CHRISTINA...AGAIN.

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

ButtBreathSenior

CHRISTINA...AGAIN.

Post by ButtBreathSenior »

I've had it. For the second time in the past week again Christina runs over my mine in Nas. Was not by accident either. She was going to cut thru the buildings by the river and I flagged her to stop. She stopped... and then I guess she figured out it was my mine so started the truck forward and run over it. Again..NO FTK. This pisses me to no end. ANYONE that knows me know the FIRST thing I do even before anyone says anything I automatically go ahead and FTK. Unless it's someone I thought TK'd me on purpose. I normally keep my cool and try and get along with anyone...but no more. Next time I get on and she is on my team or changes to it for any reason I'll just slip out. If you see my leave without saying anything you'll know why. This has been a longstanding issue with her/it. Just not going to deal with her/it anymore.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: CHRISTINA...AGAIN.

Post by tonawandares »

BB,

I will say this, christina doesn't ftk anyone at anytime for whatever reason...I'm like you with tks but she is an equal opportunity non-ftker
But I will make sure that the next time you are both in and I'm on that i will shadow to see if there is any intentional tking going on.

Thanks,
~ tona
ButtBreathSenior

Thanks Tona..but I'm not going to give her that opportunity again. It was very evident to me what she did. Jolli was going to deal with her after her the first time this week but guess that didn't happen...or she just doesn't care...which I suspect it really the case.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Butt: thanks for taking the time to post on forum about this. In my view, Christina's potentially malicious, purposeful triggering of teammate mines is unacceptable. About a month ago, I spent extensive time speaking with Christina about this via chat, as you recall. Initially, she feigned ignorance or stated that it was unintentional. I do not recall if I kicked Christina or not at that time. I recall a couple other players chiming in to help explain the situation to her. Ultimately, over course of dialogue, she admitted that she was frustrated that the mines blocked exits, so therefore, contradicted her own espoused ignorance, as it seems her running over of mines is sometimes purposeful and meant to be vindictive. Note that in the past she has been disciplined both for C4 violations and running over mines purposely without TKing at least once via kick/ban.

I promised to you that, the next time you, Christina, and me, are all on the server at the same time, and she commits one of these acts, I would get involved again, as I have done for you before. Unfortunately, I have not been able to play much this week or lately at all due to medical issues, so this has yet to transpire. Since she never comes on ea117.com forum, we can't just ban her for a week and expect her to come here so we can explain to her why she has been banned. The most effective strategy to reduce recidivism is likely to warn her in the game while the three of us are all online, and then, if she does not apologize, express any contrition, or admits that she has done this without any stated attempts to improve, we will make it explicit why we are instituting a ban, and then institute another 1 week ban.

Until then, the other admins may disagree and I may be overruled with the following, but otherwise, I give you permission to avoid the situation by switching teams if you are ever placed on the same team as Christina.

What do you think?
ButtBreathSenior

If ok with admins I'll switch instead of leaving the game regardless of score etc...I've always played by the rules. If I have to leave the game because of her so be it. If I thought her action had just been an "accident" I'd never say a word. But...she started to drive between the buildings. I jumped in front to stop and I know the mine symbol was displayed. She stopped. Sat there for a second and then headed straight for me and the mine. Had I not jumped out of the way she would have run over me as well.
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

I will reinforce Buttbreath's complaint.

Last week, Christina also humbly passed a mine that I had placed next to the blue flag. At the time I was placing the mine, she was at my side, so she saw and knew she was there, made no attempt to deflect, demonstrating that she did it intentionally, so that I lost points and she, as usual, don't give me ftk.

I should have already made that claim, however, after everything I put on it in another post about complaints about it, I just gave up. Why? because the only thing that has changed is that it has stopped personal offenses.

Currently, I have the same feelings that Buttreath has, when she joins the server, or I change teams, or I leave, something I already considered in the other post about her.

With all due respect, but you have talked to her, banned her several times, and what has changed?
Nothing!
She is not a novice player, she knows the rules. Still, it continues to do nonsense. It is a problem of bad intentionality.
I had said in the other post, based on Mario's argument, if I'm not mistaken, that he said that it improved the gameplay. And I argued against asking whether he preferred quantity or quality.

Now, do you notice the dissatisfaction of a player at the level of Buttbreath?
And what are you going to do?
Talk more?
She is not a child, she does not need to be educated.
Are you going to ban for a week?
When she returns, she will continue to do the same things.
You can ban her for a year. It won't do any good.
When she return, she will do the same things.

