BF1942 Remote Manager

Need help?
HaZ
United States of America

BF1942 Remote Manager

Post by HaZ »

Hey all,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum. I play on your DC server every night (well almost) and noticed you use a Linux server and are running the remote manager from BlackBagOps. However their site is down, I think it has been down for quite a while, but I am unable to really find any good information via google and various websites about which version of the server manager and remote is compatible with Linux.

I have read that the linux version of BFRSM was after the the windows version, so did the Linux ever get out of beta stage? I have the BF Remote manager 2.0 beta 4g but cannot get it to connect and I know this could be a plethora of things that could be wrong. Do I also need to have my server provider run the BFSM server manager on the server itself and then I connect via remote? Do they need to make a special account for me to login to using the remote? I have had my server provider open all ports including the 4711 port for the remote. I have read that the game port to put in the remote is 14667 but mine is 14567 (which is default) so I have come across a lot of old information on websites and forums dating back to 2004. Which has made things even more confusing :20:

The error message I get when trying to connect the remote is

"Couldn't connect to the server manager! A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond (10060)"

I ran a BF DC server years ago but it was on windows and I don't recall having this many problems getting it setup and the server managers to work properly. Of course I am old and my memory is not what it used to be...lol.. my Linux BF DC server is currently running with no problems, well except for the fact I am waiting for my server provider to update the PB on the server, I have had to disable it on server because it kicks me because I am using a newer version than what is on the server.

Please, if someone could give me some (well actually a lot of) info about this or post a link for a tutorial somewhere I would greatly appreciate it, thanks so much!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: BF1942 Remote Manager

Post by Nightstalker »

Common reasons for connection failure
1 Server Manager v2.0 is not running on the server.
Solution: You must run BFSM 2.0 on the server to connect using BFRM 2.0.
2 The hostname or IP address you specified in the connection dialog is invalid.
Solution: Verify the server IP address and try again.
3 You specified the wrong port in the connection dialog. BFSM uses port 14667 by default.
Solution: Don't try and use the server's game port or remote console port to connect.
4 There is a firewall on the server or the client blocking TCP port 14667.
Solution: Allow bidirectional traffic through TCP port 14667 on your firewall.
5 The server is behind a router that is not configured to forward traffic on TCP port 14667.
Solution: Configure packet forwarding from the router to the server on TCP port 14667.

So yes BFSM needs to be on the server, then you can use BFRM to connect remotely. Also you must put at least one user on BFSM for the clients to connect remotely. I can send you a link to Users Guide if you want.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
HaZ
United States of America

Post by HaZ »

Thank you so much Nightstalker!

Yes I suppose a link to the users guide would be very helpful too, as I am sure I will have more questions and confusion...lol

On another note my game server provider just notified me via email that he does not have the latest PB files to upload to my server and suggested I "look around", would it be a huge inconvenience for someone here that has access to the server via FTP to download the pb directory, zip it up and PM it to me? He said that all I would have to do is upload and overwrite the current pb files in my servers directory.

Thank you again for the help thus far, I am desperate here I been back and forth with my server provider for 2 weeks so far, it has been a painful process..lol... I am not even sure if my server provider has to install the bfsm to the server or if it is simply files I have to upload to make it run. And on top of it all my in-game console won't open using the tilde key, not sure why.. argh!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

To be honest. Server files .. well .. that is above my pay grade bud. I am just an helper with an admin title ;) The info I have given was just what I found trying to help you out with your problem.

As for the tilde key. Sounds like you may have an installation problem. I can not verify that as I have been .. well out of game for a while due to some issues. I had to re-install which has caused other issues (I tried the Origin version and can not find my CD's for the CD key) and realized I was ... screwed .. either way. But best I remember my tilde key worked without any flaws previously no matter if I was playing single or multi-player.

OK and if all else fails .. I found you a site for all(some) of your "problems" .. only things is it is (kind of) German LOLOL

Linux PB Server update .. http://desertcombat.bplaced.net/downloa ... nload_id=6

Linux BFSM .. http://desertcombat.bplaced.net/downloa ... nload_id=5

DOWNLOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK AS I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE of this site or its community.

And by the way, thanks for joining our site. I will be in game to let you kill me soon ... just need to find my damn CD's :roll:
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
HaZ
United States of America

Post by HaZ »

Thank you for the response Nightstalker and I apologize for the delayed reply, I got busy with long days at work.

The links you posted were helpful even though I don't know german...lol.. I was still able to figure it out, but unfortunately they did not work. I don't have access to run any command lines in my control panel for my server nor run any exe's.

The problem my server host is having is now that the bf1942 is no longer supported by PB, the proper files needed for this particular game are not available on their website for download (so he says) he is suggesting running the server with PB off but to be honest at least if I had the PB files it will still stop the old cheats (unless I am wrong) at least it would be helpful to catch somethings than nothing at all.

Nobody around with FTP access to send me the files? Can I PM someone? :11:

I don't want any kind of server configs or personal server information, simply the files in the PB directory from your server. If someone could help me out with that I would be truly grateful. As far as the in-game console not working for me, I think I will have to reinstall my game and hopefully that fixes it.