Questionable player DABR.

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
=IAM= Allen

Questionable player DABR.

Post by =IAM= Allen »

I'm making this post for player IrishLincon as he felt that signing up wouldn't be worth it as he belived that the matter would not be looked into but since I already have signed up I told him I would for him.

IrishLincon is unhapply with DABR ability to kill with the Saiga 12 at extreme rage. Killing through objects like sandbags and kills through buildings. Know where players are at/hiding. Teleport across the map.

I have see this as well. I've been killed with Saiga 12 at extreme rage and kills through buildings at Lost Village and Basrah Nights. At Basrah Nights DABR racked up 103 kills *his points where the same* for 13 deaths in an hour. I once followed him a CTF Berlin. The guy dose not miss at all. 1 shot 1 with Saiga 12 at any range. His score to deaths at the end was just about the same as the Basrah Nights above. Nothing short of a grenade or C4 can kill him almost.

DABR extreme rage kills are not limted to the Saiga 12. Same seen with the MiG 29 and SU 25 You can take off and go hide in the corner of a map and you dead with in 2 mins. You never see him on the screen or hear his engines. You just blow the fark up and thats it. You don't see see or hear him in the death camera as well.
Last edited by =IAM= Allen on May 21st, 2014, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bRiNK
United States of America

Re: Questionable player DABA.

Post by bRiNK »

DABR is just a very skilled player. Here is a video of him playing LV with the shotgun. Hopefully this helps you see how he plays so well and is proof enough to show he doesn't cheat. He even gets accused in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTklPVVJBY

Here is a video of him dogfighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJNZD8vqHQc
Raptor22
United States of America

Re: Questionable player DABA.

Post by Raptor22 »

Hmmm..... last time I checked it was spelled "DABR" unless you pulled a Fred Flintstone on me.... YABA DABA DOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it." - Friedrich Oblessor

"It's the man, not the machine." - Chuck Yeager
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Questionable player DABR.

Post by Nightstalker »

Hmmmm
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
=IAM= Allen

Post by =IAM= Allen »

bRiNK:
Video taken on you end isn't vary helpfull. I know that there is one thing the can be exploted about the game that PB don't catch. It was talked about and shown on the old Desert Combat forms years ago.

Raptor22:
Fixed.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

How is it not helpful? First person perspective should be the most aiding material.
=IAM= Allen

Post by =IAM= Allen »

No because my know exploit is not see by any one but the person using it. Nightstalker PMed me and I told him how it works.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

I made a similar post months ago.

http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... =62&t=4848

I ended up befriending DABR and just going with it. He offered to teach me and has spent some time with me dogfighting. He really is just that good. He actually uses real dogfighting tactics and physics like a real fighter pilot, insomuch as the game's arcade style play allows.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

you are not allowed to be good in this game, havent you all figured that out yet?!

lag, high ping, slow computer and shit ISP can cause all kinds of issues and make it seem like someone is doing off the wall stuff.
ive played against him myself and have never thought he was cheating.

the youtube vids show his tactics both on the ground and in the air.....so, how many watched the video and counted the times he missed his shots?!

perhaps you couldnt hear his engines, Allen, coz they were slightly deafened from excessive carbombings :D ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
fromage

Post by fromage »

What I see as questionable, is this:
One shot headshot kills, with a shotty, at great distance, with full health. I've seen this happen way too often, over many games and different days. The frequency of that is just too suspect. That's what really stands out to me.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

It's not suspect. It's just you not understanding the capabilities of certain aspects in the game. You can say you've been playing this game for years, and that may be true, but it is not indicative of how well you truly know the game.

Why don't you guys that are having so many problems with DABR submit some footage these accusations? I'm sure whatever you're experiencing is well within the realm of possibility in this game.
Raptor22
United States of America

Post by Raptor22 »

bRiNK wrote:It's not suspect. It's just you not understanding the capabilities of certain aspects in the game. You can say you've been playing this game for years, and that may be true, but it is not indicative of how well you truly know the game.
Well I was about to bring up something similar but you got the ball 8-)
"The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it." - Friedrich Oblessor

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

One thing I never understood - if you're as good as all that, why play such an old game instead of moving on to newer games with more challenge? Also, why play here? It would be like someone from the NBA coming to the local park just to dunk on guys from the neighborhood. It's never made sense to me.

I don't know if this is some attempt at trolling folks or what, I've never understood it.
Raptor22
United States of America

Post by Raptor22 »

Swanny-CG wrote:One thing I never understood - if you're as good as all that, why play such an old game instead of moving on to newer games with more challenge? Also, why play here? It would be like someone from the NBA coming to the local park just to dunk on guys from the neighborhood. It's never made sense to me.

I don't know if this is some attempt at trolling folks or what, I've never understood it.
FYI, 1942/DC is one of those "take a break" games for me. The only reason I still get on is because it's one of the only FPS games I've played competitively in the past... nostalgic if you ask me. The only reason I call it a "break" is because most of the other stuff I play takes months for the average individual to pickup on... just saying.

If you guys do not like the fact that somebody on the server is of higher skill, just say so. I'll leave you guys alone... there's many more things to do in my life, countless other hobbies etc. if that happens to be the case, it's been a fun ride!!

Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

No! Don't go. We need the destroying angel among us to purify our disbelief.
fromage wrote:What I see as questionable, is this:
One shot headshot kills, with a shotty, at great distance, with full health. I've seen this happen way too often, over many games and different days. The frequency of that is just too suspect. That's what really stands out to me.
So - I'm fond of the shotguns on both red and blue. I have taken shots from distance that blow me away when I get a kill. I'm almost embarrassed its such a simple kill, with a single shot, from like 40 yards...its like a piece of buckshot hit their head or something. I can't explain it, I don't know why it happens sometimes, but it does. I've gotten those kills. I can't duplicate it every time, but its not an anomaly.

But DABR's skill isn't just weapons, he is psychologically tuned in. It's like he is a card counter at blackjack...but is playing DC. He just knows what people are likely to do and exploits it.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

It's like....DABR is like Default, except even better. (no offense Default, hehe)

I've found that Default is a better infantry player than me. He simply knows how to anticipate where to be at the right location and when. He gets the jump on me. My brain hasn't caught up to where his brain is....but, sometimes, it does and I know his patterns. I know what he is doing and the rhythm he is playing with...and I get the jump on him. This is a triumph for me...this is why I play the game...and why I love multiplayer. I hate playing single player games, you either can beat the computer, or you can't, and its very sterile. Multiplayer is HUMAN and unpredictable and predictable and exciting and revenge filled and everything. I hate bots.

Maybe that is why people struggle with DABR. He is like a bot set to a level you can't beat. He just always gets me. He is like 3 moves ahead of me in the chess game. Default, maybe 1 move, and often I can pull even and can get him (woohoo!), but DABR, no. I just have to get lucky. Hence his 10:1 ratio most games. The dude is just wired to destroy casual gamers.

(DABR, send the $ you promised for this post to foofybomboms@paypal.com)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I have a question. This is for both Brink and DABR. I have asked this before, can you show me how to do what you do?

Brink you know we tried to duplicate the shotgun kill while both parties were sitting still. Every time we were unsuccessful. Now I find it hard to believe that it is easier to get said shotgun kill when both the shooter and the target are moving. Now in your case, and apparently DABR's case, who btw, I used to handle just fine (on the ground game) is now at a level that again, can not be duplicated while in a controlled environment.

So if you want people to shut up, I propose you help us slow brained, phalangic'ly :23: challenged folk.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i used to play against guys in a clan that were killer with the shotgun (mainly the one on red team)...similar situation here, although i will go as far as saying these guys were far better than DABR........sure its annoying as hell getting your ass handed to you (as mine still does now) but there are always ways to deal with it.

ive mentioned before, that because the DC community is quickly getting smaller, there will be players we come across that are of higher skill level, that take the fun away.
so i really only see 2 options....bitch, cry and complain....or watch, learn and take notes.

either way it goes, i just enjoy DC for casual fun, regardless of whether im getting an ass whoopin or be lucky enough to get a good score.
regardless, i dont back away from a challenge :D :D :25: :25:
BROTHERS IN ARMS
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

damn mad haxorz....lol
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Demonic wrote:i really only see 2 options....bitch, cry and complain....or watch, learn and take notes.
What's the proposal for identifying and dealing with those who aren't sportsmen, and actually are using the computer instead of their own skill? Without someone at Evenbalance moving the goal posts every few months so that old hacks don't continue to work, what should be done to identify and free the community of someone who is just here trolling with their computer instead of playing?

-Trench
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

im not sure why you asked those questions, when you are one of many admins...which i am sure you guys have other means of figuring out a potential hacker if nothing shows up in a screenshot....or if that doesnt work, im sure there are back up plans/methods to have the unwanted removed.....

im not afraid of getting my ass kicked in this game, by better players...happens all the time on this server....if i WAS afraid, then i would just play against the bots.... :?
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

not gonna defend either since i really can't say for sure.

a few things i do know, and i'm hardly a decent player:

- the saiga has a ridiculous range. i suck and i've still managed to kill dudes way out of range of a normal shotgun.

- good players know how to anticipate where people will be. i know i play predictable as f*ck and guys like default and barrel roll just know what's up. the only time i'm ever able to evade is when i break out of my regimen and do weird things.

- exceptional players know how to exploit the views. i was watching that dogfight and it reminded me of alacard from 42, anyone remember him? there's this insane "tutorial" video he posted on youtube a few years ago that illustrated how he'd pick and destroy his targets, and the dude just does some crazy computing in his brain and coupled with insanely fast reflexes he's able to dominate an entire map by himself with just one plane.

if i even attempted to keep switching views like these dudes do, i'd probably smack into the ground. i get disoriented even watching these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH0weKtXhHE
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote: Brink you know we tried to duplicate the shotgun kill while both parties were sitting still. Every time we were unsuccessful. Now I find it hard to believe that it is easier to get said shotgun kill when both the shooter and the target are moving. Now in your case, and apparently DABR's case, who btw, I used to handle just fine (on the ground game) is now at a level that again, can not be duplicated while in a controlled environment.

So if you want people to shut up, I propose you help us slow brained, phalangic'ly :23: challenged folk.
Nail. Head. BAM.
Raptor22
United States of America

Post by Raptor22 »

Like I've said many times in the past... I don't object to showing you guys stuff... and I'm on your TS quite a few times when in game.

As for the Saiga long range one shot kill at full health, that's a little exaggerated. I'd say 1/100 times I can get a kill like that, but most of the time it takes at least 2-3 shots, sometimes the game, computers, ISP lag can make it seem like it was a one hit kill. It's happened to me multiple times as well except it was a one hit kill by a CAR-15 etc.

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Raptor22 wrote:......I'd say 1/100 times I can get a kill like that, but most of the time it takes at least 2-3 shots........

The other 99 times out of 100, Brink is playing on your hash :o :?