Random graphics question

Need help?
fluffy

Random graphics question

Post by fluffy »

For a game as old as this one. With a pc that can play it with no problems. Do yall use the games built in video settings? Or do you use your graphics card control panel and max every thing out.??

I have all Nvidia setting maxed and I think the game looks great. It's just not as bright and sharp as Id like. And with the in game fps checker I'm pegged at a 99-100fps..

Ran across some youtube videos that made me question my current setting..map was lost village and it just looked bright. But not just all your brightness settings on your monitor bright. It looked just like day time..
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Random graphics question

Post by Trench »

First thing that comes to mind for "Lost Village looked bright" was the fact that the DesertCombat version of that map /is/ very brightly lit. (And flat; not as many terrain elevation changes. e.g. Whereas in DC_Final you go "uphill" to get to factory, it's a flat run in DesertCombat.) Just in case you might notice that in the video too, the brightness may be the map version.

I only recently (say, 1.5 years) finally put in a GTX550 card that has a "real" NVIDIA driver. Prior to that I was using QuadroFX cards built for spreadsheets. I have it maxed out in the game, but have never messed with the NVidia control panel / "Experience", and am running with whatever it decided to default to. I've been running at 1920x1080 even before I upgraded the card, and have never had any issue that made me want to revisit the settings.

I just like laying down next to the nice high-resolution pile of ammo cans and gaze into its awesomeness while I wait for someone to come along and knife me.

-Trench
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

i max all setting in game not in nvidia control panel sometimes u can mess up some settings with nvidia control panel
Silent Assassin
Sgt. B
Canada

Post by Sgt. B »

Not sure if you knew this or not but- To change the fps from 100 to 300, use the in-game, console command before the match- renderer.lockfps 300
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6795