***FURY*** - glitching in walls, stacking & harrassing

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
fromage

***FURY*** - glitching in walls, stacking & harrassing

Post by fromage »

Server Rules
Postby LittleBigMan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:38 am

Most important rule: Do not attack uncapturable mains.

The unspoken rule is we expect respect for and from every player. Does this need to be explained? Abusive language, killing a teammate, wounding a teammate, spam messages--repeating the same message over and over, stealing a vehicle when someone is repairing it, "cutting into line" or taking a vehicle when someone is there waiting for it, running over a teammate's mine, using map exploits, joining the team that is winning--team stacking. This will be enforced, or, as has been said, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Reporting ***FURY*** as an abusive and harassing player. Pretty much ever since he logs in (almost every game), he does one of two things. Without any provocation or actual TKs, he goes on to harrass and becomes abusive with name calling and accusations of TKs when no such thing ever happened. When I call him out, he plays the victim and repeatedly continues saying it over and over, annoying others in the server. Every so often, he tries to create TKs by either running in front of vehicles or staying in the back of the spawn truck on Al Nas, until he dies. He's done this often enough that I know to stop the truck if I see him spawning in it or nearby. I normally shrug it off.

Tonight, on Al Nas, he got pretty belligerent to the point that IANYF had to kick us both. Numerous people had to tell him to stop ranting and noticed his strange behavior. I apologize in advance for the extra chat, however, I don't take kindly to being accused. I'll set him on ignore in the future and continue to take screens.

Next up, he was team stacking several times earlier in the day, on Gazala I believe. A bunch of us called him out on it.

Lastly, he started glitching in the walls on Al Nas. I couldn't get a good screen at the time since the ghost mode throws you straight up overhead and was blocked by the building rooftop. That's how far into the wall he was. I had to recreate a few images to demonstrate how he was hiding half his body in the wall so he could barely be seen while shooting out. Pretty effective as he did this a few times, different angles.

In most cases, when you're on a sidewalk and up against a building, you completely stick out. His cheating tonight was not the case. Half his body was hidden. When you turn a corner and can't see the guy until you're practically tripping over before he shoots you, I call this glitching.

Here's exactly where he was and what he was doing:
2013-12-29_230825.jpg
2013-12-29_230825a.jpg
2013-12-29_230918.jpg
2013-12-29_230936.jpg
2013-12-29_230959.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hav3n
United States of America

Re: ***FURY*** - glitching in walls, stacking & harrassing

Post by Hav3n »

FURY did admit to doing the wall thing. I'm curious what the admin opinion is on that as I know it is common when backing up into walls. It makes it almost impossible to see people unless you're meticulous about looking over an area of wall. I've been able to sit in red main on Al Nas laying against the wall and just shoot people because they basically can't see me in that position.

:18:
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

FWIW:

I was on during the Al Nasty rounds and I did see FURY and Cheesemaster exchanging some words. FURY was being called out as hiding in walls/glitching by Cheese and then also by a couple other players (who should also speak up). I personally did not witness FURY glitching (too busy helping Irish own his <CP> homies) but I did watch him (FURY) for a little bit w/no glitching....but he was not really playing either at that time.

I don't recall specifically what Cheese or FURY said but I do know that FURY seemed very defensive and he was obviously agitated so I told FURY to relax in chat. I cannot recall exact dialog but I thought FURY was going too far and getting a little too serious/upset and it was becoming a distraction.

After multiple people (not just <CP> dudes) started calling FURY out, I stopped paying attention to chat since it was somewhat obvious @ that point that there was an issue.

In the future, I will make a better effort to help verify or debunk glitching accusations when the accused is on my team since others seem to be unable to cap proper screen shots ;)

BTW: It is great to be playing w/you guys again.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

<3
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

Hav3n wrote:FURY did admit to doing the wall thing. I'm curious what the admin opinion is on that as I know it is common when backing up into walls. It makes it almost impossible to see people unless you're meticulous about looking over an area of wall. I've been able to sit in red main on Al Nas laying against the wall and just shoot people because they basically can't see me in that position.

:18:
If it wasn't for you and Crate's shotgun, I would be top 5 on Al Nasty more often than not.

<3
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

If you call that glitching, what do you think about this:

This is one of the favorite sniping spots a few like to use often on El Alamein. I have a few more when he was completely embedded into the mountain. I was going to bring that up for discussion some time ago.

As for stacking and verbally abusing others, we will deal with them as we see.
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

S.O.S. your image didn't post correctly or something.

