Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

AFPB faults Battlefield V as a documentary of WW2

Post by Trench »

AFPB - Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:29 pm wrote:Female characters as regular soldiers in Battlefield V (it's WW2). SJW propaganda shoved down our throats again
AFPB - Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:31 pm wrote:Black and Asían British paratroopers landing on gliders in Normandy. Lol. SJW shitstorm
AFPB - Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 pm wrote:What a way to alienate your loyal fanbase and lower sales. Females don't play this shit. Don't play at all
HairyRussianDude - Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:55 pm wrote:Adding boobs to a game will always win with me.
Trench - Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:+1 boobs
CJ (Crash) - Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 pm wrote:Blacks, Whites and Asians were part of the British Empire and fought with them dumbass.
CJ (Crash) - Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:57 pm wrote:I went to India recently and saw a monument to the Sudanese that held off the Japanese to save India. Learn some history.
CJ (Crash) - Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:04 pm wrote:After the fall of singapore, singaporeans fought in Europe. Also Russian used Korean soldiers against Germany.
AFPB - Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:28 pm wrote:There were no ethnic units serving as paras on the British airborne assault on Normandy, dickhead
AFPB - Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:29 pm wrote:The British Indian Army units and other primarily colonial ones in Europe were sent to the Italian front
AFPB - Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:31 pm wrote:Get your facts straight
screaming_eagle - Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:40 pm wrote:+2 boobs
ryeontherocks - Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:14 pm wrote:thanks for the history lesson...btw this is a gaming forum...
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 am wrote:My Chinese Indian Grandfather was at Normandy. There were also Singaporeans absorbed into the British Navy, just like Poles were in the RAAF. Just like Black American pilots flew for the USAF over Germany etc. You're ignorant and amusing AFPB.
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:59 am wrote:Regarding Indian troops (which is why the SUDANESE re-inforced their absent posts). Sigh.
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 am wrote:After they pushed Italy out of the Ethiopia.
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:02 am wrote:http://www.dw.com/en/africa-in-world-wa ... a-18437531
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:02 am wrote:"In France, Germany and Italy, in India, Burma or on the Pacific islands, African soldiers died "
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:03 am wrote:Also Black People appear in Shakespeare. They have lived in the UK for over 500 years, some of whom FOUGHT IN THE BRIT ARMY.
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 am wrote:Black WW2 Pilots
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:04 am wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen
tonawandares - Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:18 pm wrote:Maybe a thread in General Discussion is appropriate; certainly not in the shout box
ryeontherocks - Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:05 pm wrote:crash and afpb....please tone this down....
CJ (Crash) - Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:57 pm wrote:I'm not the one swearing. AFPB wants another ban
ryeontherocks - Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:17 pm wrote:crash then dont take the bait...let us deal with it
ryeontherocks - Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm wrote:tell fart jokes or how slow your pc is ..
fromage - Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:50 pm wrote:+3 boobs
fromage - Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:50 pm wrote:bobs and vagines
CJ (Crash) - Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:17 am wrote:And of course cheese has to chime in like the bitch he is.
Jim2102 - Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:08 am wrote:Piss off Cheese, whiny ass cat
Jim2102 - Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 am wrote:Don't worry Crash, he's too insecure to take a few dollars out of his paycheck, buy a mic, and spam all the stupid shit that he "has" to say in TS. He's clearly worried about what other people will think, LMAO
Trench - Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 am wrote:@Crash So which part of the "tone it down" request did you not understand. You are the one who initiated the name-calling right here, to both AFPB and Cheese. Everyone at least be civil please.
CJ (Crash) - Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:34 am wrote:AFPB elevated this to swearing abuse, Not I. Also AFPB, Cheese, etc keep bringing up politics (ie SJWs) out of nowhere.
Trench - Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm wrote:@Crash Again, you are the one who initiated the name-calling right here, and then continued it after being asked to tone it down. Yes, we do expect everyone to be civil to one another here, but calling people names and then being incredulous that they would respond poorly isn't reasonable, either.
Trench - Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:27 pm wrote:Also, "no politics" is an in-game thing, not a web site or forum thing. This is the right place to post political views, so that people can understand what complete nutters many of us are in real life.
fromage - Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 pm wrote:Crash and Jim, glad you're being called out for your true colors here. Seems like you're both projecting your insecurities. Very telling. :)
screaming_eagle - Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm wrote:+4 BOOBS
screaming_eagle - Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 pm wrote:comon gents everyone be nice and take the fight to the maps (respectfully)
fromage - Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:59 pm wrote:and put some lotion on
fromage - Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:59 pm wrote:or else it gets the sangwich
Jim2102 - Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:03 pm wrote:LOL, I wasn't called out for shit, I decided to step up for Crash since trolling fags like you can't stfu. Aw Cheese, you poor, poor thing. You're still trying to defend your very weak ego and low self esteem even though you already lost. I like how you still don't acknowledge all the shit and wrong doings you have done, even though I called you out for it a few times now, really shows how much of a "pu$$y cat" you are, if you will. Really shows a lot about your character and integrity, which is close to nothing. Anyone I'm done now, bye bye lower class Cheese fag
Jim2102 - Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:10 pm wrote:Anyway*
Jim2102 - Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:16 pm wrote:I'll be leaving the server and this site now, way too many trolls and idiots like Cheese around here. Have fun spamming up the server with more lies and stupid ass teets Cheese, you delusional sad sack of shit ;)
jolly_mario_batali - Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 pm wrote:Can we all just act like adults, not fling racist, homophobic, sexist, or other bigoted remarks and/or invectives at each other, and enjoy the game itself? If you feel that someone is being disruptive in a serious way, there is a forum section that you can use to discuss it civilly there.
jolly_mario_batali - Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 pm wrote:http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/viewforum.php?f=30
CJ (Crash) - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 am wrote:Trench, if you think I initiated AFPB's stalking vendetta of me you havent been paying attention in game. He's given way more than he's got from me.
CJ (Crash) - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:05 am wrote:@Cheese, you're so insecure you have to spam in game for attention every three seconds. Ooh quick I better make a joke so they like me. ooh ooh ooh lol
CJ (Crash) - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 am wrote:I dont blame you Jim. Especially with Cheese just accusing you of hacking and everyone missed it.
CJ (Crash) - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:07 am wrote:@Trench You're acting incredulous that I reacted to AFPB being RACIST. And none of you called him out. I'm not being incredulous for his insult back. Im incredulous that he swore ("dickhead is worse than dumbass" dont you think?)
CJ (Crash) - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:10 am wrote:Oh and can Mali cease the constant butthurt bs about his hacking. I've never actually accused him of hacking on this forum. "Half" the forum would be over 400 ppl. Half the server would be more.
jolly_mario_batali - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 am wrote:Can we all just act like adults, not fling racist, homophobic, sexist, or other bigoted remarks and/or invectives at each other, and enjoy the game itself? If you feel that someone is being disruptive in a serious way, there is a forum section that you can use to discuss it civilly there. http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/viewforum.php?f=30
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: AFPB faults Battlefield V as a documentary of WW2

