Friends on same teams all time

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
COPSUNO
United States of America

Friends on same teams all time

Post by COPSUNO »

I do not know all the ins and outs of this server, but trying to learn. I have noticed lately that late in evening that several people always end up on same team when new game starts. I try to go with computer assignment in new games but the consistency of these same players on same teams defy logic. I do not mind my team losing, just want a fair shot during play. The teams I refer to have top players of 30-50 kills per game and if there are say 7 of them then the opposing team has a disadvantage. Please accept this as more of a question how this happens than a complaint, unless it is not supposed to happen. I do like this site and the game play,most of the time, although few things are questionable. :?:
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Friends on same teams all time

Post by Nightstalker »

First and foremost for many of you that are thinking OH Geez, Night put him up to this I did not. I have not played at all this past week and I can not tell you the last time I saw COPSUNO on so, all you nay say'rs can shove it LOLOLOL :D

But to answer your question as best I can, there is not any rhyme or reason to where the server puts you other than as you log on it does its best to keep the teams even, in terms of numbers that is. So the chances of them being on the same team *every* time is possible but not likely.

Now ... we have alot of people that have the understanding that they can switch to which ever side THEY choose at the beginning of the map. So they may have *their* reason which could be anything from, COPSUNO is playing on red and I like him so I am going to switch, to the Apache is on blue and I hate the Hind, maybe they like to snipe and blue has the 50 cals on this map and red does not, or it could be they do not like someone on the team the server put them on so they go to the other side.

I do as you said and let the server put me where it thinks best. More often then not it is right. Then if it sees the numbers are thrown off, it will move people around as they die.

Long in the short we have a rule against teamstacking and if they are switching sides and offsetting the teams, they are doing just that. IMO.

I do not know if this clears up your questions and I do not think anyone took nor will take your question as a complaint. ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Another novel brought to by "the Nightstalker" :oops:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Just wait till you get the email about the homebrewing :D
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
COPSUNO
United States of America

Post by COPSUNO »

Thanks again for honest answers. I appreciate it, no Nightstalker did not put me up to it. I kinda miss the days when we slugged it out on battle of Eastings. If you want to put that back in rotation, I am for it.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I love Eastings. I think that officially makes three of us (I'm speaking for Carni too).

When teams are that unbalanced, have you considered asking the server at large to mix things up a little to make the rounds more even? I realize Nightstalker might kick everyone since they're swapping around but I wonder if most in the community might see your logic and mix it up a little. Just a thought.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Swanny-CG wrote:I realize Nightstalker might kick everyone since they're swapping around but I wonder if most in the community might see your logic and mix it up a little. Just a thought.
LOL. IF everyone is used my logic and play where you are put from the beginning to the end, none of these problems would pop up. ;) But, and regretfully so, they do not and we have issues. So I have had no issues with people saying hey teams are off do you care if I got blue/red. Hell I have done the same when I see one side down. As long as its fair and fun I am cool with it. I understand everyone wants to be on my team but its just not possible, half of you are just gonna have to feel left out :P

On another note. Let me know and we can run Eastings. I enjoy it. I was actually starting to really enjoy it but I know many people did not so it was removed from the line up.