Here is a brain scratcher.

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: Here is a brain scratcher.

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Processor:
AMD Phenom II Black Edition X4 965 4 core @3400.2 Mhz (liquid cooled)

Ram:
Vengeance DDR3 16 GB with heat sinks

Hard Drives:
Soon to be Samsung 250 GB SSD and a WD 3TB secondary HHD

Motherboard: MSI 870A-G46

Video Card;
Radeon Sapphire HD 6850 with 3D Steroscopic 1 GB GDDR5

Power:
Extreme 850 watts

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:So far so good. Logged in and ran two games without a hitch. I did find out Father is a real unforgiving weenie in the Harrier. :17:
Wait till you try me... :18:
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Hmm......What do you charge?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Unlike STU, im not a cheap little B**** ... You will have to drop atleast 20 dollars to get with me!
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

This is/was happening to me! I think it has to do with Origin somehow, because it started happening after I installed/uninstalled it. I re-ran a PB update thing that I downloaded from a website. It worked well for a bit. Now it just happens on/off again occasionally.

IT. IS. SO. ANNOYING.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

Hi Cow
i hope you had a great vaca!! i am still jealous btw...you should try it now and see what is happening...
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

A FLYING COW wrote:This is/was happening to me! I think it has to do with Origin somehow, because it started happening after I installed/uninstalled it. I re-ran a PB update thing that I downloaded from a website. It worked well for a bit. Now it just happens on/off again occasionally.
Can't picture any obvious way in which the installation then uninstallation of the Origin Battlefield 1942 would affect an existing CD-based Battlefield 1942 installation, for what it's worth. Installation of another game like Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4 would potentially upgrade the installed PunkBuster core services to be something different than what the CD-based installation installed. But the Origin-based Battlefield 1942 installation doesn't deliver any PunkBuster services, so that alone wouldn't create the same kind of collision.

One thing we do know at this point is that if your Battlefield 1942 game crashes, and you reconnect fast enough to get the "A FLYING COW_17"-type name because your old connection and name still haven't timed out, you also end up with a blank CD key hash on your "A FLYING COW_xx" connection. This is what lead to the "duplicate key kick" Sarge described, because at the time he reported it, Origin-based Battlefield 1942 players were all getting blank CD key hashes unless they had manually set a "real" CD key into their Origin-based registry locations.

So Sarge's "crash and reconnect quickly" in turn lead to "kicked for duplicate key." As Rye recommended, we now know the server is fixed so Origin-based Battlefield 1942 clients will get a CD key hash generated even if they are still using the Origin-issued CD key. That wouldn't "fix" your or Sarge's blank key if and when your BF1942.EXE game is crashing, but would make it less likely for you to encounter someone else who also has a blank key hash when you quickly reconnect. So indeed the "duplicate key kick" symptom would be less likely to occur now, but the underlying problem (crashed Battlefield 1942 game on your computer) would presumably still be occurring.

Which exact symptoms of Sarge's original posts are you continuing to see? And if the game is terminating and dropping you all the way back to the Windows desktop, is there any message window such as "BF1942.EXE stopped working" that Windows puts up, or is it just "silent"?

-Trench