app crash

Need help?
Mali Mrav
Croatia

app crash

Post by Mali Mrav »

so i was playing tonight and i gone to eat and when i eat i come and start the game it was inshalah walley map and i coundnt get in
and i get app crash report
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: BF1942.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 417564c4
Fault Module Name: BF1942.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 417564c4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000931cc
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1050
Additional Information 1: 3ddf
Additional Information 2: 3ddfc4f1ae045568e32bfa451a278d0c
Additional Information 3: 7668
Additional Information 4: 76686aceaf59df1eed2f50367ae69cea
and on the other servers i can enter butt only on ea i cant what cant be little help
i will get in on the next map maybe i can start but this is only on inshalah tonight
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: app crash

Post by Trench »

Short answer is that there isn't really anything you can do about it, except to be sure you're running BF1942.EXE with the "Compatibility" tab set to "Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5" or at least "Windows XP Service Pack 3", whichever is actually available to you depending upon your Windows version.

A crash such as the one you're showing, which occurred while BF1942 was changing maps and/or happens on a particular map is not uncommon. There are memory usage-related bugs in the BF1942 game, and no one is fixing them any more except the couple instances that Team-SiMPLE has been able to patch.

Whether or not a crash actually occurs, and when it might or might not occur, just depends upon what a particular section of memory happens to become used for next. There might be some consistency to it, but just as easily will seem random even on the same machine, because memory just happened to be used differently from one game session or one map to the next.

If EA was still updating Battlefield 1942 these are exactly the kinds of bugs you would expect to find in a 1.7 or 1.8 patch, etc. But no one is fixing the code, and so we live with random crashes best we can.

Setting the "Compatibility" tab makes the Windows memory management behave a little more similar to how it did in older versions of Windows, and this "helps" make the issue slightly less prone to occur, but does not eliminate the bugs that still exist in the BF1942 code itself.

-Trench
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

so win compibatility mode is on tn 5 when first time i have this kind of problem but only yesterday on inshalah i coudnt get in so i realy dont know what hapend
Silent Assassin
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

soo last night same problem canot enter on inshallah but then came the another map and i enter normal :/
Silent Assassin