PC - TV

Need help?
BoOn
Canada

Re: PC - TV

Post by BoOn »

I had a issue before with my hdmi cord that I hooked up to the TV , I had sound but no picture so I figured out I had to adjust the monitor dimentions so that it would work on the tv.

But damn dude your full of issues these days haha
Grizzly
United States of America

Post by Grizzly »

I did this thru my laptop with a hdmi cable and had to go to the vid card settings and set it up for the proper output to tv, i would say your tv is either a 60hz or 120hz refresh unless it is brand new and then it might be a 240hz. I would bet if you have had it over 18 months it is a 60hz. I was doing this on a 9800m nvidia gts card.

right click anywhere on your desktop
open nvidia control panel
look for the video and tv settings

I would think ATI would be similar as well if you are running that brand.
HI! I love you!
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I have that problem (flickering like it's syncing) in Windows 7 on my 24". I turn the monitor off and on.

As far as no sound, I think you probably have the option ot have the HDMI carry sound or not, you have to find it. Like for my home receiver, I have HDMI in to my receiver and HDMI to the TV from the receiver but I do NOT want the sound coming out the TV, I want it out of my receiver so I use an optical cable (or whatever) to carry the sound and have the HDMI set to NOT carry the sound. For you, there might be an option in either your video OR your sound applets to use HDMI for audio as well. Not sure though; it's just a guess.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Check the settings on the TV. Make sure it is using the HDMI input. For instance my TV has 5 inputs BUT input 1 has 5 possibles ways of connecting it. Coax(cable), composite (yellow,red, white), component (red,green,blue), S-Video, and HDMI. I had to tell the TV which I was using on THAT input. Reason being is the video signals are different but the audio is the same as it is only using two channels through the TV. Which makes me think this is probably your issue. Good luck bud.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.