Can't join server

Need help?
Mauser
Argentina

Can't join server

Post by Mauser »

Hi guys,

I decided to install DC again after nearly 5 years, and the reason why I stopped playing this mod is striking me again. When I try to connect to the server it kicks me from it. I don't really remember whether I broke a rule and was banned when I played for last time, and as I want to play in the servers and have some fun I ask here for help.

Thanks in advance!
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Can't join server

Post by Trench »

A ban might be the problem. This server also requires PunkBuster, so if you haven't installed PunkBuster support for BF1942 successfully, you wouldn't be able to join for that reason either. There are steps illustrated for CD-based installs and for Origin-based installs for how to install everything needed to play.

I don't see your IP addresses in the ban list, so if it is a ban, it must be by CD key. If you actually don't have a CD key (e.g. just used an installer that never required one, and/or entered a blank one), that too could be the issue. Because some n00bhard already got themselves banned on the "blank key" some time ago, and you'll need a non-blank CD key in order to play.

If you do have a key, use the Unban Request Procedure to generate a hash of your key. You don't want to post the actual key; you want to post the MD5 hash that BFHasher generates when you enter your key into BFHasher. We can use the hash to determine whether there is a ban for that key.

-Trench
Mauser
Argentina

Post by Mauser »

Well, thanks Trench. I tried joining with the keys that come with the CD case and then with some key from the web but couldn't join with either. So I leave you here the hash from the keys I use:

Code: Select all

831f48710a5c6976f9163181f361dd15
About PB, I've installed the version that comes with the program you've got here but still was kicked. So, I'll wait for further information about this problem.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

That key was one of two players banned on May 2014 by admin S.O.S for cheating via maphack. You can make an unban request in the unban request forum using the instructions linked to earlier, and the banning admin will follow-up on the request.

-Trench
Mauser
Argentina

Post by Mauser »

My bad, the key I posted earlier wasn't the original I've got from the CD case, but this one:

Code: Select all

425298dcc66b8aef0c1c947624a0b182
I'd appreciate if you can tell me if there's something wrong about my key, as you said there's nothing wrong with my IP address. If there is, I will make a thread requesting an unban.

Thanks!
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Whooo! Talk about starting off on the wrong foot. :) I hope one day when asked for my CD key I don't accidentally give the CD key of a known hacker on this server. Oh yeah, that's right.... I don't have any of those to give. Whew.

("I'm sorry, did I say that my name was Martin Shkreli? I meant to say my name is Smith, John P. Smith. I don't know why I said that other name. Ignore that. I'm Mr. Smith, and I'm A Nice Guy.")

Okay, how about this for giving the benefit of the doubt: What name(s) would you have been playing under with that key, and from which general geographic area (country, region) before your 5+ year hiatus? Yeah, I mean with "the other key", which is also banned, but for something different than blatant hacking on this server?

-Trench
ButtBreathOriginal

Post by ButtBreathOriginal »

Sometimes shit on here is funnier than anything I see on Face Book...this is one of them. Good job Trench. Keep up the good work. My desktop is in for repairs but will be back killing sometime in the next night or two...see you guys then. And damn...NOONE ever accuses me of hacking. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.
Mauser
Argentina

Post by Mauser »

I'm a little confused, so let me be clear.

If you think I am hacker well, you're free to think that, but ask fellow players in PixelFighter (or MoonGamers) and find out whether I use cheats. Lol, I never thought I'd be accused of something that really pisses me off.

About names I could've used: 262, Mauser and maybe Wehrmacht and Foose. I don't recall other names but be free to refresh my mind. Geographic area? Santa Fe city in Santa Fe province, all the time. So btw, since my CD2 is broken and wouldn't let me install BF1942, is faster to me installing using an .iso and therefore searching for a key in the web. It's not my fault (I think) that, coincidentally, I ended up using a key that has been banned for hacking.

I want to play DC, so go ahead with every question you need to ask me to clear your doubts.
Posi

Post by Posi »

Moon has the first key on a lifetime from 2010. Don't use keys from web list. Abandonware, I'd drop a link but this forum isn't home turf. Don't use other servers to vouch for you, your not on our radar.
Last edited by Posi on March 20th, 2017, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mauser
Argentina

Post by Mauser »

Don't worry Posi, it's just a way of saying, they won't go and ask in the other servers nor I want them to do so, I'm just saying that I play there and haven't been banned due to cheating.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Mauser wrote:...I ended up using a key that has been banned for hacking.
Indeed. It was understood that this was one of the possibilities, hence the "benefit of the doubt" questions.

Thanks for clearing that up. Everything is good to go, and both your address and CD key (the one from your CD case) have been unbanned. FYI your CD key had been auto-banned by the server after having been auto-kicked too many times for reaching a -5 or lower score. That could have happened over the course of many months, but just an FYI so you know the server automatically reacts to these negative scores.

Let me know if you're still not able to connect successfully. Otherwise, see you out there!

-Trench
Mauser
Argentina

Post by Mauser »

Great! Good to see everything is alright now. Later I'll check if I can join the server, surely there shouldn't be any problems.