Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

New Chair for $25

Post by Trench »

Didn't want to take the time to explain further in-game, but when I told Ninja "new office chair for $25" I meant I was able to replace the worn parts for $25 (shipped) by contacting the warranty number and just paying for parts, even though nothing had failed under warranty / the chair was out of warranty.

The prices they charged for replacement parts were just notably low / subsidized, as compared to buying a whole new chair. It also bugged me that I would be tossing out a chair that was 66% fine into a landfill, just because of the 33% that was worn out.

$25 was a good deal even for the $150 chairs I've used, but its a really great deal for the chair I'm using now which cost more than twice that. Since you end up assembling a new chair yourself anyway, replacing just the worn out part seemed no hassle at all.

Just wanted to say not to overlook the possibility. If your chair needs replaced but you don't want to drop that much dough, look on the bottom of the seat for their model and warranty number, and see if there isn't an inexpensive way to effectively get back to a new chair.

-Trench
fromage

Re: New Chair for $25

Post by fromage »

Stop being so helpful. When my car runs out of gas, I just buy a new one. The one problem with some chairs is unseating (pun alert) the hydraulic tube from the base when the hydro goes bad. It locks in pretty solidly.

I'll need to sit on this idea and give it some thought.