Teamspeak while in game

Need help?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Teamspeak while in game

Post by Nightstalker »

Past few days, and now that I think about it I do not recall using TS since I installed the Origin version of BF1942, but when I am in game I can hear other TS users, but no one can hear me. (voices in TS, in game sounds are good) I can Alt-tab out of the game and bring up with TS window and people can now hear me. I can still hear them also. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TS. Not sure if that helped as all of my settings i.e. the EA117 server info was still in when I reinstalled TS3. Has anyone else had any issues with TS lately and if so what fixed it?

It does not seem to work unless I have the window open. If it is in the background but not on the screen I have the same problems as if I was in game.

Thanks
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: Teamspeak while in game

Post by ryeontherocks »

yes, its a common problem, your best bet is to run through the set up wizard under settings and do a volume test of your own voice and adjust as needed, its not a complicated program but it has its quirks. i find that the codecs might need adjusting according to what your using
-ie: do you have a sound card ??
make sure its correct or are you using creative or logitech headset make sure those are selected

-if you use push to talk(which i prefer) make sure there is no conflicts in game settings ie after setting up look at control panel in game and adjust accordingly.

-boosting up the bandwidth can help or adjust downwards if not working properly.

if you made a mistake on you settings and the wizard setup is not to your liking when you uninstall make sure you find the subfiles in your uninstall programs and delete any subfiles with teamspeak.....most of the time an update or your logitech etc or a update of your sound card should work.

remember to also use the volume control in windows as well as the game itself to adjust the ingame versus ts volume...right clicking on a players name can help you over come some with loud noises...

-make sure you have updated your ts3 in the help tab and select find updates this may solve some issues

http://forum.teamspeak.com/forumdisplay.php/103-Windows

the issue i have found out is the wolf overlay eg: if i start ts3 and then the game it wont work but if i start the game and run ts3 as administrator afterwards then the overlay works...go figure.

i hope this helps a little

ps: get on ts and we can help ....lmao
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Teamspeak while in game

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO get on TS and we can help .... you smartass LOLOLOL.

I will check those things you mentioned. I can get on TS though so I may do that if I see you on.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.