Help me if you can?

Need help?
one pump
Canada

Help me if you can?

Post by one pump »

Ok well i bought the wife a ferrari 4000 acer laptop back sometime ago.I typed in a smilpe question into google. Can i put windows 7 on it and the reply was sure there are little issue that can be worked around but yes. So with that said i went ahead and im trying to instal windows 7 but shortly after stage one it comes up theres no cd/dvd drivers please insert disk or flashdrive with the appropriate drives and hit continue or browse. Ugggggg ok well i tryed the ferrari disk i have tryed alot of things but since acer doesnt make the driver supporting windows 7 is there a way i can do this and well there must be no ? others are saying they have done it but!!!! Well sincerly yours pumpy the flustrated :cry:
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Help me if you can?

Post by S.O.S »

So you can't finish the installation or having trouble using the drive later? I haven't had a chance to use Win 7 yet, but I'm sure it should have the correct generic driver for the CD drive to run. There are ways to install Win 7 through USB if you have to.

Found this after a Google search: http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/guides ... nside.html

It's an old forum, but it's for your specific laptop. Hope you can dig out something from there. Good luck.

SOS
one pump
Canada

Re: Help me if you can?

Post by one pump »

Thanks soo much man i belive some of this will help :O) tanks again Pump