temp admins

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

bingo.ca

temp admins

Post by bingo.ca »

some of the temp admins are f*ing ridiculous. put a leash on them or remove them altogether.

Today, i joined the game and within 5 seconds of spawning in, i get kicked for inactivity. I rejoin and ask who kicked me and Beaver says that i was warned. I told Beaver that i just joined and Nightstalker decided to invovle himself in our conversation. I told Nightstalker to shut up then I assume Beaver kicked me for disrupting gameplay. All i asked for was an apology and i get kicked.

Admins are people too and they make mistakes, i have seen all of the regular admins make mistakes and i have seen them all apologize for something they did. if the temp admins continue like this, there wont be anymore players to play on this server. i am pissed off, i did not tk, use bad language or bad mouth an admin.

I have been a long time player on this server and have donated a few times, i dont expect favoritism but admins being resonable is all that i respect.
Last edited by bingo.ca on April 15th, 2011, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=WCK=-RooKie
United States of America

Re: temp admins

Post by -=WCK=-RooKie »

Telling a regular admin (Nightstalker) to shut up isn't to smart and you should expect what you received. Coming on the forums ranting and using the F word also isn't to bright. Great post all around 2 thumbs down
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Here's the deal ... first I do NOT look at it as temp, regular or permanent admin. All are admins. All are giving up their gameplay time to for lack of better terms .... babysit. All are human just like every player which will entail the occassional mistake which you seem to know but maybe don't want to believe. Would you go off on Beav like you did if he accidently tk'd you. I doubt it as I have seen you in game before. The ONLY reason I got involved was that you kept going on and on. All I had said was something along the lines of "its all good bingo your back in" That must have set you off because you continued to rant and rave about how you deserve an apology. And I said that you could have answered Beavers warning with a YES. I know you do not generally cause problems but after you told me to shut up I not Beav decided to kick you as the game chat is not a place to hash stuff out. Please pay attention to the yellow messeges as this could have been avoided with a simple yes.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

oh blah shut up rookie, lol jk jk i kinda feel wat bingo is talkin bout.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bingo.ca

Post by bingo.ca »

here's the thing, if someone makes a mistake, is it not the decent thing to do to apologize?
i never said i deserved an apology, i said that an apology would be nice.

i may have been overly harsh in telling Nightstalker to shut up, but i was having a conversation with Beaver about my being kicked. i wasn't being rude, i didn't disrespect him, i didn't use foul language. I asked why was i kicked and wanted to clarify that i never got a yellow warning because i literally joined and spawned on the boat for 5-8 seconds, enough to run to the bow and launch a grenade, then i was booted. Is it wrong to confront the admin for the kick? or ask why? if only to correct something that might happen to another player.

if Beaver accidently tk'd me, would i have acted the same? no, i would also anticipate, like most players here, a "sry" written in the commands. tk's happen to all of us, but a kick is not accidental, it takes typing in commands for this to happen.
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

vote DANGLE for next temp admin :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Bingo ... let me say this ... first I have no hard feelings against you. And this is nothing personal. Me being an admin does not make me feel as though I am in the right all the time but I did see Beaver give out warnings to three people. I will say this and not to be a smartass but I am sorry if you didn't see the warning. BUT, that does not warrant you questioning nor coming on here and saying that the as you said "temp" admins do not deserve it or should be taken away. It is completely volunteer which means their gameplay can and will be shortened to watch out for infractions of the rules. Beaver did as he was suppose to by 1 warning .... then waiting ... then kicking for being afk. Like I said if you had responded to his warning nothing would have happened so as I am sure you can see it would be hard to fault Beaver as he did as he should. I am not putting the blame on you either I am merely explaining how things work and to please watch the yellow warnings. The as you said" temp" admins are still admins and human so if disrespected there will be some form of punishment just as if you were given the same type of attitude. ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

All i'll add is, you must have been on longer than 5 seconds, as i gave out the warnings, and waited. Then i kicked for inactivity, when you came back on, i did eventually Appoligise. I have no problem with you Bingo, people where asking for the afk's to be kicked, so thats what i was doing, infact, i could have sworn another admin gave .18 (which was you at the time) around 5mins before i even warned you.

