NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Respecting other Battlefield 1942 servers

Post by Trench »

Hey guys,

One of the other Battlefield 1942 servers out there just had to contact us, regarding a player who was actively recruiting to get players to move over to the EA117 server.

We don't want that kind of disrespect going on anywhere, just like we wouldn't want that kind of disrespect occurring here.

In addition to putting yourself in a bad light (the player is now permabanned on the other Battlefield 1942 server), if such recruiting activity were to continue, it wouldn't make EA117 look that great either. This heads-up should be all the correction necessary, but if we were to receive notice of any continued abuse, it will definitely lead to a ban here on EA117 as well.

Whether you think the other Battlefield 1942 server has a specific policy against recruiting or not, be respectful and supportive of the servers you're playing on, regardless.

We love our EA117 regulars and the community that has been built here. But none of us "belong" on any particular server, even though you may see other players who are also regulars on EA117.

If they are happily playing elsewhere on some other server, any effort by you to get them to move can only be viewed as "you're trying to get players to leave this populated server." And rightly so.

-Trench
pistol

Re: Respecting other Battlefield 1942 servers

Post by pistol »

Moongamers? They seem to be struggling recently.
I went onto their server probably a year or two ago and mentioned I played mostly at EA117, at which point an admin quickly pointed out that I should shut up about other servers. So I did.

Kinda silly, because at this point there's only a couple of servers left playing BF1942 in the states. Everyone should know who they are and there shouldn't even be a need to mention others.
PitViper

Post by PitViper »

Trench was referring to my TGE| server and didn't drop names...and rightly so as it applies to any server.
As of this time and for the last few years we are the #1 US server for 1942. That's not really saying much as the amount of regular players have dropped dramatically and I could probably get more players to play hopscotch.

We all share a common thread and enjoy this old game and it's variety of mods. We also support EA117 as we share many common things. Perhaps we could do more.

When we want to play DC...there is only one server we go too... EA117.

pop by and say hello.
http://usa-bf1942.proboards.com/forum

'regards

PitViper
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I posted a recruitment thread at Moon very similar to the one you allowed me to post here Trench. I received no flak for it. I think there is definitely a delicate and respectful approach to it, but with the game and all its mods either dead or on life support it doesn't hurt to try and band together.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

By "moving" do you mean he or she was actively trying to get people to stop playing at TGE and only play at EA117? Or play at both. Because one is much worse than the other.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Just as a "one time thing", meaning "let's go play there right now."

It's just like walking into a party and saying "hey, let's ditch this place and go to a different party down the street." Just disrespectful to the host of the party. When it's difficult already for Battlefield 1942 servers to get populations these days, it's just very rude to go into another server where people are and say "hey, let's disconnect from here and go somewhere else."

If you want to go somewhere else, by all means go. But shouting it out in chat or trying to encourage other people to leave is what we're talking about.

-Trench
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Fair enough. That would certainly be the disrespectful way of going about it.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I thought we were talking about another DC server. I just read this thread in full and see its in reference to a 42 server. A lot of players only play one or the other or you get players that play both. DC is this random animal that 42 players every hug every now and then. I think it would be less of a concern compared to a 42 server stealing players from another 42 server?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Many servers actually have a stated or enforced "no recruiting" rule, which makes any such theories of "who should be more concerned" a moot point. Our recommendation was to simply treat all servers as though they have such a rule, and to be respectful by not suggesting or advocating in chat that any players should leave a populated server.

-Trench
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

CJ (Crash) wrote:I thought we were talking about another DC server. I just read this thread in full and see its in reference to a 42 server. A lot of players only play one or the other or you get players that play both. DC is this random animal that 42 players every hug every now and then. I think it would be less of a concern compared to a 42 server stealing players from another 42 server?
There isn't a lot of players to go around for any server period. Stealing is a dick move. However I fully support a friendly "Hey if anyone is ever up for (mod name here) feel free to check out (server name here)"
Trench's party example is best for pointing out the poor etiquette here.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I dont disagree its a dick move, I'm just surprised that enough players actually play both 42 and DC for it to be an issue.
theraven
United States of America

Post by theraven »

PLAYERS COME HERE FOR THE FUN AND GAMING BEST SERVER OUT THERE