Give me some feedback

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

MOJORyder
United States of America

Give me some feedback

Post by MOJORyder »

If you had a chance to ask Chrysler's Vice President - Regulatory Affairs and Product Strategy any questions you wanted, what would you ask him about the company, it's products and coming technologies?

Please, serious replies only.
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Soylent

Re: Give me some feedback

Post by Soylent »

What is this for? Report? Mock interview?
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Not so much either.. I am on an advisory board for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep... new tech, products, designs, etc and once a month we have a meeting with some of the big wigs and get to ask any questions we want (we don't always get an answer, but still).

Good sample questions (below are mine that I've already written up):

As car people, It would be interesting to hear if (any) vehicles will remain "pure" to enthusiasts after the Hybrid Jihad is over and done with... pure as in, a meaty rumbling V8, stick shifts (etc).

What future safety inovations can he hint at?

It was hinted at by Jim Press that the Dakota will taking on cues from the M80 concept truck. How so? Size? Looks? what can we learn?

What will Chrysler's answer to the Ford Transit be?

As someone who has French family...and I do alot of time in Europe (and plan in the near future to possibly be there 6 months out of the year), what will Chrysler have for me there? (Challenger, Dakota replacement, etc)

When will Dodge get a convertable and under what guise?

6.4L Hemi SRT8's...whats the news?

Street legal, "Body in white" challengers...aka: speed on the cheap: How bout it? So many American's would kill to have an affordable, albeit stripped down Challenger.. so how about some love? Not everyone can afford/justify a $600-$900 a month payment.

Any sneak peaks at the coming GC? 300? Charger?

Will you be using Fiat to help bring back cultist legend names like GLHS, Colt GTS Turbo.. or will these simply be geek wheels?

So just any types of question you may have for the auto industry, the more specific to Chrysler, obviously, the better.
Babies_Happen
United States of America

Post by Babies_Happen »

It's always interesting to ask where they see the company in like 25 or even 50 years. They either have an answer and a plan or they will choke and you know they know something you dont. I have a relative who was vice chairman and a divisional CEO at a company that was Forbe's "America's Most Innovative Company" for six consecutive years... When I did a middle school economics report on his company and asked him that question (50 years) he didnt really have an answer...
RoLnRoCk
United States of America

Post by RoLnRoCk »

i'd like to know about increasing fuel efficiency, alternative fuel options for vehicles, and varied methods of transport. gota keep up with the times or die off.....i love a good engine with lots of horsepower but foreign oil is killin' us, we have to move the majority of the new cars into future technologies.

and make the cupholders adjustable, i'm sick of jamming my large monster energy drink in just to have it fall over when i hit a bump. jeez.

chrysler kind of has an "old people" image too, like buick and cadillac, that needs to be revamped with some sort of new product line or something. jeep is doing fine by me, maybe get them to do a new version of the old scrambler, that was a fun little vehicle. i had an '87 wrangler for a few years, loved that thing but man was it ever a piece of crap mechanically. never heard anything bad about dodge, probably the coolest trucks out there, and good current marketing campaign, albeit slightly hickish.

haha, you're french.
Mordor
Canada

Post by Mordor »

Parlez vous francais !!!!
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Mordor,

Just what my wife calls me. CFreton du Merdes, Filles de Putte! salop..etc. ;)

RnR
hey hey, I'm Irish/German..wife is from France (came here in '99)..EASY! lol

The Fuel Efficiency has been answered already when we spoke with the VP, Jim Press... look for 125-150 miles on pure electric and 250-275 on gas...giving you about a total of 50MPG.

You might find it interasting also the Jeep Patriot Diesel got above 58 MPG in a recent test in Iceland.

Anyways, alternative fuels...well.. not sure what all can be said there.. the EV's Chrysler has coming out in 2010-2011 have independent wheel drive..an electric motor on each wheel hub. pretty trick..

anyways, I REALLY like the 50 yrs question and will be sure to present that on the 23rd. Smart guy you are (if not much of a pilot! lol)
Mordor
Canada

Post by Mordor »

[quote="MOJORyder"]Mordor,

Just what my wife calls me. CFreton du Merdes, Filles de Putte! salop..etc. ;)

lol, gotta love her !!
Soylent

Post by Soylent »

Are they working on a hydrogen cell car?

How do they plan to compete with car companies that are not unionized.

How will they compete with companies like BMW that offer great short leases with all maintenance covered?
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Since the ENVI (Chrysler Hybrid electric program) seems to be of interest.. here is where it is now. If you like, I can post pictures of the first 5 electrics Chrysler will be producing beginning 2010 model year:

A PERSONAL MOBILITY REVOLUTION
Introducing five distinct vehicle platforms with ENVI’s electric-vehicle technology from Chrysler LLC. We’ve been hard at work updating the three ENVI-powered Electric Vehicles (EV) you first saw in September 2008. Plus we’ve added two more exciting products to our production-intent lineup. ENVI’s electric-vehicle technology enables a new standard of quiet, smooth and efficient operation.

What That Means For You

No compromise on performance, agility, space and design
Instantaneous acceleration and responsiveness
Continuing to drive the way you drive today
Being environmentally responsible
Ability to own one of these electric vehicles as soon as 2010
At least three more models available by 2013
How It Works

ENVI’s all-electric EVs provide a 150- to 200-mile driving range on zero gasoline and no tailpipe emissions
ENVI’s Range-extended Electric Vehicles can travel 40 miles on battery power alone
The range extender is a small internal combustion engine and integrated generator that produces electricity that extends the range to 400 miles, using very little gasoline
Overnight charging with a standard 110-volt household outlet
Charging time is cut in half with 220-volt household appliance power outlet

OK so Soy asks about Hydrogen...

I believe, at this point, Hydrogen is a pipe dream. Aside from the infrastructure costs, the cost of producing it and the worlds inability to make enough hydrogen...
there are seemingly overlooked yet aggravating problems here.. for example, Hydrogen cars expell water from their exhaust pipes.. alot better than exhaust..but what happens in the winter when water freezes? Highways of Ice?

there are so many problems associated here..but that should give you an idea as to the mountain we have to climb there. However bud, like all the other questions to be posted here, I will present it, as posted by you, to the VP on the 23rd.