Peace out,
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Telling a regular admin (Nightstalker) to shut up isn't to smart and you should expect what you received. Coming on the forums ranting and using the F word also isn't to bright. Great post all around 2 thumbs down
Ya you tell him!!
Only I get to say >>>>>>****"FUCK"***<<<<<< , too much? :lol: :lol:

Hey Nighty, all powerful one. Where do I send my monthly non kick bribe money. Seems like I might have to start paying Beaver too! :o

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by toolman »

bingo..

while I don't really even CARE about the specifics of why I'll just add my .02 cents...

telling a admin to shut up will get a foot up your ass..at least every admin I know of.

on the other side of the coin I understand how a admin can be "overly aggressive" either by the "mood" that is already set in game...or by being somewhat "green" to being a babysitter. I know when I first started out I was all over the place kicking afk's, giving warnings and kicking people with a higher amount of aggressiveness than I do now. I think that's why I like the temp admins. ..I can actually play more.

I have learned from experience to not go after AFK's unless teams are unbalanced, or when the server is full or close to full. People are more likely to join with more people playing and I have also kicked quite a few that just missed my "are you playing?" warning. I also use it when people are stacking teams.

While I understand your frustration with being kicked I HIGHLY advise you to NOT question WHY you were kicked more than once in chat. I personally always try to add the "reason for kick" in command line but sometimes don't always get too....but nothing will push my buttons more than someone coming back in game and getting into a argument with me or whining about getting kicked. Drop it and move.

If I kick anyone and they come back in game and bitch about it... and I have to type more than a couple times in response... you can bet money that the next lines I'm typing will be giving them either 10-minutes or day(s) off. I have already spent enough time on the subject and I have found that person guilty of misdemeanor...arguing that ruling will put them in contempt and sentencing will be swift.

I have played with you long time bingo. I know I have told you chill out here and there before but you have never been on my radar as a douche-head.
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

bingo.ca

Post by bingo.ca »

You know, I've played this game a lot. I've been kicked a lot for being afk, by mistake, for having negative points, etc.
I usually never question it as I know where the fault lies. But I'll ask this again, can the players here NOT question the admins?

I know from running my own business that I want to hear any negatives that anyone has to say, this is how I improve my company. If I don't listen, then I deserve to go down in a blaze of glory and being an owner, I have the luxury of not listening to anyone and believe that my word is law, that would be folly though.

What I come away from this is not to question the admins, no matter what, and that's a shame.

But I will stop posting here after this, and just play, as this is one of the servers that I enjoy playing on.
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

lol..

Now im sticking my nose in things, where it dosen't belong.. but.. cmooooon..
You were kicked, you came back a min or two later? Not a big deal, just a game..
Personally i really wouldn't care!? And of all tings, the orginal kick was due to inactivity. Now.. if you were kicked for harassment, disruptive gameplay or overexcessive teabagging... THEN I could understand.
Sometimes.. people just need to say blaah, wait a min and just play the darn game ;)

But ok ok.. You felt treated wrong and injustful, and you deserve a fair trial and to have your say. Everybody does, but gosh.. a fuzz over nothing in my book. :roll:

Sorry, just my 3 bucks, 2 cents, and a banana peel! :lol:

-opie
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I don't think this is about questioning the admins. The point is, if you felt slighted in-game, please come here to talk about it (like you eventually did). Feel free to mention it in game ("dude, I just got kicked, I was here the whole time, why didn't I get a warning?" or your own choice) and if you don't get the reception you wanted, let it go and bring it up here later, or if it really is burning you up, drop back out and come here immediately.

I think the problem lies in demanding an explanation on the spot and not getting the answer you wanted and being more upset about that. It sounds like an unfortunate combination of circumstances; nobody was trying to pick on you and certainly you weren't trying to be an ass about figuring out what happened.

Hopefully we're all sorted for now; if not, let me know, that's what this is here for.