stop playing.

Need help?
sgt stokes
United States of America

stop playing.

Post by sgt stokes »

i guess i am going to stop playing because of the firing lag that only happens on this server. i dont understand what is going on, even paintballer heard it. cant fix it i cant play.
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: stop playing.

Post by ryeontherocks »

please can you be more specific? firing lagg? i dont have firing lag on this server what is your ping? where are from ie state is fine and does it happen all the time? or when the server is busy and your in the thick of things?
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Damn Rye. You typing with the bottle in your hands. Your little paragraph is reminiscent of something Max would say... ;)

Nighty and I need a space bar refresher course, but you need to stay out of the cockpit and walk home.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

It's a reference to this earlier thread.

Since then, the only thing I have noticed & thought might be what others call "firing lag" is that I've been encountering notably more occasions where when I take someone by surprise, I'll already be dead before I ever hear my opponent fire.

But it's not /delayed/ or "lagged" from the perspective of my game client; my death is happening "at the right time", but simply I don't hear anything until afterwards. Which happened "on rare occasions" even previously, but I've noticed a lot more instances of this lately.

Unfortunately no answers for why some folks are experiencing "firing lag".

-Trench
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

it happens all the time now. it was not bad several weeks ago, but this has been going on for a few months now. the closer i get to someone the worse it gets. i was real close to paintballer and he even heard it. it completely stopped when i got real close. this i am not understanding this at all. it is only on this server though. all other servers it does ok.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

What is "it?" What is "firing lag?" Can you fire at all or are you just not hearing any sound? Try lowering you video settings and see if that helps. I know you said it only happens on this server but it is worth a shot if you get to play with such fine people as what is on .... no that would be a lie ... Well you would still get to put up with people like us. How's that ;)

LOL Sarge
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
boom
United States of America

Post by boom »

I think someone crazy put down the Bottle or lay off the weed. LOL On my end everything good on my end. Trench and all other Top Guys awesome keep up good work keep this sever going. Firing lagg lmao....
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

i dont do weed or the bottle dude. it may be good on your end but not on this end, and since others have heard of this problem and a few still deal with it, i think a helpful answer would have been better.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Trench wrote:It's a reference to this earlier thread.

Since then, the only thing I have noticed & thought might be what others call "firing lag" is that I've been encountering notably more occasions where when I take someone by surprise, I'll already be dead before I ever hear my opponent fire.

But it's not /delayed/ or "lagged" from the perspective of my game client; my death is happening "at the right time", but simply I don't hear anything until afterwards. Which happened "on rare occasions" even previously, but I've noticed a lot more instances of this lately.

Unfortunately no answers for why some folks are experiencing "firing lag".

-Trench
Yup, that's the thread. I still experience the "lag" too in various ways like what Stokes and Trench describe.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

ok so i crammed in alot of questions in one line sarge...but calling me max is pretty low..;-)

I have experienced what you said sgt a few times before, but its far from being a problem for me and its not getting worse either. I had a lot of issues like this in my old system and it was my graphics card overheating, I suggest checking the temps if you can.

I noticed some maps here have a lot of background noise turned on high ie waves crashing, seagulls chirping and jets in non jet maps flying by. I would try turning down sound details to a min in the game settings and try to see if that helps...works for normal lag too! give it a try before doing anything else and let me know.
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

ok rye thanks. also i turned down my graphics but now i am shooting blanks. lol. i will try the sound thing too.
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

sgt stokes wrote:ok rye thanks. also i turned down my graphics but now i am shooting blanks. lol. i will try the sound thing too.
I would see a doctor about that... :20:
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

lol opus. at my age i am glad i am shooting something . dont need anymore kids lol