Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Donations

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Where are you guys at with setting up a way for us to funnel some server funds your way?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Donations

Post by Trench »

Hey HRD,

We appreciate you and everyone else who has expressed interest or concern regarding the ability to donate to EA117. We want to make sure EA117 is able to continue for a long time, too!

The founders of the EA117 community have provided these servers for many years without requesting or using donations. Which is something we've all been appreciative of; including myself, since I've only been around for a few of those years.

The plan is for the EA117 server to continue operating without accepting or asking for any donations. The best and most appreciated ways for "giving back" to the EA117 player community are to come play & have fun. And to help keep the server both positive and respectful, so that everyone else who comes to play can have fun, too.

If you still feel compelled to spend some money in EA117's name, please buy a pint & raise a glass in appreciation to those founders who started this community, and provided such a great place to play for all of us these many years.

-Trench
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Well the appreciation is mutual Trench.
Just know that if the server ever does feel a financial pinch, there are those of us who would gladly step up.
Thank you to all those involved in keeping our little corner of cyberspace around!
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Agreed.
AFPB
Argentina

Post by AFPB »

I remember that my last attempt to make a donation to the server ended up with a week ban for me, so think twice before trying to donate.
AFPB
Argentina

Post by AFPB »

Or was it that I wanted to make a donation to lift a ban? Can't remember now, it's been a while since then.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

AFPB wrote: September 14th, 2018, 9:32 pm I remember that my last attempt to make a donation to the server ended up with a week ban for me, so think twice before trying to donate.
AFPB wrote: September 14th, 2018, 9:33 pm Or was it that I wanted to make a donation to lift a ban? Can't remember now, it's been a while since then.
Neither is correct. You were already under a ban yourself. While on ban, you attempted to pay US$200 as a bribe to put a ban on another EA117 player. Ended up getting your full ban time, even though other players who had been given bans at the same time yours was issued had their bans lifted early.

So yeah, "think twice before trying to donate."

-Trench