I was also there for that round of Al Nas with FURY. While I didn't see anything (he was on the other team), FURY was definitely disruptive with his chat, falsely accusing Cheese of bullying him every time they are on together, etc. I've never seen Cheese harass FURY. Fury is always the one that starts the chat fighting. It would be nice if Fury got a ban, at least for a few days. He really needs to chill out.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

I find it interesting that in this quote you don't explain what prompted him to become "belligerent" in the first place. It was after you verbally attacked and blamed him for the opp stealing our flag. I don't know what he did or didn't do but his response to your assault was reasonable in my opinion. You shouldn't be surprised when people respond negatively to that kind of treatment.
fromage wrote:Tonight, on Al Nas, he got pretty belligerent to the point that IANYF had to kick us both. Numerous people had to tell him to stop ranting and noticed his strange behavior. I apologize in advance for the extra chat, however, I don't take kindly to being accused. I'll set him on ignore in the future and continue to take screens.
As to the other stuff you have accused him of, you've brought no evidence. Even the manufactured SS of his non-glitching. If he were doing all the things you're accusing him of to me, I would ask myself why...

I'd also like to leave an anecdote about Fury. I've played with him a lot and have never had a problem with him. As an example, earlier in the day on Wake Forest I think I killed him about 10 times in a row and he never complained, or switched sides to TK me, or accused me of cheating (Not even when I jumped up on the drums in front of the Med Station and filled him full of buckshot) which is more than I can say about some...

P.S. SOS you're awesome
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Thanks Payne.

Here's couple more SS:

It's at the very edge of the map. I'm sure some are knowingly go for that spot. Due to imperfection of the game, it's common that part of your body will be buried when lying against mountain, walls or other objects, but that was kind of extreme. And yes, the .50 Cal can still kill at that position. I'm open to discussions whether this should be ruled as a glitch.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

I would certainly hope for "glitching" to mean something other than the "prone and I backed into a wall" position. That's far too common, and works against you (feet sticking through other side of a wall) as often as it works for you.

To me the El Al sniping position on red main SOS showed a screen shot of is actual "glitching", since not only would it be near impossible to have done accidently (you have to know and seek out that specific spot), but it also creates near 100% concealment.

-Trench
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

I played some last night but I don't recall this glitch incident unless it occurred after I left. I am not taking sides but looking at the screenshots how can I tell that is Fury? Shouldn't the screenshot have his nick? In the past, we have ruled this as a glitch although in rare occasions it may be unintentional. But if the player is well aware of what he is doing, admins will give the boot or ban repetitive offenders.

About the insulting & harassing that went on last night, I am not sure how it all started but gave you both the boot 'cause it got out of control. Listen, Fury might have started it all and we will keep a close eye on him but... since I've been spending more time playing lately (only due to the holidays), I gotta tell ya... some of you CPs need to learn when to zip it. It is excessive at times and hell I am sure it gets to those with low tolerance levels. I am easy going and usually shrub off all the non-sense but if you expect admins to listen/read your complaints in-game in the mist of all this chatty dialog then you are all out of your mind.

I will monitor fury and your chatty behavior more closely.

Thanks

IANYF
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

blah blah blah........some of the rules...like driving over someones mines.....i didnt even know that to be true and when BM was bitching about it (people please stop with the grade school "tattle tail" sheet...........if it isnt disrupting or hurting...leave it be........the police dont have time to respond to u and ur wife bitching about what color the front door should be painted...lmao),

i even looked at the rules and still didnt catch it....

if I dont have a shotgun and someone mines all the ways out for vehicles then.... yes, u as the mine layer need to accept the tk....(oooooo u lose 2 pts...so what..lmao...why do people care so much)....or like i was doing....get out of the car and pretend ur bowling...truck takes out mines.

SOS that definitely is glitching,,,,,,,i saw someone doing that awhile ago and if it werent for tags I would never have found him,,,,,plus i saw a muzzle flash to know where to start lookin....

head out of a mountain or hanging out a half wall (urban siege) .....ok then,,,,

ty and have a great day.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

didnt log in...no see pics...

like trench said

legs into wall happens alot.....shoot the feet and they die...lmao.

Im sure he knew since he was into a corner...if not in corner looking down the side walk and then at the street one will have their legs on the side walk and then one will have them into the wall......etc.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

From what I gather, two mouths ( FURY and CHEESE) got together and talked, someone pissed the other one off, they argued, and got banned. I have been saying for a long time. Its the mouths that will get you in trouble.

Without a doubt, I would say SOS screenshots are a glitch. The person's body is completely gone in one of those shots.

FURY's, or should I say, CHEESE's screenshot, not so much a glitch. Its close but definitely not enough to out right ban someone like CP TESLA is wanting. I will say, I can see where it would cause some questions, so I would refrain from doing it and leave it at that.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Payne N. Daiz wrote:I find it interesting that in this quote you don't explain what prompted him to become "belligerent" in the first place. It was after you verbally attacked and blamed him for the opp stealing our flag. I don't know what he did or didn't do but his response to your assault was reasonable in my opinion. You shouldn't be surprised when people respond negatively to that kind of treatment.
Why? I'd like to know too. He does it in every game. Yesterday, during the game, a player by the name of "Lemmy" saw FURY's posts and said he knew FURY. He went so far as to say that it was some guy named Nick Fury, who is known to TK and lie. Admins have the log, if they're curious enough to check it. That seems to be the really interesting bit, don't you think? So much for that angel of a guy you describe. Now, if I accidentally TKd the guy in one of the many games we play on a near daily basis, and he's held a grudge, then I'd say it's his personal problem. Wouldn't you?

