of yours made me LOLfor real!! :lol: nice one.
Ogrish wrote:I guess I can just make plane and tank noises while I play! pew pew
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

If you have TS installed, Satan Claus says:

go to the ts settings / options and change your sounddriver to direct sound. also you should set the process priority in the "other" tab to high.

retest.

Someone else, somewhere else, says:

A little help was gained by using Direct Sound rather than Wave but the big fix for 100% audio operation came with enabling 'Hardware Acceleration' for Sound in BattleField 1942.

Then I read something else that says it should be turned off. Try it one way, then the other, and let us know if it makes any difference.