lagging weapons fire

Need help?
sgt stokes
United States of America

lagging weapons fire

Post by sgt stokes »

I dont freaking get it. i have lagging weapons fire only on this server. the closer the enemy gets the worse it gets. i got close to sgt b and it would not fire at all. wtf is up with that. i have a good ping, files are cleaned out. got all the patches, (i think ). :mrgreen:
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
fromage

Re: lagging weapons fire

Post by fromage »

I've noticed this as well. Exactly as described.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Would you characterize it as something new that just started happening? It's been almost a month since I've been on the DC server, but I don't recall this being noticed or mentioned before. To my knowledge nothing has been intentionally changed at the server end in the past month.

The symptom sounds familiar, but only because it's what I see when I try and run Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 7 SP1. Everything "seems fine" until I get close in with two or more moving objects, and its suddenly lagging as though my client can't keep up. Same hardware running 7 SP1 never does that.

Guess I just need to get on and see if it's happening to me too, since I have no idea what to suggest the root cause could be for this symptom to "suddenly appear".

-Trench
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Sometimes you need a second monitor just to give your shot the lead it needs :D

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

i used to get that same issue with my old system ie: i would lagg out when in the middle of several battles but if it was 1 vs 1 in the middle of no where i was fine. if you could restart your computer and disable any other software running in the back ground as well as restarting your modem/router to see if that helps and post your results that be nice.
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

well i have cleaned files completely rewired the router and cable modem, and various other things. i dont understand because it did not use to do this. yes it has been going on for a little over a month now. I am still using xp pro. for some strange reason i cant get win 7 to work right. i have put in that gamespy thing as well. still the same.
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
fromage

Post by fromage »

sgt stokes wrote:well i have cleaned files completely rewired the router and cable modem, and various other things. i dont understand because it did not use to do this. yes it has been going on for a little over a month now. I am still using xp pro. for some strange reason i cant get win 7 to work right. i have put in that gamespy thing as well. still the same.
Same here.