Status Report, Sarge.

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Status Report, Sarge.

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Well guys here's the latest. I haven't moved out off the grid yet as I have to help my parents remodel one more house take a few more weeks and then we're out of here.

The land were looking at is around 20 acres it's roughly about 75 miles from the city, we're going to stay close just in case there's an emergency for my parents. It seems some of the property we've been looking at is actually up in the Lincoln County mountain range of the Nevada Utah border where most of our old off roading and abandoned mines are laid out soewe'll be right at home up there and know every back road out there as well.

I've done the finishing touches on the Suburbans engine its a 402 2 Chevy small block, just have to replace the injectors with 454 injectors and that'll be a finished beast. my F 350 Super Duty that was my fault, blew the engine up so I'm replacing it with a 2004 6.0 and it will be bullet proof with the EGR delete, head studs, oil cooler and everything else I need to go about another 400,000 miles.

we've also purchased two trailers was a 30 foot trailer with a 16 foot slide out that me and the wife live in and a 26 foot trailer with a slide out that's going to be my 15 year old son's bachelor pad. Once we find the property I will also build a small 20 by 20 cabin as a main house in case we want to stretch our legs a little bit more but other than that will be done. The funny thing is so much for being off the grid we will still have satellite TV and I believe the company out here called Info West actually has microwavable internet service so as long as I can see one of our local mountain tops and aim the antenna at it I should have internet and maybe be able to get back on BF42 killing fields.

Here's a few select pics just to keep you posted

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
fromage

Re: Status Report, Sarge.

Post by fromage »

That's pretty cool...having that freedom and land to roam around on. However, what's your kid going to do for a social life out there? You know, that whole social development thing. ;)
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Fuck it. I'll enlist him in the Army!
Lol, if we moved out that far he'll stay in town with my older son during the school week, but Jason (15) wants to bug out too. We got him a 26' camper with a slide out. He's all excited :D Looks like I'm starting a compound.
I'll keep updating. It sucks that we're stuck in a drive way right now and we got our first snow today.

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

26' camper?? F social life. He's got a mobile Hugh Hefner mansion!
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

a nice present for xmas ha sarge :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silent Assassin
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

lol. I use my wifes pick.

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:lol. I use my wifes pick.
"wife's pick". She's a wicked woman, that one. ;)

oldboi
Australia

Post by oldboi »

G'day Sarge good to hear your living the dream ... :]