I'm sorry, but you are very tolerant.

We cannot lose a player at the level of Buttbreath and stay with Christina. It is inadmissible.

Again, I'm sorry for the way I express myself in relation to this story.
If anything I said was not clear, please ask me that I will be happy to explain further.

Thanks,

Cyberdemon
Last edited by Cyberdemon on March 9th, 2020, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

she doesn't bother me at all, I bully her :D
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Thank you for your amenability, BB, and for your detailed note, Cyber.

The admin team and I share your frustration with Christina. We really do. In fact, in some ways, I feel double the amount of frustration.

It's been difficult for me since, not only has she apparently intentionally run over my mines and not FTK'd, but in addition, she has directed racist insults at me. As an admin whose expressed goal is maximizing how fun and enjoyable this server is -- a function in part of both server population and quality of the individuals playing -- it took every bit of restraint in my system to not ban Christina right then and there for the racist remarks, for which she never apologized.

At the same time, we don't exactly have the luxury of banning every troll on the server.

As a compromise, I suggest the following:
-BB and Cyber switch teams to avoid playing on same side as Christina. If the other admins are online, we will swap with you if need be to even teams, or ask a friendly, equanimous player to do the same.
-The next time Christina and I are both on the server, and she commits another purposeful mine run-over without FTK, alert me, state it publicly, and I will administer a ban to Christina.

sound ok to everyone?
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

what country is she actually from ? if she doesn't understand English, is there anyone who can translate so she can read that her actions are disruptive ?!

having 2 people switch teams on account of her doesn't resolve anything...it's a temporary fix to what sounds like an on going problem (plus you then subject other regs to her BS actions )

if she doesn't understand English, chooses to NOT understand English , then trying to communicate with her regarding server rules is a waste of time.

i would take quality over quantity any day....just my . 2 cents
BROTHERS IN ARMS
ButtBreathSenior

Cyber and Demonic thanks for chiming in on this with your support. I personally do not think that Cyber and I having to change sides is good way to resolve issue either. Didn't realize that Cyber was having to change sides as well. I agreed to do so as I'm open to different ways to resolve issues but there again didn't realize at the time Cyber was dealing with same. It only opens a few can of worms and may lead to other players wanting to change as well for various reasons. I've always gone where server put me, good bad or different. I think others would start doing same if we both continue to do and quite honestly I do not want to have to explain why I am changing sides in game as there are those that would question automatically in seeing such. It's not a thing of her being from a foreign country and not understanding the language. I've seen her converse with others in English both here and on other servers. Speaking of which she's not very popular on two others I play on. It's not my server so I'm not about to try and tell admins to run it. So far in the past it's been the best one I've played on which is why I play here as much as I do. So I guess I'll wait and see how this plays out and decide where I spend my time. Like I said in my first post. I'm done with her. Period.
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

she or he can understand English, in the past when the server is almost empty I have had conversations with her and she can hold a decent dialogue. Sometimes I think its probably 2 different guys playing from the same house one of them being a total asshole.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Thank you Dem and Sanchez for weighing in as well. I agree that that is only a temporary solution. Now that I have warned her in writing, both in main chat and thru admin chat, several times yesterday, I can now motivate the following next step: the next time Christina, BB/Cyber, and I are on the server at the same time, and we "catch Christina in the act" of maliciously running over a teammate mine/not FTKing, I can state in writing that she is about to b e banned for this infraction, and then institute a ban. Since I have health issues and can't play every night, if Trench or Tona are similarly inclined and are on the server at the same time as BB/Cyber and Christina when Christina commits such an act before I get a chance to be involved, I recommend that they feel empowered to make a similar decision.

I hope this makes sense.
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

She reminds me of Bala de Prata. Both are idiots who are more of a disruption then a benefit. I agree with Demonic - quality over quantity - but then by that philosophy, I shouldn't be here either LOL!
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

We, as Admins, understand the issue fully.
Trench is unavailable this week.
Mario is unavailable this week.
I will be in the game this week and purposely shadow Christina.
If, and when, she does this again, I will ban her for a couple of weeks.
After the other Admins return, we can discuss the issue (again) and make a more final resolution.
There really is no need to switch teams unless you want to.
I'll just deal with it and be done.

