Kicked for service abnormality...Help!

Need help?
EdmundDantes

Kicked for service abnormality...Help!

Post by EdmundDantes »

Hi I just got unbanned after two years and I have been having a good time playing this server. However, something new has happened. All of a sudden I started getting kicked from the server every time I join because of "Restriction: Service Abnormality". Can someone help me out here?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Kicked for service abnormality...Help!

Post by Trench »

If you just have the PunkBuster from the CD-based Battlefield 1.6 patch, the fact that PunkBuster no longer officially supports Battlefield 1942 may be part of the issue. After installing the PunkBuster that comes with the 1.6 path, these days it's required that you also run "Tank's PB update" to put updated files into the Battlefield 1942-specific PunkBuster directory.

If you haven't done it already, download the Tank's PB Update ("TankPanZeR's BF1942 PunkBuster Update 2.0", TanksPBUpdate.zip) from the EA117 server downloads page and run the TanksPBupdate.exe contained in that .ZIP.

-Trench
EdmundDantes

Post by EdmundDantes »

hmm for some reason it did not work, I still got the kick for service abnormality. Maybe I should reinstall pb?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Sure, re-installing PunkBuster shouldn't hurt.

First, is this Windows 7 or later? If so, make sure the shortcut you're launching Battlefield 1942 / DesertCombat with has the "Compatibility" tab settings enabled for "Run with compatibility for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" and also "Run this program as an administrator". Meaning right-click the shortcut, select "Properties", and then on the "Compatibility" tab enable these options if you haven't already.

If that still doesn't work, yeah, re-installing PunkBuster would be my next step, too. I'd recommend using the steps you see demonstrated in "Step 6a. Install BOTH the "Punkbuster core services" AND the "Battlefield 1942-specific PunkBuster files" together:" in the "HOW TO: Use an Origin-downloaded Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server" document.

Note the paths being described in Step 6a are for the Origin-based Battlefield 1942 installation, though. If you're actually using a CD-based installation, the paths you'll need to specify are under "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942" instead of Origin. (Or "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942", if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows.)

Note you are only intending to perform everything described in Step 6a. Do not continue on to Step 6b, nor are you required to perform any other steps.

-Trench
EdmundDantes

Post by EdmundDantes »

Hey trench, I reinstalled core services and then installed Tank again and I fixed the compatibility issue, and I am back up and running! you da man, thanks.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Service Abnormalities. Thats whats on Nightstalkers and my discharge papers.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

My mom says that it is normal though .........
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Service Abnormalities. Thats whats on Nightstalkers and my discharge papers.
Hmm not true, I have a copy of YOUR papers - and it says: Section 8 Mentally unfit.. etc etc..

:)
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

LMAO!!!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed