***FURY*** - glitching in walls, stacking & harrassing

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
Hav3n
United States of America

Re: ***FURY*** - glitching in walls, stacking & harrassing

Post by Hav3n »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:t what constitutes glitching in this context? If more than half-body is hidden into a wall, box, etc then that is considered a glitch. AGAIN, if the player is a regular and is well aware of what he is doing then it is a ban.

IANYF
On this subject and others (i.e. Team Switching) can you at least reach out to me in game or PM or something. Or start with a 1 min kick to get my attention?

I'm honestly a little nervous I will do something that is off limits, not knowing it, and get banned. As much as I've played here, there are still things I'm learning.

I know I don't appreciate the challenge of being an admin, so thank you to you all that do administer the server. I know guys like me are a nuisance at times, but I appreciate the steady hand at the helm.

(most of the time - in my lucid moments) :)
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Hav3n,

I will do my best - but please understand that a ruling can be very subjective depending on many circumstances - the infamous grey area.

You asked why a 24hr-ban vs a 1 min kick? Lets review what really happened:

1) map rotation -> el Nas
2) my map-rotation time sucks so by the time I joined red had already captured a flag. I commented, "1-0 already?" Cheesemaster (aka Mr Modest) responds "thanks to me"
3) teams were stacked from the get-go: players that I recall were in red: yourself , cheesemaster, default, payne diaz...(need to say more?)
4) nobody in blue but supertesla complained about the stacked teams. He repeatedly asked for cheese and other CP players to switch to blue.
5) score was around 3-0 in red favor (obviously)
6) autoswitch kicks in and you get switched to blue
7) meanwhile, there I see the red flag a few feet from my reach and...
8) you switched back to red, spawned right behind me and as I am about to steal the flag...
9) you shot me on the back.

As a veteran player and under the above circumstances, the 24hr-ban was well deserved IMOHO. In contrast, I kicked JagdTurkey for team switching only for 1 min because teams skill level/score was balanced and the switch did not really have much of an impact but still he needed the reminder that switching is NOT allowed PERIOD.

Hope this clears things out.

Thanks

IANYF
fromage

Post by fromage »

Just to be clear, the comments for Payne were purely for him and not others. A snarky post received a snarky response in-kind. He got so excited too, but didn't get his candy. I suspect he won't be sending me a Christmas card next year....again. :(

Nighty, SOS, IANYF, Haven, etc. - Thanks for the discussion. I appreciate the feedback. As admins have suggested, just posting the facts as I saw it for awareness. I'll just set the offenders on ignore and raise the issue if/when appropriate should it continue.

IANYF, what can I say. I give credit where credit is due. ;) Kidding aside and in all fairness, Haven seemed to have committed a "crime of passion" in the moment. As you know, to get autoswitched after all your intense gameplay is annoying as hell. I'm sure you can understand why he'd be upset. I can also see why you were upset. I see the pros & cons of the switching system. It's not a perfect solution, but seems to be the lesser evil of the alternatives. Thanks for clarifying and I will just leave that between you.

Happy New Year all
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

fromage wrote:Just to be clear, the comments for Payne were purely for him and not others. A snarky post received a snarky response in-kind. He got so excited too, but didn't get his candy. I suspect he won't be sending me a Christmas card next year....again. :(
On they contrary, I consider this thread a New Years gift. I hope everyone reads it. It's very illuminating.

P.S. I think making snarky comments is your bailiwick, not mine.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Payne N. Daiz wrote:
fromage wrote:Just to be clear, the comments for Payne were purely for him and not others. A snarky post received a snarky response in-kind. He got so excited too, but didn't get his candy. I suspect he won't be sending me a Christmas card next year....again. :(
On they contrary, I consider this thread a New Years gift. I hope everyone reads it. It's very illuminating.

P.S. I think making snarky comments is your bailiwick, not mine.
re: bailiwick, au contraire, mon frere, it's reserved just for you and a very small list of supercilious frumps. As they say, it's a two way street. ;)

As for your NY gift:
1326943518189_1162504.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

ok
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

I was going to let this go because I thought It was a waste of my time...but here I am posting in this thread again.

I say so little in game or in here, that you must be physic if you have any idea w what kind of person I am. Personal attacks aside, your comment about a two way street may be the funniest thing I’ve seen you write.
fromage wrote:re: bailiwick, au contraire, mon frere, it's reserved just for you and a very small list of supercilious frumps. As they say, it's a two way street. ;)
Please enlighten everyone as to what I've done to you that deserves your one way street. I log in the server and play. I may not be BMOC but find someone that will claim I'm not I good teammate. I'm not perfect...I loose my cool and say things and do things I regret, but I must not be too disruptive because I don't have any "fans" following me around TKing me like you do.

