Battlefield 1942 Free via Digital Download

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

TexanCowboy

Battlefield 1942 Free via Digital Download

Post by TexanCowboy »

Hey guys, hope you will forgive me but at the same time I understand if you delete this post.

We at Free 2 Play Games have a free version of Battlefield 1942 available for download at http://www.bf1942f2p.com

Currently we only offer BF1942, however as soon as our website is finished the above link will be re-directed to it.

I spend money out of my own pocket advertising old video games that need new players to keep them alive and currently am looking for something a little cheaper, which is why I am posting here.

You may run into our ads in the future on Twitter or Facebook. Please help us share and have fun with our Battlefield 1942 Free 2 Play download so we can keep new players coming in for Battlefield 1942!
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Battlefield 1942 Free via Digital Download

Post by Trench »

The way this is being presented seems more dubious than necessary. The .RAR contains no information whatsoever, the Facebook page contains no information about the download whatsoever, the Twitter page contains no information about the download whatsoever, such that the only choice is to "click it and see what happens and see what you get?"

The BF1942.EXE included as part of the game installation provided is already patched to use the qtracker-based master server replacement, yet there is also a "Multiplayer Patch (Install 2nd).exe" included? Which doesn't seem to use any known setup packager (other than being UPX-compressed) such that we can't see what the installer intends to do? And it simply crashes on Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 SP1 when trying to execute it with debug apparatus attached to watch what it does?

Whatever your intentions might have been, that's exactly the way malware behaves. Overall this reads too similar to clickbait for me. I wouldn't recommend that anyone download or use that package without knowing it's origins and what it actually does.

-Trench