~ tona

footnote: If she really had an issue with mine placement, she could carry a wrench > remove mine > drive and if she were nice, replace the mine.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

The following video will demonstrate how reckless she is.....recorded by fraps in super duper resolution, it shows someone laying a mine after the team clearly all standing around so everyone knew who's mine it was......then without fail and paying no attention to the pretty flags highlighting there is danger in the squared off area.....

phpBB [video]
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Brettanomyces
Brazil

Post by Brettanomyces »

as I said before, she shud get a perma ban if that is possible nowadays due to the fact peeps cans use the origin game. She abuses the right of disrupt game play ... you guys are a fine bunch of old friends gathering at night to have fun so I dont beileve you all have to put up with this ... just ban pure and simple.

my two cents
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

This server clearly has a sexist agenda. #christinatoo #harveyminestein #keepyourgrubbyminesoffmeBB
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
screaming_eagle
United States of America

Post by screaming_eagle »

This is a malicious play on Christina's part because it's happened to me as well, I just laugh, ignore it and it pretty much goes away for me. However It's evident and a disruptive issue with now more than 3 players AND on multiple occasions. With that said a 6 month ban would be suitable punishment. Should he/she decide to come back after 6 months he/she would need to bring the unban request to the forum (per the rules the admins have in place) and perhaps leave it to a vote with the admins.
ButtBreathSenior

Thanks guys for chiming in. Hate to see how many others are showing up with same issues with her but at least I know its not personal with just me. I'll just continue to do what I did the other night. If server throws her or me on same side I'll head over to my second favorite server. Not understanding why she isn't banned with so many having same issues but it's not my server or my call. But certainly is my right to chose not to stay and play on same sides. See ya'll later tonight (unless she pops up on same side).
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i myself haven't had any issue with her.....YET....but clearly a number of you have, which isn't right or fair...and i think its fair to say that most all of us play DC ( and other games ) as a down time from real life issues...so having to deal with someones BS on the server ( such as those who come in and mouth off while drunk...ehem...like last night ) ruins it some what.

a communication barrier is making this more frustrating , which again as i mentioned, if she ignores Admins requests/warnings of disruptive game play then i don't see this ending from her any time soon.
i will keep fraps on stand by ( if i remember to load it lol ) in case i see it being done to others who perhaps do not venture on this forum often.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

BlinkofanEye wrote: March 12th, 2020, 9:28 am This server clearly has a sexist agenda. #christinatoo #harveyminestein #keepyourgrubbyminesoffmeBB
What are you talking about?
You do the same thing that she does.
Do you remember that you live passing over my mines in Al Nas, when we are on the red team?

On second thought, I think I'll create a topic for you! :lol:

Blinko again, again, again ... :D

Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Since I already made the effort to give her several written warnings last week and previously, all I ask is that, the next time any of you are on the server at the same time that Christina and an admin are also on the server, and Christina commits one of these infractions, that you alert the admin so we can then Administer a ban in a way that it clear to everyone is in a reaction to a specific infraction. We would like this to be as fair and as transparent as a process as possible. Remember, we share your frustration, and agree with the reason for the ban, but I think it needs to happen in the correct way.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Mario,

If it is any consolation, I like how you guys are dealing with this,
Losing players at this point completely sucks. I do like how you have exercised mass amounts of patience and are waiting for a red handed moment to ensure the reason for the ban is crystal clear.
You have my support sir!
ButtBreathSenior

I thought it was pretty crystal clear about what she's done. There is no question about it. But a new offense will be something others will have to deal with. I won't be put in that position again for her to do so. I'm done with posting.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Just to memorialize what occurred this evening: multiple players went to great lengths to explain to Christina what she has been doing wrong. She proceeded to accuse other players of being liars, in addition calling them "Scoundrel" in Portuguese. I reminded Christina that she has previously admitted to me that she had purposely run over mines, which she denied, ironically making her a "liar" (lol). The one time she ran over a teammate mine (BB's), she may have FTKd, it is unclear. We made it abundantly clear to her that the next time she purposely runs over a teammate mine (or, accidentally), and does not FTK, she will be banned. She explicitly said that she understands. The next time she runs over a teammate mine and doesn't FTK, if an admin is on, we will administer a ban immediately, but if not, post it here, and she will receive a ban asynchronous to the incident.

Thank you for your patience. We understand everyone's concern and are trying to deal with it in as fair and as transparent of a way as possible. Just trying to do "the right thing" here!