Now that that's out of way, lets clear away some of the smoke. The only witness to any part of your original post is me. All any of your "witnesses" have done is verify there was a chat fight. I was on most of the afternoon as were You and Fury. I don't recall him saying anything until you jumped down his throat for "loosing the flag". I think this part of your original post is so disingenuous it could be called a lie...
fromage wrote:Tonight, on Al Nas, he got pretty belligerent to the point that IANYF had to kick us both. Numerous people had to tell him to stop ranting and noticed his strange behavior. I apologize in advance for the extra chat, however, I don't take kindly to being accused. I'll set him on ignore in the future and continue to take screens.
I think the most telling post is from your friend Super Tesla...
SuperTesla wrote:I was also there for that round of Al Nas with FURY. While I didn't see anything (he was on the other team), FURY was definitely disruptive with his chat, falsely accusing Cheese of bullying him every time they are on together, etc. I've never seen Cheese harass FURY. Fury is always the one that starts the chat fighting. It would be nice if Fury got a ban, at least for a few days. He really needs to chill out.
I think that among your many charming qualities is a bully. I think you want to drive anyone off the server that doesn't buy in. As evidenced by the thread about Black Mercenary and now this one about Fury.

Call me delusional, but I've had my taste of it too. After I outed you and Haven in this forum, you would tell anybody that would listen that I was a cheat (ironic considering the previous screenshots in this thread). It didn't stop until SOS told you to knock it off or bring it here...which you never did.

I'm going to post these SS's in all their 16x12 glory so you can see the contrast between what is being said about me and what the image shows. The following SS don't represent every encounter...only the ones I thought to document. Click on the images to enlarge.

Here's one instance...

Another....

And another...

More...

And finally...

Even if I'm delusional it needed to be said.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Payne - I'll keep this unfiltered and to the point. The images you post are all centralized around one thing. We suspected foul play and called it out. In fact, there are a lot of long time players (skilled players) who have actually voiced it in game. You may choose to recognize this or not, but others have been vocal and you've only painted a one sided picture. What you're not posting in these screens is your response and the responses of others to provide full context. You portray yourself as "victimized" and take issue with my post here, however, I bet if you posted your responses, they'd paint a different picture.

The truth of the matter is, we will never know because the game is old, PB is outdated and the fact is there are people who cheat. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, however, it's just more annoying in the moment. But...do you *really* want to know why I called it out? It was your first and successive responses to it thereafter and the tone. It was extremely dismissive and rude and that just ticked the red flag. Others noted the same thing. So there you have it. An action begets an equal, and opposite, reaction. Now, does the "two way street" comment ring heavy here? ;)

As Hav3n very succinctly put it once, I can be a polarizing character in the game. We're here to enjoy ourselves, as others do in their own way. Fair enough. That's certainly everyone's right. The very few people you reference, however, have displayed various forms of TKs, trolling, outright rudeness, arrogance, etc. As you've probably noticed by now, I don't let that slide. That too is why they stood out (for their own reasons) and I've called them out. There's no underlying motive and no agenda. There is no my-way-or-the-highway agenda. However, when others are condescending to us, try to control our gameplay, etc, we don't take kindly as I'm sure you apparently didn't.

The "two way street" is something to reflect on. No one is perfect (I know I'm not) and I don't expect anyone else to be. However, I do notice certain behaviors. If I see a pattern, then that is all I can base my reactions on. Pure and simple.

Ask yourself this other question. When I log in, what's the first thing I usually do? Let me help you with that. I greet people in a jovial manner, or, I might throw some off-the-wall humor to break things up. I don't use teamspeak, nor plan to (or should be force to), so my interaction is in chat. Apparently, you are not a big fan. So be it. I'll live. Place me on ignore. However, do you know why I get along with a vast majority of people on the server? Mutual respect.

