Toolman

New to the boards? Make your first post here
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Toolman

Post by toolman »

I'm 40 years old, happily married for 18 years and have a daughter (17) and a son (12) along with a springer spaniel and beagle.

Lived in Toledo most of my life and am a journeyman Tool and Die maker for 15+ years now. Basically I make the machines that make everything everyone uses. There is about a 95% chance that everyone (in the US anyway) has been affected by something that has been run through a machine that I either built or made parts of. I have built machines or parts for DUM-DUM suckers, Kawasaki jet skis, to medical body parts made of titanium. I love my trade and have been lucky enough to be able to stay employed though the recent tough times and not have to move for a job. I know that I could could go just about anywhere else across the US and make more money in a variety of field choices withing my skill-set.....but love my region that I live in. My Ancestors have been in this area for thousands of years...before the white man came.

I enjoy fishing, trailriding/rock crawling in my Jeep Rubicon, camping, football, working on vehicles, a good full flavored beer, hard rock music, and close friends and my wonderful family who are my life.

I found this server/community around 2004 after a poker buddy gave me a copy of Battlefield 1942 and I found the desert combat mod. I have been playing consoles and gaming since the late 70's when I was kid with Atari and pockets full of quarters. I kept coming back here because the gameplay was great and the rules allowed people to actually PLAY..not just die/spawn/die/spawn..

I don't really play any other games online, but do use the web socially especially regarding off roading and it's tight knit community.

I hope that I have helped contribute good times since I have been around and have very much enjoyed playing with all the regulars and such.

This place is just damn FUN for me. Simple fun....and the knife fight thing is just a bonus. :lol:
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

BoOn
Canada

Re: Toolman

Post by BoOn »

*Tear...sniff sniff I love you man!!
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Oh. So your the one I should thank for my Titanium Swanz. :lol: Thanks to you I can hold the elevator door open and keep my hands in my pockets!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
C'mon Son
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by C'mon Son »

Like my father would say "Hello my brother". I am familiar with your line of work. I repair EDM machines for a living currently. I am waiting to see if I get a good tax return to buy a PC to play BF3. Hope to see you in game soon :D .
"Now you're messin' with A son of a bi*ch" Nazareth-Hair of the Dog