Luna/Lucid/Vibe just crashed the server over 9 times!

If you want to report a player, this is the place to do so.
zanshin1

Re: Luna/Lucid/Vibe just crashed the server over 9 times!

Post by zanshin1 »

is luna ..Flea?

60 ping, so is he in the states then?
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I'd buy that for a dollah!
Nuno
Portugal

Post by Nuno »

Still happening tonight.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Yep 5 times tonight.
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

how can somebody do this to a nice server with nice people, whats the point of cheating? I am personally a mediocre player, don''t care about scores that much, just come to have fun with nice people. I really hope this guy will stop disrupting the game and just come to play and be one of us. Please Luna don't fuck things up, if you don't care about the game let other enjoy it, come back when you are ready to play fair like everyone else.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Sanchez +1
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Please continue to patron this excellent server. Don't let one troll ruin your fun and ours.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Just crashed again.
CrispyCrisp

Post by CrispyCrisp »

Luna now playing as El Culo. After he got kicked 3 times, he started crashing the server again...
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

:twisted: So frustrating.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

Over the last ten minutes, the server has crashed 3 times (maybe 4). No doubt this number will increase since Luna is a lunatic. Is there scope for the admins to take this issue to the authorities? Find out his isp? Surely he is most likely in breach of their rules? Does this come under any computer crime laws? Can we lodge a complaint with the FBI?
digre05
Argentina

Post by digre05 »

can do something about this lifeless moron? talk to other servers admins see if they have this duch disturbing em too?
gametracker profile: pablo2506
nicks: el che / machete / Wakko
clan: [WW] at battlefield argentina
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

digre05 wrote:can do something about this lifeless moron? talk to other servers admins see if they have this duch disturbing em too?
Good point. Moongamers is one. Those admin are good too. They might be unaware.
digre05
Argentina

Post by digre05 »

Posi is good, the rest i doubt and don't know, long time no playing there.
gametracker profile: pablo2506
nicks: el che / machete / Wakko
clan: [WW] at battlefield argentina
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

So far its crashed about 8-10 times tonight.
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

21 PPL having fun on Lost Village CTF. A certain player comes on. Swears. Server auto tells him to keep his language clean. Server crashes .......

20 good people having fun, have it ruined.
Lin

Post by Lin »

JagdTurkey wrote:I would like to add that we went over to Moongamers tonight and were met by luna. When we called out luna for his shit we were removed from Moongamers. Now if the admins over at Moongamers have some kind of thing with him where he f*cks with us in return for some kind of bassackwards promotion for moongamers, we have a serious problem here. If he would like to stay and play at moongamers, that is totally fine with me. When he shows up at this server AND TEAMSPEAK with the sole purpose of causing problems, we must deal with it in the most severe way that we can. Telling him to leave on TS has resulted in ,"I am just doing what you are doing." If we can share our complaints with Moongamers admins maybe we can get some ground on this problem that is so unnecessary. Why should we have to deal with some f*ckhead whose sole purpose is to ruin our gaming experience? Why should he be welcome by our brother 1942 servers?
Jagd
We at MoonGamers have been helping other communities, including this one, for years. We have never retaliated against any other server when players loyal to another community would come over and crash us simply because we have more players. Accusing us of collusion is unjust and unfounded. Coming over to our server to disrupt it because of your experiences here was not fair to our players. A player named Luna was in at the time; he was not scoring overly much and not disrupting the server...you were, and you did not show any respect or respond to our multiple requests to stop. You kept coming back in after kicks to continue to disrupt our server, thus you were the one removed.

Nobody contacted me to attend your TS meeting this evening in our server. Trench sounds like your person who has some reasoning and maturity, I will speak with him if requested.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

Hi Lin
Thanks for coming into our chat room....I tried speaking to some admins on Saturday night and tried to explain what is happening here i didnt know whom to speak too, I am sorry if there is spill over into your server I will try and let guys know that we/I have a great deal of respect for Moongamers and admins there. I think some players just want to be heard and it maybe the only way that they can communicate to whom they think is the player responsible unfortunately it might not even be, I would appreciate your patience Lin and please dont take any banter personally we have a great group of regular players that defend our server sometimes too enthusiastically but I am proud to be part of this group of guys, i also feel that these currant shenanigans if anything is bringing us as a community closer with more respect between admins and players and i hope it continues until we get this issues resolved.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Players coming on to the forum and posting over and over about this situation isn't resolving anything.
We get it. The server is being purposely crashed.
We get it. Game play is being interrupted.
We get it. We know who's doing it.
Let the admins attempt to deal with it.
~tona
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