On the other hand, I called him out for his disruptive gameplay with specific facts (abusive language & accusations, stacking, glitching). What did he resort to? More abusive language and false accusations. Several people have already noted that here even if they didn't see what led up to it. When you have that many people noticing the badgering, then you have to ask yourself. Why?

However, for you to say his response of nonstop abusive accusations and childish name calling were reasonable (really??), then you really need a head check. You often seem to display the same behavior as FURY from time to time with the same belligerent attitude when people call you out. As such, I doubt you're a good judge of the situation and your anecdote doesn't exactly hold much weight.
As to the other stuff you have accused him of, you've brought no evidence. Even the manufactured SS of his non-glitching.

RE: Evidence of glitching.

**Reading comprehension alert** Go back and re-read my original post. Everything else is on the chat logs and the abusiveness is also verified here by multiple people.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:From what I gather, two mouths ( FURY and CHEESE) got together and talked, someone pissed the other one off, they argued, and got banned. I have been saying for a long time. Its the mouths that will get you in trouble.

Without a doubt, I would say SOS screenshots are a glitch. The person's body is completely gone in one of those shots.

FURY's, or should I say, CHEESE's screenshot, not so much a glitch. Its close but definitely not enough to out right ban someone like CP TESLA is wanting. I will say, I can see where it would cause some questions, so I would refrain from doing it and leave it at that.
FURY and Cheese. That sounds like a bad 70's cop show. I claim exclusive rights. I will just put the guy on ignore from now on. My fault for not doing that earlier.
fromage

Post by fromage »

I'm curious to know what you guys define as glitching and why. Is it used to avoid cheating radar whores or just to gain an advantage? Interesting feedback so far. Discuss.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Your response to Payne's comment is exactly why I say its quite plausible that either you or FURY could have instigated this verbal assault. It's the little jabs like ***reading comprehension alert*** that you may mean as a harmless little joke, but it really gets under some people's skin. I personally believe you mean it to sound as smartass as it sounds. I know that comment was not directed to me but in the same regard I do not believe Payne had any problem understanding your post. Myself on the other hand, I can see where some layman's terms may help :32:
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

ok I missed the part about you recreating the ss sorry about that. Bottom line, you both dont like each other and evidently you want him banned. I see no hard evidence to ban Fury so case closed.

About what constitutes glitching in this context? If more than half-body is hidden into a wall, box, etc then that is considered a glitch. AGAIN, if the player is a regular and is well aware of what he is doing then it is a ban.

IANYF
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

I'm often let down by my poor reading comprehension skills, so forgive me if I'm misinterpreting the important subtext of this thread. SOS has posted screenshots of Cheese "glitching" and his response is a justification?
fromage wrote:I'm curious to know what you guys define as glitching and why. Is it used to avoid cheating radar whores or just to gain an advantage? Interesting feedback so far. Discuss.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

NS,

Was just a kick to get their attention and not a ban :39:
Nightstalker wrote:From what I gather, two mouths ( FURY and CHEESE) got together and talked, someone pissed the other one off, they argued, and got banned. I have been saying for a long time. Its the mouths that will get you in trouble.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Whoops, my bad. ***Reading comprehension alert***

Pops, you are getting soft in your old age. :o
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

As I said earlier, the game has many imperfections. If a regular player knowingly take advantage of them, we would consider it a bannable offense, like IANYF pointed out.

Every kit, armor or plane has it's counterparts, so everything is balanced out. That's the beauty of the game. Avoid being detected by radar, which won't work by hiding inside the mountain, is one thing, can't be seen or killed at point blank is another. So the verdict is if anyone does the trick in my SS again, it will be a perm ban.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

SOS I would think you would agree, that spot, regardless of whether or not you can be seen with radar, that spot gives an unfair advantage due to a glitch in the game. For the shear fact you can not be seen with normal in game vision. Even if the radar put a dot on the mini map you would look for ever and never "see" you.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

OMG. You bunch of ball warmers. Your all like "I joined the Army, but its so stupid that I have to do what they say" Follow the rules or find somewhere else...like the Air Force. Beer and Nachos seem to fix all there problems.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

You are definitely correct NS. The only thing is that you can't stay completely inside for long at that spot. You will lose health as it's out off bound. But one can sure to hide temporally to avoid being seen/killed by helos or whatever coming for you. I didn't call it a glitch at the first place because the sniper has to at least stick his head out to stay alive and that's different from a wall hack we normally see.