Berlin....

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

Demonic
Australia

Berlin....

Post by Demonic »

Can I attack an uncaptureable main?
No. Attacking an uncaptureable main or “uncap” IS NOT allowed. Attacking the uncapturable main is considered “camping”, and the player is liable to be kicked or banned upon an administrator’s discretion.

If you are in any way unsure whether what you’re doing will be considered camping, DON’T DO IT. The purpose of the uncapturable main rule is to not “pin down” the opposing team to where there is no gameplay occurring elsewhere on the map. Back off of the uncapturable main, and go wait for enemy players to show up at one of the flags or objectives where they CAN be killed.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Re: Berlin....

Post by Demonic »

Were there any admins on during this ?....or any that are willing to accept failure on allowing Red to spawn camp blue for at least 10 minutes.....perhaps tomorrow i will post the little video snip that will show who was on red, and that ALL on red are guilty as fck for doing it...
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

That there happened to not be any admins present is probably exactly why they did it. We'll get a few of the names from the video, and then wait until some point in the future when they're about to cap a CTF flag or get awarded a scoreboard medal to issue their kick for base camping.... 😉
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

phpBB [video]

It happened about an hour prior to you logging on Trench...so if you want to see the comments that were made during that base camping, by some of the regulars involved...

i cannot help but feel there were 2 admins on during this....but they were incog....unless the player 'Dirt Dianna' is a new admin we werent aware of...
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Demonic, why'd you keep scoreboard up in your video? Now I can't see the part where I typed: "CHARRRGGGEEE" hahahaha
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Demonic wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:40 pm Were there any admins on during this ?....or any that are willing to accept failure on allowing Red to spawn camp blue for at least 10 minutes.....perhaps tomorrow i will post the little video snip that will show who was on red, and that ALL on red are guilty as fck for doing it...
I was actually on and made several references to not camping the main.
I was in and out of the game busy with my hot water heater that stopped heating.
I attempted to give a little time for the players to back off.
I think even Sanchez made calls for players to stop
In lieu of kicking at least half of the players for actually camping the main, I changed the map to stop it.

~ tona
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i appreciate you admitting you were on at the time Tona....i still believe that you were NOT the only admin on playing with an incog name....therefor you did what you felt was the best course of action, where as the other failed to act IMO.

you can close the thread ( any of the admins that is )
BROTHERS IN ARMS
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

tona,

Berlin is a bit unique as far as where to draw the line on main camping due to how the map is set up.
I honestly think you guys should draw a line in the sand to say "here is the threshold at which blue can be fired upon."
But, there were nades tossed into the main and blatant rule breaking going on. Good call on the map change.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

HairyRussianDude wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 7:39 pm tona,

Berlin is a bit unique as far as where to draw the line on main camping due to how the map is set up.
I honestly think you guys should draw a line in the sand to say "here is the threshold at which blue can be fired upon."
But, there were nades tossed into the main and blatant rule breaking going on. Good call on the map change.
It is a bit tricky on Conquest because of the proximity of the first control point being right outside the main, however, there were pks all out on main street firing in. I did as well, but that was only when the .50 cal was firing "out" of main. According to the rules, he is fair game. Spooky was firing out at times too with the sniper rifle.
But all of the nades being tossed and pks firing directly in is what prompted me to say something.
There was a really good battle going on for the first flag and that is where I chose to engage the enemy for the most part.
Also, blue was firing out of the building overlooking the first control point.
That is NOT main and I went in a few times to take that player out.
I don't believe the alley is actually considered main, but I didn't play that.

But again, I was in/out of the game multiple times.
Dem, if there was another admin in the game, I wasn't aware of it.

~ tona
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

Demonic wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:40 pm Were there any admins on during this ?....or any that are willing to accept failure on allowing Red to spawn camp blue for at least 10 minutes.....perhaps tomorrow i will post the little video snip that will show who was on red, and that ALL on red are guilty as fck for doing it...
To say that all players on the red team are to blame is a big generalization. Not everyone was attacking the blue base. I myself was close to Dirty Dianna (Tonawandares), just watching the events. I know the rules and I don't do that.

Particularly, due to this situation, I believe that the Berlin map should be modified, it should be like the Inshallah Valley map, in which the two bases could be captured, and at the beginning of the map, the two flags in the middle would be white. This could put the two teams on an equal footing, as the original Berlin map puts the blue team at a great disadvantage.

I take Demonic and say the following: you need to reconnect your chat in the game, because we were unable to talk to you.

Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

in the mass of confusion and carnage Cyber, it was impossible to determine who WASNT camping blue that night....if you were one who wasnt, then i retract my first assessment and thank you for not partaking in the BS rule breaking.

my suggestion with Berlin CTF, is just take it out of rotation...sadly....after ALL these years of the regulars who DID spawn camp, they still feel the need to act like little children when they think no admin are on, and act up...perhaps some are still a few pubes short of being an adult...i dont know lol

as for your request for me to interact in chat...my previous comment is the reason why i am ignoring ingame chat. i have a couple of people who have been on ignore both on this forum and ingame and after that night of base camping, i have added another to the list.

when i play on the server, i , as most of us, just want to unwind and enjoy them self with the handful of long time regulars who play with respect toward the rules and other players....not be dragged in to childish BS with the in game chat or have to tolerate rule breaking because the 'parents' ( admin ) arent on at the time.

if anyone reading this, was responsible for camping blues main...grow the fck up !! or go play on another server.....i wouldnt doubt that a few who did do it, were also the same people who cried about fluffy whooping their ass.....double standards !!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Cyberdemon
Brazil

Post by Cyberdemon »

Demonic wrote: April 25th, 2020, 8:35 am
my suggestion with Berlin CTF, is just take it out of rotation...sadly....after ALL these years of the regulars who DID spawn camp, they still feel the need to act like little children when they think no admin are on, and act up...perhaps some are still a few pubes short of being an adult...i dont know lol
Dear Demonic friend, one more small correction, the map on which this barbarity happened, was the Berlin conquest map, which I suggested a change, if possible, of course, I think that only Tona can say that. In the case of the Berlin CTF map, the bases can be attacked.

But I understand and imagine your anger and indignation at what happened. I would feel the same way.

Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
Brothers in Arms
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol...CQ is what i meant...coffee hadnt kicked in when i typed that lol ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

I like being camped, I take it as a challenge... would’ve been like come here ya red bastards... and then go end the map. Lol