H1N1 (or whatever the f*ck it was)

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
Nuno
Portugal

H1N1 (or whatever the f*ck it was)

Post by Nuno »

This idiot was placing C4 all around the red main all throughout the game, in Berlin. People ended up leaving, including myself. Lethal Beard will probably be a good witness. This happened around 4h25 am (GMT).
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: H1N1 (or whatever the f*ck it was)

Post by Trench »

Thanks Nuno. Looking at his responses in the log, it looks like he's just been misinformed regarding the C4 rule on CTF. (And even worse, is thinking Mali is a good source of information, or even an admin.) I didn't get a chance to play today, but we'll be sure and clarify with him next time we're on.

Feel free to point him toward this thread before then, too. As shown in the DC Server Rules:
DC Server Rules wrote:
  • Can we C4 the main flag (the one the enemy is trying to steal from your team) in CTF mode?
    No. If you have planted C4 in the vicinity of the main flag your team is defending, you will be warned or kicked for disruptive play. If you have any doubt whether you will be considered to have C4’d the main flag, DON’T DO IT and use mines instead.

“In the vicinity” does not mean “just at the base of the flag.” It means anywhere within the blast radius of the main flag, and in most cases, even if you’re in SIGHT of the main flag. The affected area will differ for each map, but for example on Al Nas no C4 will be allowed inside the concrete barriers for Allied, and no C4 will be allowed inside the main gate for Axis. On Al Khafji Docks, no C4 is allowed anywhere inside the warehouses. On Lost Village, no C4 is allowed anywhere inside the sandbags.

It is still legal to "toss" C4 to kill the enemy while defending your main flag. You just must detonate the C4 immediately and without delay, else it will be considered that you "planted" C4 and waited for the enemy.
-Trench
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

hi trench
i told him to put c4 outside of wall
and i didnt tell i was an admin
Silent Assassin
Nuno
Portugal

Post by Nuno »

Thanks Trench! I'm actually reading the forum because all 12 or so people playing Al Nas a few minutes ago were kicked (the command was ban...). Reyalp seemed to be doing it but then he was kicked (or left) too... Weirdest thing I've seen since I've started playing the game.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Nuno wrote:...all 12 or so people playing Al Nas a few minutes ago were kicked (the command was ban...). Reyalp seemed to be doing it but then he was kicked (or left) too...
That was just Luna connecting and exploiting an admin vulnerability that existed in our server configuration. We closed that issue, and he was unable to continue exploiting admin the next time he connected.

-Trench