WWII Online

Talk about anything and everything in this section

NO SPAM/ADVERTISING PLEASE IN ANY FORUM

MOJORyder
United States of America

WWII Online

Post by MOJORyder »

Has anyone played WWII Online before?

I played it a few years back...and the graphics are still behind todays best, but it's still an interesting concept to me... MMOFPS based on WWII where each campaign lasts months and can be won by either side...

you actually need to train to use the planes for instance...it's more of a MMOFPS-Simulation type of thing.

The map I believe is 1/4 scale Europe, but accurate to 1939-45 Europe.

Anyways, they have a 2 week free trial on this..anyone want to give it a go with me?
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: WWII Online

Post by Swanny-CG »

It looks very interesting, but it looks like a LOT of the game is AI. I might check it out, but FFS it looks like a lot of time is involved.

I know I've mentioned this before but if you want reality, check out the BF2 mod called Project Reality.

It's not WWII, it's modern, but you can check out only a certain number of kits, you work in squads with VOIP, you can only fly if you check out a pilot kit or tank with an engineer kit, etc. It. Is. Awesome. The graphics are whoopass and it it does require a bit more horsepower, but I HIGHLY recommend it, as would Carnivore. We're only hanging around here because of the charming company. ;-)
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Im not so much the reality..BF DC is as real as I enjoy..but it's the perpetual state of gameplay..the moving lines..etc..that I think kicks ass.
Nightster

Post by Nightster »

How many people are playing at the same time ? and what happens when you die ? How is the gameplay, exp: in DC you advance for flag control... what do you do in this game ?
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

Nightster wrote:How many people are playing at the same time ? and what happens when you die ? How is the gameplay, exp: in DC you advance for flag control... what do you do in this game ?

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online.. Basically that means up to several thousand at a time...depends on the game.. but roughly 10,000 or so for WWIIOnline, 25K for SWG, 50K for WoW, etc.

What you die, your stats take a hit as does your advancement rankings. Goes on your "permanent records" type of deal.

Game play is just like the real WWII..the ultimat Push map...without being forced to push..sorta.
For instance..you can drop with a platoon (40 other players) behind enemy lines, take a control city to prevent the enemy from reinforcing just before the General orders an all out assualt on the main front lines (there is one Leader per team who dictates the flow of the war down to Generals> CO's?NCO's>Grunts.')

Basically you do in this game what you'd do in BF42...except you gain rank and you havre to actuallyearn things..like how to fly..it's not jump in and hit W.. it's set your trim, flaps, etc.. then fly to the mission your wing commander told you to go to (based on what his superior says is your objective...piloting cargo to shrilanka for instance...or dropping airborn troops into Normandy..) then as you learn how to fly, you progress to more and more aircraft of varying difficulty .
While you're learning all this..the war is going on..when you're not online, the war is going on, everything you do affects the outcome of the war...as does everything your team mates do.