Language Screening and Autoboot

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Language Screening and Autoboot

Post by RoLnRoCk »

i think its pretty silly that "damn", a word in the bible, is not ok to say....but a word beginning with P and referring to female genitalia is unincluded. (trying to be a good boy, i coulda said it)

also i think racist and bigot remarks should get an autoboot, no warning. i'm not cool with that stuff, to me its way worse than any swear.

thoughts?
BullDozer

Re: Language Screening and Autoboot

Post by BullDozer »

Agreed.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Language filter is one warning and then a kick, regardless of the word that is part of the filter. I would be 100% behind any admin that is on kicking someone for using a racist term on the first offense.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Swearing doesn't bug me much...but the racism stuff I sorta agree with..

However, while words like honky or it's black equivalent should be banned...personally (and I think all of us prior/active duty service must have certain terms open..like mooj, etc. Ya, some may see it as racist, but it's easily clarified once "they" know it's not muslims/arabs, etc but just the baddies.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I think if there is a term that refers either directly or by implication to someone's heritage, religion, color, WHATEVER, and it has nothing to do with the game, then people would be better off NOT using that word in-game. What's acceptable in certain circumstances is not necessarily acceptable everywhere.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Well, it can be as convoluted as we all make it... for instance, in game I may say (if I am playing US) "Allah Akbar that mofo!" (teasing, say, Spec or whoever)... obviously some may find that offensive as well..

point is (imho) it's not something that should be overly moderated lest virtually anything we say will be deemed offensive.

It's a game afterall, moderators are here to ensure "our" enjoyment (no?), not act like Al Sharpton or Malcolm X lol.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Sledge

Post by Sledge »

I also believe Damn or dam should be OK. They can't really be classified as swear words. Besides I feel like an idiot typing, "Darn."
Be Brief
Be Brilliant
Be Gone
Property23

Post by Property23 »

[csm] Sledge wrote:I also believe Damn or dam should be OK. They can't really be classified as swear words. Besides I feel like an idiot typing, "Darn."
I don't think your an idiot Sledge...

There are some words that shouldn't get a boot for, I agree... Especially like "damn" and simple ones... But that's about it...

There is an annoying one that can get you booted... Especially if we are in Fly Zone... If you mention anything about getting into the cockpit, looking out the cockpit... well, you get my point... it interprets it as just the ... well... you know...

Prop
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

so is there a way to edit it?