The best thing about this server is the people. There are a bunch of hilariously funny guys who play extremely well, use teamwork and still manage to have a laugh. If you cracked a joke, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Let me state for the record that I'd probably buy you a beer if I ever met you in person and just have a laugh about this. That is all.
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

This isn't about me but I'll play along...
fromage wrote:Payne - I'll keep this unfiltered and to the point. The images you post are all centralized around one thing. We suspected foul play and called it out.
Who's is this we? All the pictures posted involve you in one way or another. Either accusing me directly or encouraging others. Mainly your sycophants...and you did notice the "clean" SS?
fromage wrote: In fact, there are a lot of long time players (skilled players) who have actually voiced it in game. You may choose to recognize this or not, but others have been vocal
A lot huh? No doubt there as some but the funny thing is there aren't any threads on here about me cheating and I've been playing here over 5 years so apparently enough people that matter think I'm clean.
fromage wrote:What you're not posting in these screens is your response and the responses of others to provide full context. You portray yourself as "victimized" and take issue with my post here, however, I bet if you posted your responses, they'd paint a different picture.
As in ignoring accusations? Guilty as charged. Being accused of cheating is like being asked if you beat your wife. So, I quit answering...
fromage wrote:"victimized"
Not quite. You've missed the point of the pictures. Maybe Intentionally? The point is that you and only you spent months telling anyone that would listen that I was a cheat. Without proof of course and not once did you bring it here...even after SOS told you to. And coincidentally this all happened after my thread about you and Haven. I do recall you trying to get someone else to start a thread though. I Also find it interesting that you gave up the crusade...I guess I'm saying I think your being disingenuous again.
fromage wrote:But...do you *really* want to know why I called it out? It was your first and successive responses to it thereafter and the tone. It was extremely dismissive and rude and that just ticked the red flag.
Translation...you didn't like that I didn't lick your boot when you accused me of cheating so you made it your mission to get me run off? Nice. And "called out" implies once. I would say it was more like perpetual character assassination...
fromage wrote:Others noted the same thing. So there you have it. An action begets an equal, and opposite, reaction. Now, does the "two way street" comment ring heavy here? ;)
Others huh? No it still doesn't make any sense. I hardly speak in game and I'm not disruptive. I think what you mean is that I don't LOL at your bad puns and your non sequiturs...
fromage wrote:As Hav3n very succinctly put it once, I can be a polarizing character in the game. We're here to enjoy ourselves, as others do in their own way. Fair enough. That's certainly everyone's right.
LOL
fromage wrote:The very few people you reference, however, have displayed various forms of TKs, trolling, outright rudeness, arrogance, etc.
Um, the people I reference are the ones you're trying to get banned. Anybody else ever have problems like you descibe with Fury or BM? How about me? Maybe they asked you to quit spamming globally?
fromage wrote:As you've probably noticed by now, I don't let that slide. That too is why they stood out (for their own reasons) and I've called them out. There's no underlying motive and no agenda. There is no my-way-or-the-highway agenda.
Really? I was just getting used to the idea that it was Cheese's World.
fromage wrote:However, when others are condescending to us, try to control our gameplay, etc, we don't take kindly as I'm sure you apparently didn't
Is that what happened when I objected to You and Haven wasting planes and globally spamming on El el?
fromage wrote: The "two way street" is something to reflect on. No one is perfect (I know I'm not) and I don't expect anyone else to be. However, I do notice certain behaviors. If I see a pattern, then that is all I can base my reactions on. Pure and simple.
OK...the key word here is reaction. The rest is meaningless...we all see behaviors and or patterns and react to them. How you react is what matters.
fromage wrote:Ask yourself this other question. When I log in, what's the first thing I usually do? Let me help you with that. I greet people in a jovial manner, or, I might throw some off-the-wall humor to break things up.
I've never been chatty, but I used to say hello but anymore I just assume everyone is hostile. So unless I'm spoken to directly I'm not going to talk. I do use game commands though. Ever noticed That?

This might be news to you but not everyone comes here to be the center of attention. Or to have faux online friendships...
fromage wrote:I don't use teamspeak, nor plan to (or should be force to), so my interaction is in chat.
I do find this curious. Someone that has verbal diarrhea as bad as you and does't wan't to be on teamspeak. There must be a story there.
fromage wrote:Place me on ignore.
You usually are...
fromage wrote:However, do you know why I get along with a vast majority of people on the server? Mutual respect.
Do you know why I get along with a vast majority of people on the server? Mutual respect. And being a good team mate. They may not think I'm whitty...or overly friendly, but I bet If we chose teams at the start of every round I would be picked early and often...assuming they were picking to win.
fromage wrote:The best thing about this server is the people.
No, the best thing about this server is the people running it. Everybody is taken at face value.
fromage wrote: If you cracked a joke, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
How do you now I'm not cracking jokes. There's so much chat spam anymore that any joke I made would be off the screen before anyone could see it. See a joke...
fromage wrote:Let me state for the record that I'd probably buy you a beer if I ever met you in person and just have a laugh about this. That is all.
Sorry mate I don't drink anymore. Why do think I play online video games? See another joke.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Wham...Blammo...Kaafuckingpow!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Sarge I was a nervous opening this thread up when I saw you had posted. My to my surprise, your post was NOTHING I thought it would be.

