Hey fellas :)

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

junior

Hey fellas :)

Post by junior »

Been a long time, some might remember me, some might not :)

Just wanted to say hi to old timers, and also 2 quick questions so I don't have to google it all :) I just reinstalled BF on my PC, but whenever I start DC or DC Final, it will load a map then crash without an error message. OS is Win7, 64bit, BF itself seems to work fine but DC and DCF just wont. Any quick fix on how to solve this?

And also, where the hell is multiplayer list these days... I click on list to update and nothing shows up. How do you get a list of servers?

Thanks in advance, and hopefully see you these days on the server, if you got room for a rusty old timer like me ;)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Hey fellas :)

Post by Trench »

The crash cannot necessarily be completely resolved, but the updated BF1942.EXE from Team-SiMPLE fixes some of those crashes, and running BF1942.EXE with "Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5" or at least "Windows XP Service Pack 3" compatibility mode can reduce or eliminate those too. Many of us still live with crashing out of this old game, such as when you ALT-TAB to the desktop with the game still going.

The game server list is empty because companies have gone out of business since you last played. There is a "GameSpy fix" that is necessary to get the server list back, which is also built into the updated BF1942.EXE from Team-SiMPLE.

Both of these topics are part of the complete list of recommended steps in "HOW TO: Use the CD-based Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server". The Team-SiMPLE fix is linked to there as one of the steps, and it also gives you better widescreen monitor support, and includes a no-CD modification (which is also required now because current Microsoft Updates will kill the CD check EA was using).

Check out that setup post, and if there are still questions after reading that, let us know.

-Trench
junior

Re: Hey fellas :)

Post by junior »

Trench wrote:The crash cannot necessarily be completely resolved, but the updated BF1942.EXE from Team-SiMPLE fixes some of those crashes, and running BF1942.EXE with "Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5" or at least "Windows XP Service Pack 3" compatibility mode can reduce or eliminate those too. Many of us still live with crashing out of this old game, such as when you ALT-TAB to the desktop with the game still going.

The game server list is empty because companies have gone out of business since you last played. There is a "GameSpy fix" that is necessary to get the server list back, which is also built into the updated BF1942.EXE from Team-SiMPLE.

Both of these topics are part of the complete list of recommended steps in "HOW TO: Use the CD-based Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server". The Team-SiMPLE fix is linked to there as one of the steps, and it also gives you better widescreen monitor support, and includes a no-CD modification (which is also required now because current Microsoft Updates will kill the CD check EA was using).

Check out that setup post, and if there are still questions after reading that, let us know.

-Trench
Cheers Trench, had most of that stuff from before just not this latest "team simple fix", will give it a try now.