trenchy :D
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: trench

Post by Trench »

What does "play my dc on plazma" actually mean? Simply that you have a plasma monitor, or maybe that you're using a TV instead of just a computer monitor? (And are therefore running a "TV resolution" like 1280x720, 1920x1080, or maybe a more odd resolution like 1326x768 or similar.)

Resolution alone shouldn't mean "crash", but so long as you have the widescreen fix BF1942.EXE installed (the one we link to as the GameSpy fix in http://ea117.com/gamespy/), it should be able to pick up whatever mode your video card offers for the connected monitor (TV or otherwise). Since most any resolution you can play on a TV you can also play on a computer monitor.

I've never /tried/ to run with a TV connected instead of a monitor specifically for Battlefield 1942 (I run with a TV for many other things), but since I'm using an HDMI cable and 1920x1080 resolution on my computer monitor, I expect it will be just as successful running 1920x1080 when that HDMI cable is plugged into my TV instead.

-Trench
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

is on 1720x966 or something like that and just crash wont start
its just resolution trench nothing else so im wondering what wolud be the problem
i will try tomorow with this fix u put me heree
so will be reported tmrw ;D
Silent Assassin
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

trench i have the same problem i connect my pc throu hdmi cabel on my panasonic plazma and try to start bf but it just crash
dont know why but i want to play bf on my 107cm plazma so bad help my
Silent Assassin
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

im gona record u whats going on when my pc is connected on my plazma tv so u can see it
Silent Assassin
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

so se what happend when i start bf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Still not expecting that "the TV" is really the issue, and something just isn't dealing with running the game at some "odd" resolution the TV is set to. (Probably the game itself not handling it, but technically could be the video card driver.)

What if, before you connect the TV while you're still using the normal computer monitor, you set the Battlefield 1942 resolution to something low and common, like 800x600. Save the configuration that way so that each time you launch Battlefield 1942, it's running at 800x600.

Now connect the TV so that Windows itself is running with whatever the TV's max resolution is, but then launch Battlefield 1942, which will still be trying to run at 800x600. If that actually works, use in the in-game menu to see what resolutions are even being offered inside Battlefield 1942. (Presuming you've applied the updated BF1942.EXE with widescreen fix from ea117.com/gamespy.)

Because maybe the issue is with Battlefield 1942 trying to launch and set the resolution that you /were/ playing with on your computer monitor.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

trench thank you form helping me
i needed to put extended monitors and then put my plazma to be my primary screen and put it on 1440:900 resolutio and it works just fine
again thanks u
Silent Assassin