To Payne and Cheese, you can ignore each other here too. Just go to "User Control Panel - Friends and Foes - Manage Foes", then put the name of the soon to be ignored and you will not see their post any longer. Maybe then no one will be butthurt.

Payne, you are no comic. LOLOL ;) Stick with shooting people. Your best joke was the "Cheese World" All I could think of was Cheesy and the Brain in reference to the cartoon Pinky and the Brain. Funny thing is, their (Pinky and the Brain) plan is TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Nightstalker wrote:Sarge I was a nervous opening this thread up when I saw you had posted. My to my surprise, your post was NOTHING I thought it would be.
It looks as if I have to apologize to my fan base. 2014 came upon me by making me sick. I'm out of bed now. I just hate trying to text my with with a phone and is friggin auto correct. So just for Nighty, I'm dressed, in my man cave with the heater on and sniffing. One thing I have decided is to do a Woodland Camo scheme in my office with a thatched ceiling. Now to the point at hand...Nightstalker misses me. :34:

I went through many of the posts in the last couple of months when the little bitching increased, the he said she said stuff. In the past it was over and no hard feelings. Even Rally was back on the sever for a while. Just like old times. Just as long as the wanna be marine....blah, blah... :30:

To me (and I have had no problem so far) all the whinning has started when the <CP> tags started showing up. Then the warnings started flying about spamming, etc. My thoughts are there is some bad blood out there that either followed them to "our" site (yes I feel this damn thing is a part of me), (fags). I suggest that our creator Spec send them all the following message. A clean slate is given, bygones be bygones. Cease all hostilities and move on. Failure to do so will be removal from forums and possible banning up to and including the "Perma Ban". :17:
The last time I witnessed such behavior was about those cyclists and that diesel truck incident which I laughed thru, but some took it way too serious. As one of the old farts here just shut the fuck up for Christ sake, it a game with rules. Pretend its school. Be on your best behavior when your in our classroom!!

Spec, I suggest you put all the whiners names in pink until they grow up. If I ever see any of them in black I'll hunt you down and gut you like a fish! Your just a few hours south of me. ;)

We are all here because all the administrators care for all of us and try their best to keep this nut house running smoothly. They want to play the game too, instead of having to monitor you guys at all times. On a side note if you need part time help to monitor with just kicking power and some warnings I'll help out if needed. But my Green has to stay :D There have been many times I wish I could have type out the warning in many a game.

Lets move on gang.

Sarge Out.
Last edited by Sarge 1/68th Armor on January 8th, 2014, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

You have no idea how much this pains me to say, but that is a good post.

Oh geez, :31: ... I need a beer. :25:
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

8-) Hater :D

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I did not know it was that obvious.

