disconnected from server - DC only

Need help?
fluffy

disconnected from server - DC only

Post by fluffy »

Well this new random issue started today. I was playing all last night and last couple weeks with no issues. I join any DC server and i get disconnected from server after about 60 secs..I went and played 2 different 1942 servers and nothing...

Any clues?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: disconnected from server - DC only

Post by Trench »

Don't see any real clues from the server end. The PunkBuster logs confirm they see you losing connection about 30 seconds after the successful connection. But there isn't anything being reported for you in the PunkBuster logs like any kind of timeout, authentication or pbag failure, etc. Nor anything at the Battlefield 1942 server itself like a kick or ban, nor do I see anything entered that I expect to affect you.

It would certainly be possible for something to interfere specifically with PunkBuster, either at a software level or even communication level, since it does use software and IP ports that are beyond what the game itself requires. Wouldn't explain "all of a sudden this starts" unless something else changed though, e.g. putting on a better anti-virus or something that included a firewall, etc.

Focusing on what changed since when it was working successfully seems like the most likely way to identify what's causing this.

-Trench