server

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

sgt stokes
United States of America

server

Post by sgt stokes »

dont know if i will ever come back to the server. tired of all of the language using gd and things like that and then tonight people talk bad about Jesus. I cant take that being a believer. i refuse too. if your an atheist, then that is you, and i wont try to offend you, but what people were saying tonight offended me real bad. this is a great server but it does not need that kind of reputation. dont know what the admins think about this butif this keeps going word of mouth alone will give it a bad rep, just sayin :mrgreen:
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
Demonic
Australia

Re: server

Post by Demonic »

i think the problem is bud, the limits of this server have been stretched to far, and its hard to pull it back...more so now than before, because theres such a shortage of players who play DC.

before i stopped playing here (again bahahaha) i noticed the chat log quickly became an open chat room amongst players.....specially when no admins were on.
and after that interesting log that father posted the other day, with various comments about 'retards' etc, its no wonder people get turned off, or get dragged into an verbal fight, because some dont know when to stfu.

there is a command to 'ignore' certain players, if someone is saying offensive stuff (used it alot in my final days) but you shouldnt have to do that.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

i tried that with the ignore, but for some reason it dont work anymore, at least on my end. i dont understand why people have to be so offensive. i understand this is nothing more than a game, but it seems just because we dont know who most of these people really are and they come in under a name that they can be as rude as they are. are they this way because they themselves are living in moms basement and do this because they are trying to be something they are not, or what? maybe i am to old fashion or something. I was wondering what happened to you on the server, hope you come back one day and we can give em hell one more time. i dont want to leave this server but i refuse to see that ever again.

i think i missed that post that father put up. maybe thats a good thing.
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
Streak

Post by Streak »

I was on the server that evening, too. Regardless of how I believe(or don't believe), the attitude and language on that night was unacceptable. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a prude, my language is as salty as any sailor ever hoped for, and I can be as offensive as a 600-lb person wearing a thong swimming suit :15: ! However, I will not treat anyone I'm not well-acquainted with to that, either.

I have no problem with anyone harassing me when I do something stupid. I have no problem harassing other players when they're stupid. I had a problem with the conduct, language and content this night, though. I would never- ever - belittle or take to task anyone's religious beliefs or deities. That is your choice. I applaud you for making that choice, and support you in that choice, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. But I will not put you down, will not take your God's name in vain(regardless of WHAT you call him/her), and I will not act like some ignorant, backwater moron.

I've played BF since it came out. I'm a former clan founder/leader of a very popular BF clan, in it's time. I'm a BlackBox server admin, have run my own BF servers, even our clan website. I understand what it takes to make one of these things work. I've been around the BF world a long, long time, and enjoy playing on this server, with the core group. I have to agree with you, though - it was not fun, it was wrong, and I don't want to play with that type of people.

I'm reserving opinion for the time being, but when I come back next to play, and if it's like it was this night, I won't be back either. I'll go play WoT, CoD, or something else where this type of behavior isn't tolerated.

I've enjoyed meeting and playing with the majority of you here on the server. I've had a lot of fun with you guys and hope it doesn't end here, but if it does, I salute all of the core players here!
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol...my reply vanished.....well, ill just say, i hope you guys keep enjoying playing DC no matter what.......
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Streak

Post by Streak »

Thanks, Demonic. It's sad that this happens, but we're big boys. I've played BF so long I feel like I may have a personal relationship with it!!! :oops: I doubt I'll stop playing, and will still come here from time to time to haunt Cheese and the rest. I just will probably be a little quicker on the disconnect button should this behaviour continue.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

before hitting the disconnect button, hit a screen shot or two.....or perhaps take note of the time etc, so admins can review the log....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Send the Christmas invite to Boon, Whirly, Kamalla, Rally and RFA. One last hurrah!
And a wish you were here to AIDS. :(

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed