Compatibility Question

Need help?
Lev_Nougol

Compatibility Question

Post by Lev_Nougol »

Okay, so DC mod runs in Win XP SP2 (which took me longer than it should have to figure out), but other mods run in different compatibility modes...but if I change it for one...they all change accordingly. How do I set them to run in separate compatibility modes from one another?
~)_
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Compatibility Question

Post by swodi »

Hi Lev - you may be able to create a different shortcut icon for each game mod and then in the properties of each of the different icons - set your running preferences (ie. Run as Admin, Compatibility settings, ect)...

I have DC installed on a Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit - all of us are a bit different sometimes I guess - I can't run either pc in anything other than defaults or DC won't run at all... who knows...
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

All I did was give the BF1942 the compatability mode and admin rights which has allowed me to play all mods........*scrathes head* ...... Ummmm .. Correct me if I am wrong here but all the mods play through the BF1942 ... right. So why do each one individually? :? :?
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Lev_Nougol

Post by Lev_Nougol »

Because XP works for DC, but crashed for 1918 and EoD. They run properly on 98 compatibility, but DC won't. :p
~)_
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

You could create different shortcuts but since they all play through the same BF1942.exe executable I think it will change the compat mode on the exe itself every time *through* the shortcut.

You'll need to change the shortcut each time if that is the case.
Lev_Nougol

Post by Lev_Nougol »

Yeah, that's what it's looking like, unless I want to do a dual install, which I lack the storage for atm. Screw it, I'll just have to learn to be more patient and swap out when I need to. :p
~)_