i been kicked by player

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
Logic

i been kicked by player

Post by Logic »

i was playing basrad edge and was being shot out of blue main,i know the rules and been playing this game to know better but i threw 2 nades into base near the person shooting . the heli was near the person near the person i was going for the heli flipped and there were also killed. not even a explaination player (AKA default) kicks me .... admins like this get a hair in the butt and with out a hey Logic why are you nading base ? or a 1 minute kick ? cmon we are trying to keep these servers filled and with admins like this guy just ban's me . raw mo-fo and atf ewing were there and also saw that and said i was allowed to do what i did i asked them in team speak if player will allow me back in and his asnwer is NO. what ever happened to the 1 minute kick ? what ever happen to admin asking why i did it with out explaination ? not sure if the ban was one day or what but i feel i was totally not given a chance to explain or admin doing what there suppose to do in a incident like that .not sure if i put this in the wrong topic but can some one please see what players intentions. is he a new admin as most will warn about a simple reaction to be shot out of main. Logic
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: i been kicked by player

Post by S.O.S »

I've stated quite a few times in my previous posts that I will NOT give warnings to any regular players commit rule violations before kick or ban. If the infraction resulted killing of an admin, you get a mandatory 3-day ban. No questions asked. I'm well aware the need to keep our server populated but enforcing the rules so most people will have a good time here is also my priority as an admin.

For this particular incident, your nades into blue's main killed me and two other players. I don't recall seeing/hearing anyone firing near me. It looked like a typical camping to me hence the 3-day ban. If anyone can support your claim that you were trying to kill the person shooting at you, I'll let you out of the ban earlier. Please keep in mind, although we allow return fire into uncap mains, your fire should be directed at the shooter. Using grenades or SCUD is a bad idea as it will almost certain to cause collateral damages.

SOS
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

:8:

The server is in the best of hands...
Logic

Post by Logic »

As stated before the two players in my first statement were on team speak and were there to witness my actions and based were my only alternative due to gun was out of bullets , so out of reaction this was my counter strike in this situation . Nades may have not been the right solution here but I would have liked just a simple kick or even a question to me before a 3 day ban ?? Most admins would have asked before a ban like this . Take lolololololol for instant as he is always driving over people in this map in blue and never gets a kick when I have seen admins on ?? Doesn't make sense to me .... But again my frustration is the ban on me for this should have not been so harsh .
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Many of my objections in the past on these boards had more to do with a lack of communication than with the ban itself. There was almost zero interest in instructing me as to the rules, or the reason, or whatever. Just cold hard algorithmic enforcement, especially if something I did affected an admin.

I fundamentally do not understand the desire to hold the position of an admin on a game like this without a willingness to engage the regular players and come to understand what is going on in their heads if they do something boneheaded.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lmao...haven't played DC in months, but still the same old drama.....i guess admins are still required to hold the hands of regular players who still don't understand right from wrong.

this is one of the reasons i stopped playing DC on and off over the years....... some just like to complicate shit and make it harder on admins, than it needs to be......

(i havent given 2 thoughts of playing DC again...having to much fun without this kinda BS :D :D :D )
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Logic wrote:... i know the rules and been playing this game to know better but i threw 2 nades into base near the person shooting
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Omg. He's still alive! Hi ya homo!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

You can still ban someone after you talk to them.

You cannot talk to them after you ban them.

#letmehelpyouwithlogic (zing!)
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

3-day vacation for a regular that threw nade(s) into a main that killed mult players without an explanation seems reasonable. I think he should get another day for the BS story...

#learntopickyourbattles

\m/@_@\m/ SOS and all the other admins...

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hav3n wrote:You can still ban someone after you talk to them.

You cannot talk to them after you ban them.

#letmehelpyouwithlogic (zing!)

Makes sense because we have never been able to talk to you *after* a ban. ....

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17&p=29#p29

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1068&p=9429#p9429

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4653&p=34225#p34225

:o ;)
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Nightstalker wrote:
Makes sense because we have never been able to talk to you *after* a ban. ....

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17&p=29#p29

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1068&p=9429#p9429

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4653&p=34225#p34225

:o ;)
In order, here are portions of my comments from my first post in each of those threads.
...but a warning would be cool...
I kept asking [the admin] for clarification [on the point]. He never seemed to respond.
What were you banned for: IDK
From that last one, it was all from that big hulabaloo where Payne was annoyed by how Cheese and I were playing. From his thread he posted, here is my comment:
Payne, next time, talk to Cheese and I in game. We're chill and don't impede gameplay by others. You didn't talk to us and I think let this balloon into perceived affronts.
Noticing a trend...?

Because all my thoughts are encapsulated in my post above, I quote it again.
Many of my objections in the past on these boards had more to do with a lack of communication than with the ban itself. There was almost zero interest in instructing me as to the rules, or the reason, or whatever. Just cold hard algorithmic enforcement, especially if something I did affected an admin.

I fundamentally do not understand the desire to hold the position of an admin on a game like this without a willingness to engage the regular players and come to understand what is going on in their heads if they do something boneheaded.
Did Logic throw nades into an uncap and kill some people? Yes.
Against the rules? Yes.

But why is the fact finding occurring days later on a message board instead of Default just doing his job in game and saving himself time, and Logic and everyone else uncomfortable with the "ban first, ask later" admin philosophy?

BTW, good to see ya Nighty. :D
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

The voice over = Admin

Children ....well......

BROTHERS IN ARMS
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

phpBB [video]
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

'This post was made by Hav3n who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.'

I love this option for this forum :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admins do an awesome job here and always have..it is disturbing that some who have had multiple chances in this community, continue to try and rock the boat....( they will never learn i guess )
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Good to see you too. LOLOL

It has always been my stance, and SOS obviously, that you guys (regs) get no warning because we trust you to play right and help watch the server if we are away. I have felt at times it was justified to ban a person on a regular players comments. If I am going to trust a regular players enough to ban someone and then have to explain the who, what, when, where's and why's when the presumed jerk player comes here for a repeal, I have no remorse sending the trusted regular to timeout land when he/she breaks any trust(rule) Logic broke a VERY simple rule. He knew it. I do not see any problem here.

Oh, and you(Haven) fall under the same category as does most if not all here. Regulars ;)
/Soapbox
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Very well. I think I prefer a lighter touch at a first infraction but its not my server.

I shall carry on.