P6: 417564c4
P7: c0000005
P8: 003fbeb2
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\joebob\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCFEA.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_BF1942.exe_f051685d419f81857ca24e952558391353bcf3_1d3addee

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 23d02338-26d1-11e2-808e-00226bbdcc0e
Report Status: 0
fluffy

Re: DCF and windows 7

Post by fluffy »

ok i got it working thanks to a thread I found online...

When this occurs, usually the profile information for the game has been corrupted.

Manually deleting the Player profiles from the game directory should resolve the trouble.

To do this:
1) Browse to the games directory. By default this is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942
2) The profiles folder will be located in a different location depending on what version of the game is being run. If the game is version 1.2 or higher browse to \Mods\bf1942\Settings. If using version 1.1 or prior it is simply under \Settings
3) Open the Profiles folder and then delete the contents of it,
4) Once done the game should launch normally and you can create a new player profile.

Did this and it now works..... :D

Is there a way to fix a corrupted file...? I backed up my profile folder from my XP hard drive and would really love to use it...
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Hey that's good; much simpler than some of the other possibilities.

I've certainly used a previously-backed-up profile before, and the fact that you're moving from XP to Windows 7 doesn't change anything about the profile file format. You probably just do want to be selective and only restore the specific profile files which define your controls (the "Controls" subfolder of the profile area), and NOT restore other things like your video settings since those possibly have changed slightly in response to what the video driver reported in Windows 7.

The important thing would be to backup the "clean" configuration files currently there, just in case you need to get back to them if restoring your previous profile doesn't go as planned.

-Trench
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

Well I copied over the controls...I wont move over the video.con files...But I cant seem to get edit the new video.con files to change the resolution for my monitor...I try to edit them and it just tells me I dont have permission...
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

If you're doing it manually, click Start, browse to Notepad, RIGHT-CLICK and run as administrator. Accept the prompt that pops up. Browse to your profiles directory and open the con file FROM NOTEPAD (File --> Open, etc.). Adjust it and save.

Windows UAC is trying to help prevent unintentional changes to Program Files files by programs running under your current user account, so file actions like modifying require elevated privileges.
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

thanks sir...

Now maybe some help with sounds...I have my latest drivers installed for the soundcard and the ingame sounds sound like poo...I have read a few things about using creative alchemy...Or should the sounds be ok with just normal settings..?
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Sorry, I haven't had any sound issues, so I'm not sure.