One of the reason this forum exist for admins and players to communicate about issues that affect them, so people have the right to vent their frustrations here. The discussions here, vs the frustration felt, has been pretty mild to be honest. Also as has already been pointed out (correctly by a moongamer admin) its far better doing that here than antagonising good admins on other servers and arguing about it on the EA117 server during game time. Also, I'm sure the admins here want to know how the playing community here feel about it and as a player who has his fun continually ruined by Luna's frankly sociopathic behavior, I disagree that silence is the best answer. Silence creates and enables bullying. Look at Hollywood right now.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

more to a point.......is this going to continue or can you all stop this?

week 2 weeks?.....you know....a status update :D

Spanks!
CJ (Crash)
Singapore

Post by CJ (Crash) »

I have faith in our admins to sort it out.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

zanshin1 wrote:more to a point.......is this going to continue or can you all stop this?
This is going to continue until we are able to find a solution to the current exploit, or until Luna gets bored again like the last time he wanted to disrupt everything.

As was mentioned in the other thread, with such an old game already abandoned by it's publisher, the people who actually wrote the software and have the source code aren't going to be helping identify the problem or create the fix. The way these issues get addressed are by other BF1942 community members able to reverse engineer the software, but that doesn't really put a guarantee or a time frame on when the solution will exist.

-Trench
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

CJ (Crash) wrote:One of the reason this forum exist for admins and players to communicate about issues that affect them, so people have the right to vent their frustrations here. The discussions here, vs the frustration felt, has been pretty mild to be honest. Also as has already been pointed out (correctly by a moongamer admin) its far better doing that here than antagonising good admins on other servers and arguing about it on the EA117 server during game time. Also, I'm sure the admins here want to know how the playing community here feel about it and as a player who has his fun continually ruined by Luna's frankly sociopathic behavior, I disagree that silence is the best answer. Silence creates and enables bullying. Look at Hollywood right now.

Oh you're right again...I'm sure they don't know how frustrating this is. My apologies.
And, I'm also fairly confident that the person doing this is being positively impacted by your running commentary on how bad of a person he/she is.
20 posts about it and counting, I'm curious as to whether or not you've come up with a resolution?
~tona
Nuno
Portugal

Post by Nuno »

So, Tona, not only can't we play, but now we can't even talk about the problem. That's rich. Don't you get that people need a way to keep themselves updated on what's going on? Where the hell else are we supposed to know how things stand? Since when is the in-game chat a better option?! Especially considering games don't last long these days. Is not knowing what's going on better?! I saw people yesterday, on the server, being surprised and clueless as to what was going on. If they don't use the forum they won't even know what's happening. And as for the rest of us, that do know what is going on, should we just try to log in to the server once a week until it stops crashing, disbanding as a community in the process? Also, by talking about it, discussing what's going on, not only can we all be up to date, but maybe, who knows, some sort of collective solution can be achieved.

If you are against talking about it, may I suggest you don't read it? That's usually how it works.

As for people STILL defending Luna, and coming up with Solomonic solutions, I think that ship sailed the minute he started crashing the server. That's way more serious than any in-game hacking. But all of that is up to the server owner/admin to decide. I'm just happy and thankful this and a couple of other DC servers still exist. The game is OLD, there's a limited universe of interested players, and crap like this doesn't help one bit. Too bad one of us had to be a moron. Had it been a normal moron, with a life of his own, and this would've been over by now. Sadly it's not, so this could take a bit longer.

I think the bottom line is we should all stand by Trench until something can be done. We certainly owe him that much. And if it gets to the point where the way out of this mess is to hire someone to fix it, hell, we should all pitch in gladly.

And Tona, I do get that you think that posting just encourages him to keep doing it, but should curling into a fetal position and sucking on a thumb be an option? I don't think so, that's not how you react to a bully. Unlike him we all have our lives, with plenty going on and, again, unlike him, we are together on this. We just have to endure.