Post by Trench »

CJ (Crash) - Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 am wrote:Trench, if you think I initiated AFPB's stalking vendetta of me you havent been paying attention in game. He's given way more than he's got from me.
I don't think anyone is confused about that situation, Crash. It's just not what this situation is about. AFPB didn't come into this discussion making racist comments, nor did he even address anything to you, until you insulted him.

You are being called out on it because despite there having also been actual instances of harassment or racism we've had to intervene in, there are also issues such as this one where you are the one continuing or initiating a problem.

So no, just because there have been issues in the past doesn't mean you get to explain everything away as "I'm being attacked", and you have to check your own behavior too.

-Trench
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Just biding my time and shaking my head.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I stand by what I wrote. AFPB swore once, denigrated Women and wrote nonsense that shows when it comes to WW2 history, he's a dumbass.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Let's separate two components of the above exchange: AFPB's comments, and Crash's reaction(s) to those comments.

AFPB's comments come off as tone deaf, potentially a dog whistle to bigots, and possibly purposely provocative. They certainly should not fall under the purview of the minichat, and are of questionable judgment to be submitted on this forum at all.

Subsequently, instead of responding in a calm, cool, collected manner to disagree with him, Crash chose to react with condescension and resorted to a personal attack. Can you think of a single example where responding to one's perceived ignorant or perceived bigoted statement with a personal attack has convinced either them or anyone else in the audience that they were incorrect in their beliefs? No.

From a practical standpoint, the most effective way to convince one who you think is bigoted or ignorant that they are incorrect in their beliefs is to respond with a cogent, dispassionate, fact-based narrative that clearly debunks what they said. Escalating a tense situation only makes everyone less, not more, receptive to your opposing view point. It might make *you* feel better in the moment, but if one objective is to reduce the amount of ignorance and bigotry in the world, and the other objective is to facilitate a fun and inviting environment for our gaming server, then it is empirically counterproductive.
Last edited by jolly_giada on June 22nd, 2018, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Quick coda for those reading:

Our main objective is to facilitate a fun and inviting environment for our gaming server. All else is ancillary. Please use your judgment before posting anything inflammatory or relating to topics of politics and society. And if someone says something you don't like, either PM the admins or respond in a calm, cool, and collected manner. Let's just have fun and play the game. That goes to everyone.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Let me say this. The very last time AFPB communicated anything to me before his political rant post (which apparently is against the rules in game) AFPB TK'd me and then told me he did it on purpose.

Run a search for that that last word.

Clearly rubbing my nose in TKing me on purpose wasn't enough catty enough for him, he had to continue it on this website's chat server to try bait me a person he has labelled an "SJW". AFPB is an annoying trolling coward. Cheese has also spammed that insult at me a number times. The last catty thing that lil worm tried to do was start a fight by calling me a "douchebag". I didn't insult him back.

Context matters.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Well if we adjudicated name-calling then your posts on this forum thread would be rather self-incriminating so let’s avoid that for now. As for purposeful TKing, that is clearly a rules violation so please feel free to PM the date and approximate time of that alleged incident to the admins.

Context does matter but we ask that you do your part as well in de-escalating conflict, even if you perceive that you did not initiate it.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

+5 boobs.
digre05
Argentina

Post by digre05 »

oh this is pure gold 8-)