Solo

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
Thonger

Solo

Post by Thonger »

He probably plays under many names.

Anyway this guy was teamwounding (when I was right next to the enemy he'd shoot both of us) for the entire map on Stalingrad. During this time I was asking Solo to stop, and IANYF to warn him. Then Solo stacks to red when it is obvious that there's more players on red, and when I start throwing a hiss fit then IANYF finally warns him, but even after the warning, even after red is still stacked against blue, somehow he gets to stay on red.

Seriously guys? This guy should've been warned and kicked within the first 15 minutes of this game. Not after 40 min has passed and he keeps doing it. Over, and over, and over.

I realize admin want to just play the game sometimes, and admining is a pain. I was an admin for 3 years with ATF. I know the drill, but in accepting the admin title that means sometimes you have to put the server's needs ahead of your own.

I've been on this server forever. And I think you as well as I know I don't get so angry about players enough to complain about them on the forum. This takes the cake though. And I'm not too happy at the way it wasn't dealt with.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Solo

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Thonger wrote:He probably plays under many names.
And so do you "Viet_THONG", "Buya", "Hairleless Hamster" (nick you had when this incident happened) and the list goes on and on... so I am not sure how relevant this is.
Thonger wrote:.

Anyway this guy was teamwounding (when I was right next to the enemy he'd shoot both of us) for the entire map on Stalingrad.
"entire map" - That's a stretch.
Thonger wrote:During this time I was asking Solo to stop, and IANYF to warn him. Then Solo stacks to red when it is obvious that there's more players on red, and when I start throwing a hiss fit then IANYF finally warns him, but even after the warning, even after red is still stacked against blue, somehow he gets to stay on red.
Not true. He was warned at least 2 times before he switched. One via the console and another in CAPS to get his attention. At the same time I was getting reports that another player in your team was glitching/hacking. I was also suspecting that. There were a few AFK reds and I kicked one - then I noticed Solo switched to reds and I did not do anything because the teams were balanced anyway.
Thonger wrote: Seriously guys? This guy should've been warned and kicked within the first 15 minutes of this game. Not after 40 min has passed and he keeps doing it. Over, and over, and over.
I am not going to kick a player because another says so. Admins need evidence. Maybe I should have switched to blue sooner to verify if that was indeed happening. Doubt that he would have continued wounding you anyway resulting in no evidence to warrant a kick. I used to honor regular player kick requests but lately due to certain unwelcome players portraying themselves as others I am cautious about honoring such requests. In fact, I believe you were on the receiving end. See this.
Thonger wrote: I realize admin want to just play the game sometimes, and admining is a pain. I was an admin for 3 years with ATF. I know the drill, but in accepting the admin title that means sometimes you have to put the server's needs ahead of your own.
Agreed. Are you saying that I dont because I did not cater to your request?
Thonger wrote: I've been on this server forever. And I think you as well as I know I don't get so angry about players enough to complain about them on the forum. This takes the cake though. And I'm not too happy at the way it wasn't dealt with.

Nope, I dont know that. Anyway, we will keep a close eye on Solo.
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

<Insert Missing Sentence Here because IANYF accidently deleted it>
HH: father?
IANYF: ?
HH: can you warn solo for tking and teamwounding?

so on wake, solo proceeds to tk me again. this time default chimes in, saying it was accidental.

and then he tk's me again on LV. by LV i'm pretty pissed off that he's TKing with multiple admin on the server, so i shoot him in retaliation. he replies "PTK" and i reply "bring it on fucker", at which point, Pinny kicks me for language.
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

eh? what's going on here? my reply has been deleted and IANYF's head has sprouted on my body...
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

That's my fault. I must have clicked edit instead of reply/quote.

I'll try to rollback your original post later on tonight.

Sorry about that.

IANYF
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Thonger wrote: HH: father?
I remember and did issue the warning. After I continued seeing your complaints I typed "SOLO STOP". And I think that got his attention.
Thonger wrote: so on wake, solo proceeds to tk me again. this time default chimes in, saying it was accidental.
I cannot comment on this as I did not witness it. Apparently SOS did and he called it an accidental tk.
Thonger wrote: and then he tk's me again on LV. by LV i'm pretty pissed off that he's TKing with multiple admin on the server, so i shoot him in retaliation. he replies "PTK" and i reply "bring it on fucker", at which point, Pinny kicks me for language.
I wasnt on LV. In fact, I left soon after Wake started.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Thonger wrote:eh? what's going on here? my reply has been deleted and IANYF's head has sprouted on my body...
Thong,

Apologies, but could not restore your entire post. I think the only missing part was the 1st sentence which was an intro to your quote,
HH: father?
Feel free to repost that portion if you like - sorry again for the mishap.

IANYF
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

Nah just thought it was funny. I'm kinda over the whole thing and done whinging about it. Thanks for your efforts in keeping the server a fun place to be. See you in game.