Possible “Clan War” Based Matches

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Possible “Clan War” Based Matches

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Hey guys, Bang Bang here.

I was wondering what the EA117 community would think about this idea of mine. On a set weekend in the future, maybe we could have a few maps where we get into drafted teams, and play a series of 3 games with the same teams. Kinda tournament style if you know what I mean. We could all be on TS and kinda relive the “clan war” style of battle that was so prominent back in the day. It’s just a thought, but I think y’all would like it once we got the logistics figured out. Let me know what y’all think.

Thanks,

BangBangOw
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: Possible “Clan War” Based Matches

Example: We get a total of 16 people (8v8), commited to this certain night or weekend.
We get the teams set before hand, and when we join in, everyone gets a 10 min warmup so everyone’s ready. Then we reset the server, get the teams set and play, best out of three for a couple of maps. I know it might be hard with random people joining but it’s just a thought.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

Clan wars are still alive on russian side
[WB] (my clan) is playing every now and then against [BERKUT] [CATS] and [RENEGARDE]
but i like ur idea bang
we can play on Tona's test server if he would like to borow it for a "clan war"
so we dont mess with EA117 server
just a thought
Silent Assassin
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

I was thinking about this the other day too. Especially for....al nas
jk

But would we lock the server so others couldn't come in, or how would that work?
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Oh and I suggest for one of the clans my old clan from my Counterstrike days....

[n*sync]
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

BlinkofanEye wrote: December 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm But would we lock the server so others couldn't come in, or how would that work?
Usually by temporarily setting a server connection password, which only the tournament participants will know.

If Tona was willing and available to use his server, that might be the least-friction way to do it. So that everyone else visiting EA117 would just play normally. Only those who had opted in to doing something new anyway (playing in the tournament) would encounter needing to know what server and what password are needed to play, etc.

Since currently we don't keep a population during the daytime on EA117, I would be willing to close the EA117 server during the day if we needed to do it on EA117 itself. The server would just need to be re-opened by 7:00pm or so Eastern time. Hopefully that would be a reasonable solution for a weekend tournament, though it does force the tournament play to be earlier in the day.

I've never gravitated towards tournaments myself, so my bias will definitely be toward protecting "keep the EA117 server open for those who are just trying to play whenever they have free time and have fun." But closing the server during the day to where it will have a password is definitely something we're willing to do outside of prime time EA117 playing hours.

So I would say definitely continue with gauging the interest and figuring out the whom and when. If participation can only occur during prime time hours, then we'll either have to see what Tona's availability is, or create a server to host it. But if earlier in the afternoon will work, then we can definitely do it on EA117's current server.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

It'll be just like little league, except I will make the tryouts!
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

My test server is a 10 slot server.
I could temporarily reconfigure it for something like this but it would be limited to two, five-player teams.
I have it set up totally for testing right now but it could be changed around. Of course, you may enjoy a 1-2 second respawn and unlimited negative points (I have to suicide a kajillion times in testing)

My server is located in Central US.
The event could happen virtually at any date and time.
What I don't run is BF1942 pure. I would have to reload those maps on the server, which isn't a big deal, but I have hacked them to pieces presently.

~ tona
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

That all sounds good, and I agree on not tampering with prime time ea117, but since we have access to other servers let explore the options. And see if anyone else likes this idea. Thanks guys!
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

I'm able to port forward my own server for this. But I will have a 0 ping, and that's not gonna be fair to anyone so I wouldn't want that.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Let's just pick a server that's exactly on the other side of the world for Bangbang. Or Bang maybe you could just relocate to Australia for a bit? Midwest server sounds good. Why is ot just ten slots Tona? Do you rent based on player capacity?
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I'm down for this!
But only if we pick team names and have tags to feel like badasses.
Let me know a date and time!
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

What about Friday, Jan 3rd? or the 4th. Friday Saturday the weekend after Christmas? I know some people will be out of town.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

BlinkofanEye wrote: December 10th, 2019, 10:27 am Let's just pick a server that's exactly on the other side of the world for Bangbang. Or Bang maybe you could just relocate to Australia for a bit? Midwest server sounds good. Why is ot just ten slots Tona? Do you rent based on player capacity?
Yes, the server is rented and 10 slots is the minimum.
I rented it strictly for a testing environment for modding.

~ tona
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Maybe have a 10 person sign up forum. anyone whos interested can sign up. Then we split into teams?
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Perhaps, we have a couple of team captains and they draft the other 4 on their team?
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

if I dont make it for the final 10 Can I a least be the water boy
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

It's not the final 10 sanch, we can take anyone. (just gotta sign up, if we put that together) Besides blink of course. He is the designated water boy, so you're out of luck.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

I prefer to be designated taint-sweat-sweat-wiper. Sanch can have water boy. Brain Damage aka Beer PhD can sell beer and weenies. Teenie weenies.

But yeah. All jokes aside, obviously I'm Nas Captain. My team against just Bang.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Looks like you have at least five interested so far. My suggestion is that when you're ready to commit to a date and time of day, make a new separate thread in which the first post describes the event and declares a specific proposed date and time for the event, so that people can know what they're agreeing to & whether they can be available.

And as people reply to the thread saying they're able to come on the date & time you proposed, you can edit that first message to add each person's name in an official "teams list" or similar. Rather than having to read through the whole thread to determine who is planning to be there & how many more are needed for teams, etc.

You will need to negotiate with tona directly what days & how he can make it available,if your plan is to use that server during prime time. If "in the afternoon" and completing before 7:00pm Eastern is what you want to do, we can stipulate that we'll make the EA117 server available with a password set, for whatever date is decided. (And for a couple days before the actual event too, just to practice and make sure everything is working.)
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Jan 3/4 works for me. I can make any weekend work for the most part, but we do on call rotations at work so there is a chance if it one of those weekends I could get called in and have to bail early.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Any other takers on the JAN 3rd/4th weekend posibility?
screaming_eagle
United States of America

Post by screaming_eagle »

I'll play if Cyber agree's to be a cheerleader. We can dress him up in a tight mini skirt give him Pom Poms and a sling for that SAW he uses to blow my ass up all over the maps.
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Cyber using a SAW. That'd be the day.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

I'm in, as long as BangBang takes on the administrative overhead of organizing. I would not take # of replies here as # of attendees -- there are likely those who will participate but are choosing not to comment.