Beer

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Mordor
Canada

Re: Beer

Post by Mordor »

actually i have to contact the Sherriffs dept in Beaudette Minnesota to see if iam even allowed to cross the border due to a lets say a fuck up i did back in 1989. The trooper @ the border found a 1/2 a gram of hash in my bomber jacket, didnt even know it was there,found out after all the fkn bs was over and i was let go that my girlfriend @ the time put it in my jacket the the night before for me without telling me, SURPRISE. Anyway gotta figure that one out got charged with a misdeamenor and a $250 fine or somethin like that, i just wanna get it fixed.

Back to the beer...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Mordor wrote:actually i have to contact the Sherriffs dept in Beaudette Minnesota to see if iam even allowed to cross the border due to a lets say a fuck up i did back in 1989. The trooper @ the border found a 1/2 a gram of hash in my bomber jacket, didnt even know it was there,found out after all the fkn bs was over and i was let go that my girlfriend @ the time put it in my jacket the the night before for me without telling me, SURPRISE. Anyway gotta figure that one out got charged with a misdeamenor and a $250 fine or somethin like that, i just wanna get it fixed.

Back to the beer...
The cool part is that you had a girlfriend and there was hash around ;) :lol:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Mordor
Canada

Post by Mordor »

i didnt mind this beer back in the day. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kona
United States of America

Post by kona »

Stopped by the Capital Ale House last night for a couple. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capital- ... 9683558129)

Had a Hopslam Ale, which was very nice (http://www.bellsbeer.com/brands/19-Hopslam%20Ale) and a Devil's Backbone 8 Point IPA (http://www.dbbrewingcompany.com/ourbeer.aspx). Pricey, but tasty!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Aww man .. I have been wanting to try that Hopslam. I know RFA is a fan of Bells Two Hearted Ale so I am sure he would be interested in trying that one too. I have always wondered if you can taste the honey in that beer.???
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
kona
United States of America

Post by kona »

It had a nice, warm, hoppy flavor, but I wasn't looking for honey even tho' it was in the description. Boozy tho', at 10%!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL yea I would say at 10% it would be a touch warm hahahha ... When you get into that 10+ range it gets hard to hide the alcohol. The one beer I have had that conceal it sooo well was Dogfish Head Palo Santo. 12.8% and you had NO clue. Give it a try if you can. I saw that you can still get DFH in Virginia. ;)
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Here is another one I tried a while back. Not one of my favorite. Luckily it was given to me.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

OH and here is something some of y'all might get a kick out of. My sister got me these for my b-day. They are called redneck wine glasses :lol: I suspect a few of you will be ordering some of these soon. ;)
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

LOL.... Very nice..... Do they have ones set up as tea cups? :lol: :P .
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Are you one of those drink with your pinky in the air kind of people ?
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

LMAO ........ :lol: :lol: :P :P
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Here this is for Mordor ... This was the beer I was drinking the other night out of the keg ... its called a Kolsch .. pilsner/wheat beer. It was a big hit. Even with what I call the "non-beer" drinkers. aka Michelob Ultra people.
Mordor
Canada

Post by Mordor »

Nightstalker wrote:Here this is for Mordor ... This was the beer I was drinking the other night out of the keg ... its called a Kolsch .. pilsner/wheat beer. It was a big hit. Even with what I call the "non-beer" drinkers. aka Michelob Ultra people.
yeah thats looks good!!! 8-)
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

kolsch is good stuff for sure. double mountain brewery in hood river, OR makes my favorite. http://www.doublemountainbrewery.com/beers.html i actually helped brew this variety for mission brewing company in san diego. my old roomy's boyfriend was their head brewer for a while. free beer and a great learning experience. http://missionbrewery.com/?page_id=27

right now i'm drinking the new belgium mix box (fat tire, ranger ipa, dig spring ale, and 1554 black ale)
the 1554 http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.a ... 80c8d465d8 was my first ever black ale, a light, minimally hoppy, chocolatey-malty roasty ale. i've tried several others since, but it is still my favorite. dig is meh. ranger is a solid ipa, nothing out of the ordinary, good drinkability and medium hop level. everybody knows fat tire.

still stuck on ninkasi (eugene, or) beers since i've moved up to the pacific nw. so good. sooo sooo good. http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/beers/
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I had the Dig Spring Ale the other day. I had a Founders Double Trouble last night. Very good if not GREAT DIPA and a cool label.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Do you know how hard it is to turn a monitor sideways to look at that label. Now I have a mess to clean up dickhead :lol:

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Well maybe you should rotate it 180 degrees the opposite way. That should take care of the mess. There is a neat thing called tilting your head. Of course at your age you may have had your blue pill get stuck and now you have a stiff neck. :? :lol:
oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

LOL ... :lol:

Something to help the mess, cleanup ... ;)

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Can you speak up! Theres something in my left ear.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Itax .. Earlier you were saying you are brewing another batch of beer. I meant to ask you. Are you doing extract, partial mash, or all grain brew. I am still doing extract with steeping grains. My plan is to try a few partial mash small batches before I go all grain. I have been pleased so far with the extract/steeping grain brews I have been doing lately but there is soooo much more versatitly when you go all grain that I really want to get to that level. This weekend we are gonna try and have about 5-6 brewers get together and have a big "brewfest" if you will. Should be fun.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Here is another for Mordor LOL ... this is the stout I was telling y'all about. Still not completely ready as I would like it to sit in the bottles and condition a little longer. Still good though just a little young.
Mordor
Canada

Post by Mordor »

Nightstalker wrote:Here is another for Mordor LOL ... this is the stout I was telling y'all about. Still not completely ready as I would like it to sit in the bottles and condition a little longer. Still good though just a little young.
looks good but unfortunately, well u know lol :)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Looks better in person. That picture is terrible. I didnt even look at it when I posted. Looks much better on the phone. It looks like it focused on the back splash there. LOL Oh well I guess its a good thing because I was naked when I took it. :? :lol: Just kidding.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Holy crap ... that looks like meringue on that beer. AWSOME lololol. Would be awsome if it was a chocolate stout. Like drinking a chocolate meringue pie.

As for the pictures, I have no idea why it cuts some off. I have been using the upload tab below the box you type in instead of photobuck or imageshack lately. You must be in full editor and not quick reply to see it. Then just browse to the folder, select the picture and upload attachment. Hope this helps.