660ti SLI

Need help?
BoOn
Canada

660ti SLI

Post by BoOn »

I have two cards that im trying to connect together via SLI . Watapus has been trying to help me and I been googling like a mofo to try figure out how to do this.

Things I have done

- Un-installed previous Nvidia drivers.
- Installed both cards, power cords and SLI bridge
- Installed a clean copy of 310.70 Nvidia drivers
- Rebooted

Now I still have no option in the Nvidia control panel to turn on SLI as in some screenshots that I have seen while googling. My mobo supports SLI as it came with the SLI bridge adapter so I know thats not the issue. The only thing I can conclude is that because one of the cards is a EVGA 660ti 2GB and the other is a EVGA 660ti 3GB that the difference in RAM is causing the issue.

I am unable to find a clear answer on the RAM issue as some forums say you can SLI them but its not recommended as PhysX will default to the 2GB card and under-clock the 3GB card to 2GB giving me 4GB rather than 5GB.

Now if different forums state that I can SLI them than means there must be a way to actually get that option to show up in my Nvidia control panel.

Anyone have any ideas ?
billythekid1
New Zealand

Re: 660ti SLI

Post by billythekid1 »

Hey Theo

From what my mate was saying put the 3gb in the top slot and the 2gb one in the bottom one it should work in sli without issues. the 3 gb vram will lower itself to 2gb so they match. this is basically what he was saying with out all the other stuff i did not really understand... What mobo you got etc it might be more help... it does not sound to me like there is an option of turning it on etc... it seams it just does it by itself and runs the gpu through the other gpu to speed things up..
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I never thought to put the 3gb on top but will try that once this coffee starts making its way thru my veins , thanks :D
billythekid1
New Zealand

Post by billythekid1 »

did it work? might see ma buddy today again and face to face find out more? over the phone is always harder