Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: What are you listening to...

Post by Trench » Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 pm

After and aside from his Soundgarden and Audioslave work, Scream is my far and away favorite of his solo albums. Probably 1991 when I saw him on the Badmotorfinger tour in some crappy converted church venue off the University of Maryland College Park campus.

This guy gave the world plenty in his lifetime. Don't begrudge him going out on his terms at all.

-Trench

fromage

Post by fromage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Nice, hadn't heard this before. Solid.
Trench wrote:

After and aside from his Soundgarden and Audioslave work, Scream is my far and away favorite of his solo albums. Probably 1991 when I saw him on the Badmotorfinger tour in some crappy converted church venue off the University of Maryland College Park campus.

This guy gave the world plenty in his lifetime. Don't begrudge him going out on his terms at all.

-Trench

fromage

Post by fromage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 pm

This is how Jagd and I normally play. Queue epileptic fit and watch your score rise to the top.
Trench wrote:https://soundcloud.com/djsnake/sahara

Just in case you see my in-game player suddenly enter what looks like an epileptic fit, and thrashes aimlessly into the nearest river / off the edge of the nearest building / into the path of a random vehicle, this could be one of the possible things that was happening.

-Trench

fromage

Re: Re: What are you listening to...

Post by fromage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 pm

So many to list off...but Rammstein's great for DC.

And something a bit different from their usual.

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 pm

fromage wrote:Nice, hadn't heard this before. Solid.
This was his one and only venture towards this genre, with the entire album being produced by Timbaland. His "real fans" didn't seem to care much for this direction, but to me his voice seems perfect in how he applied it in this genre, same as when he applied it to any others. He made many more solo albumbs, but never revisited with another album similar to Scream.

-Trench

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:54 pm

I can't quite put my finger on why, but for some reason "seeing Rammstein" has spoiled "listening to Rammstein" for me. Something about their presence just comes across as really contrived or cartoonish, at least based on those things I've seen. I own more than one of their albums, and the music itself was interesting; until I saw them perform.

Which is weird, because I don't have the same feeling about Marylin Manson, who probably deserves cartoon status more than anyone. Or Slipknot! I love them Iowa boys. But why they don't fall into the same "cartoonish" bucket like Rammstein, I don't know.

Anyway, realized today that even though it's nothing new, I haven't given a shout-out to P.O.D. For an entire album, I would choose Satellite, but pretty much anything of theirs works for me. Here's one of their more recent releases: