water cooling

Need help?
billythekid1
New Zealand

water cooling

Post by billythekid1 »

i would like to cool my cpu with a closed loop cooler..

thers an intel one
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/10 ... -the-costa

corsair 80/100 ive looked at
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h80 ... ooler.html

or a antec kuhler
http://store.antec.com/Product/cooling- ... 086-6.aspx

anybody had any use of these or know which one would be best, thanks
billythekid1
New Zealand

Re: water cooling

Post by billythekid1 »

well in the end i bought the intel one reason being it was in my local store and i play BF3 with a guy who works there and i got discount hahaha,, i also got some more kingston extreme ddr3 1600 ram 8 gig's. all for a good price of $200 nz .. was quite happy with that ..

Ive now overclocked my cpu to 4429.89MHz and its stable and under load hitting 43 degrees C max.
(103.02 x43)

and clocked my gpu also GPU clock 850 MEM clock 1933 and 1001 mV its also holding stable and under load around 55 / 62 degree C

thanks for the help anyway oh wait nobody had any input :) <<<<<------ thats humour btw not me trying to be passive agressive :P
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I was to busy cursing my water cooling system at the time you made this thread and I didnt even want to respond to it lol. Water cooling looks pretty cool in the system with its lights and shit but overall I killed my MOBO and CPU because of it. The first incident was when the water evaporated enough that the fluid was unable to circulate thus overheating my CPU badly (could smell something burning which was prob my CPU). The final kill strike was a lil over a week later when the radiator fan seized and the CPU overheated yet again and this time took the MOBO with it.

I will never EVER install a water cooling system on my PC again.
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

OMG sorry to hear that boony :) .l. what type did you have etc etc? i will keep an eye on mine but being closed loop i cannot see anywhere where the water could evaporate to :( now you got me all nervous hahaha. but to be honest at the mo its fkin awesome :) merry xmas bro
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

1 more thing boon did you have a thermal overload set up? if mine gets to a certain temp the PC just shuts down..
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Yes the PC did shut down due to overheating but the damage was already done . Not sure where the fluid evaporated to but all I know is that it did evaporate, I noticed the ones that you had selected didnt have the translucent tube which will make it hard to monitor the fluid level unless it has some other visual indicator. I had the translucent tubes so that was the only way I knew I was very low on coolant.

The cooling I had was "Cooler Master" which from looking at their website they have discontinued their water cooling . . . geez wonder why lol :31:

Anyways bud make sure you babysit the hell out of that coolant cause It sucks when it fails.

Merry Christmas to you and your family bud.
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

will keep and eye on it buddy thanks for the heads up. mine has no idicator but it is enclosed so im guessing the water cannot escape anywhere, did yours have a way to fill her back up? mines fully enclosed thats all.

now you got me worries..

Merry xmas to you and family also bud catch ya soon i hope.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

You should have a screw on the top part of the radiator part that you unscrew and fill from there , enclosed im sure overtime that there will be evaporation because why do they sell refill coolant ;) . I would suggest downloading a program that monitors your CPU/MOBO/GPU temperature and fan speed and run it while your gaming. It will let you know how hot your system gets when you have been gaming for 20-30 min under load.

In my new machine I am running a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

You shouldnt have to worry if you keep a eye on your water cooling system every so often, My mistake was thinking once it was in I didnt have to check on it and I paid for that error lol.
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

Ta Theo on my one the intel one it does not have any filling hole etc it has a wee ammount of air in the radiator for expansion etc. as for temps

ive been checking mine through core temp .. idle im getting 30 - 35 degrees C
under load im getting max of 53 degrees C and thats with it now clocked at 4429.77MHz (103.02x43) at 1.2460v

its running pretty cool if you ask me and running real stable. on air cool it was hitiing 65 degrees on the stick settings.

Rest assured i will keep my eye on it , thanks for the info bro and a happy new year
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I keep mine running at 98.6, but it takes some coordination playing, drinking and peeing with shocking accuracy.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

i was going to say sarges only cooling will be beers in the fridge :)