can't get my game to work

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Kurzt
United States of America

can't get my game to work

Post by Kurzt »

I just install bf1942 and it says to relog into as administrator and try again? anyone know what the hell this means??
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: can't get my game to work

Post by Trench »

That appears to be the symptom we expect to see because of the Microsoft update that disabled the SafeDisc DRM. You can fight with Windows and re-enable it (and re-enabled it again in the future, when they disable it again), or you can just use a No-CD modification of BF1942.EXE which inherently bypasses the SecDrv check anyway and so you'll no longer care if SafeDisc is enabled or not.

We actually recommend that you use a replacement BF1942.EXE anyway in the "HOW TO: Use the CD-based Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server" document. Because in addition to including a No-CD fix, it fixes some of the BF1942.EXE crashes, gives better widescreen resolution support, and includes the change that allows the "Internet" servers list to work in-game after the GameSpy service shut down back in 2014.

So download and apply the "Battlefield 1942 GameSpy patch v1.61" installer ("Battlefield 1942 GameSpy patch v1.61.exe") linked to in step "7. Install the GameSpy master server shutdown fix" in the "HOW TO: Use the CD-based Battlefield 1942 game to play on the EA117 server" document.

-Trench
Kurzt
United States of America

Post by Kurzt »

Trench!! you're the man dude...thanks for getting my game back up and Running!..I was all depressed and shit but you got this thing going for me!..again thanks Trench!!
[-UG-] Maj. MoFo

Post by [-UG-] Maj. MoFo »

Trench is the man with the plan once again. Thanks for your work keeping this old game going bro! :D