Is that enough time?

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

watapus

Is that enough time?

Post by watapus »

so yesterday (sunday) my manager imformed me that the owners of the store I'm currently working at N.Y.S Collectors will be selling, thats cool they gave me 2 /3 weeks notice. so because of that i went out drop applications arround, brought some resume's to the local shops all seemed good, got an interview pretty fast. but now today, one day later (monday) i find out that instead of having 2 or 3 weeks notice that today is my last shift and the store closes wednesday. wow gee thx for the "heads up" a whole 24 hours notice.. how would you guys feel about this cuze i m not sure how i feel about it.. All i know is that as of tonight i have no work, how long that will last? only time will tell.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: Is that enough time?

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Kinda sucks. Tell them you'll close up. Then take everything.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

At will employment can be like that. But it isn't very ethical to just let people know they're being let go immediately. Same way if you flip it. It's always expected that you give 2 weeks notice, but in theory, you can just walk away.
Golden3ye

Post by Golden3ye »

that is a weak move on their part, steal some shit
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Pffft, you are never guaranteed a job. Believe me I know. I do not care who you work for. Hell, I was told I could not re-enlist in the military because the powers that be said we needed to downsize even though they were letting slick sleeves in daily. Get rid of 16,000 trained and experienced to make room for the noobs. As an E-5 I made around 35k a year. They say it takes on average 100k to get a single airman through the first year of training. You do the math and tell me how much sense that makes.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Shit. If you remove the expenditures to include alcohol, floral print shirts, chips and dip. Your back down to around $23,450. If my math is correct.
:D

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... You are correct but you forgot to add the little drink umbrellas. We did get a huge discount due to the quantity we buy. ....... A-hole. :P
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

Getting back on topic. It sucks man, but look at the bright side: you were debating on whether to continue working or go back to school for that rare degree... well, looks like the powers that be have made that choice for your indecisive ass ;)