Cheers btw, I knew you were missing one of these
IMG_20140108_192806_366.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Payne N. Daiz wrote:This isn't about me but I'll play along...
fromage wrote:Payne - I'll keep this unfiltered and to the point. The images you post are all centralized around one thing. We suspected foul play and called it out.
Who's is this we? All the pictures posted involve you in one way or another. Either accusing me directly or encouraging others. Mainly your sycophants...and you did notice the "clean" SS?
fromage wrote: In fact, there are a lot of long time players (skilled players) who have actually voiced it in game. You may choose to recognize this or not, but others have been vocal
A lot huh? No doubt there as some but the funny thing is there aren't any threads on here about me cheating and I've been playing here over 5 years so apparently enough people that matter think I'm clean.
fromage wrote:What you're not posting in these screens is your response and the responses of others to provide full context. You portray yourself as "victimized" and take issue with my post here, however, I bet if you posted your responses, they'd paint a different picture.
As in ignoring accusations? Guilty as charged. Being accused of cheating is like being asked if you beat your wife. So, I quit answering...
fromage wrote:"victimized"
Not quite. You've missed the point of the pictures. Maybe Intentionally? The point is that you and only you spent months telling anyone that would listen that I was a cheat. Without proof of course and not once did you bring it here...even after SOS told you to. And coincidentally this all happened after my thread about you and Haven. I do recall you trying to get someone else to start a thread though. I Also find it interesting that you gave up the crusade...I guess I'm saying I think your being disingenuous again.
fromage wrote:But...do you *really* want to know why I called it out? It was your first and successive responses to it thereafter and the tone. It was extremely dismissive and rude and that just ticked the red flag.
Translation...you didn't like that I didn't lick your boot when you accused me of cheating so you made it your mission to get me run off? Nice. And "called out" implies once. I would say it was more like perpetual character assassination...
fromage wrote:Others noted the same thing. So there you have it. An action begets an equal, and opposite, reaction. Now, does the "two way street" comment ring heavy here? ;)
Others huh? No it still doesn't make any sense. I hardly speak in game and I'm not disruptive. I think what you mean is that I don't LOL at your bad puns and your non sequiturs...
fromage wrote:As Hav3n very succinctly put it once, I can be a polarizing character in the game. We're here to enjoy ourselves, as others do in their own way. Fair enough. That's certainly everyone's right.
LOL
fromage wrote:The very few people you reference, however, have displayed various forms of TKs, trolling, outright rudeness, arrogance, etc.
Um, the people I reference are the ones you're trying to get banned. Anybody else ever have problems like you descibe with Fury or BM? How about me? Maybe they asked you to quit spamming globally?
fromage wrote:As you've probably noticed by now, I don't let that slide. That too is why they stood out (for their own reasons) and I've called them out. There's no underlying motive and no agenda. There is no my-way-or-the-highway agenda.
Really? I was just getting used to the idea that it was Cheese's World.
fromage wrote:However, when others are condescending to us, try to control our gameplay, etc, we don't take kindly as I'm sure you apparently didn't
Is that what happened when I objected to You and Haven wasting planes and globally spamming on El el?
fromage wrote: The "two way street" is something to reflect on. No one is perfect (I know I'm not) and I don't expect anyone else to be. However, I do notice certain behaviors. If I see a pattern, then that is all I can base my reactions on. Pure and simple.
OK...the key word here is reaction. The rest is meaningless...we all see behaviors and or patterns and react to them. How you react is what matters.
fromage wrote:Ask yourself this other question. When I log in, what's the first thing I usually do? Let me help you with that. I greet people in a jovial manner, or, I might throw some off-the-wall humor to break things up.
I've never been chatty, but I used to say hello but anymore I just assume everyone is hostile. So unless I'm spoken to directly I'm not going to talk. I do use game commands though. Ever noticed That?

This might be news to you but not everyone comes here to be the center of attention. Or to have faux online friendships...
fromage wrote:I don't use teamspeak, nor plan to (or should be force to), so my interaction is in chat.
I do find this curious. Someone that has verbal diarrhea as bad as you and does't wan't to be on teamspeak. There must be a story there.
fromage wrote:Place me on ignore.
You usually are...
fromage wrote:However, do you know why I get along with a vast majority of people on the server? Mutual respect.
Do you know why I get along with a vast majority of people on the server? Mutual respect. And being a good team mate. They may not think I'm whitty...or overly friendly, but I bet If we chose teams at the start of every round I would be picked early and often...assuming they were picking to win.
fromage wrote:The best thing about this server is the people.
No, the best thing about this server is the people running it. Everybody is taken at face value.
fromage wrote: If you cracked a joke, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
How do you now I'm not cracking jokes. There's so much chat spam anymore that any joke I made would be off the screen before anyone could see it. See a joke...
fromage wrote:Let me state for the record that I'd probably buy you a beer if I ever met you in person and just have a laugh about this. That is all.
Sorry mate I don't drink anymore. Why do think I play online video games? See another joke.
After I read the "I'll play along" line, you just caused a snooze-fest. Skimmed the rest and all it smacks of is the same boring condescension and holier than thou attitude. *yawn*

Your response are more telling about you than they are of me. Lots of projection. ;)

Sarge & Nighty have a good point. Move on with your life, play your own game and try not to tell us how to play ours.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Time to lock now?

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Sarge wrote:Time to lock now?
Sure, why not. Hand Nighty a Zima, he's probably writing his dissertation. :D
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Yes, lock it now...just don't delete it.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Just to clarify on one little comment here, and no I am not trying to get the last word, BUT, Sarge and Nighty's comments were not directed to JUST Payne as someone likes to think. The best part about this thread is how I have seen some people like to take the most important parts of these post and throw them out the window.

Let me be clear by saying when the rules were placed, they were not for just one, they were for the ENTIRE SERVER POPULATION. You can not pick the ones you like and abide by those and dismiss the rest.