dunniteowl IS Sgt Davenport -- no really...

New to the boards? Make your first post here
dunniteowl

dunniteowl IS Sgt Davenport -- no really...

Post by dunniteowl »

Just a shout out to all you players out there. I've been playing games of one sort or another all my life and I've been video gaming since video games were around and so that means to most of you, I am OLD! So cut me a break and just don't shoot me so fast. I'm just doing my best to keep up with you whippersnappers and with those of you with much better tech under the hood than I've got.

Honestly, this is one of the best experiences I have ever had playing online (BF1942) and the price is right (free.) I don't care how often you folks shoot me, blow me up and knife me (oh, how humbling THAT is) or run me over, I'm gonna keep coming back and just do my best to get one over on some of you from time to time.

Sort of new to the community in general and I am making the rounds. I'm using an HP Probook 4545s with a video chip, so lag is my greatest enemy to date. Any recommendations on controller use, general play tips and whatnot would always be appreciated.

Thanks for all you do and when I can chip in to help out in whatever way, I will.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: dunniteowl IS Sgt Davenport -- no really...

Post by Swanny-CG »

Welcome aboard.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

welcome, guys like me have been playing this for a while now and still get run over and shot so...GET USED to it..lmao but what the hell its still fun!!
If you want tips...send 20 bucks to the rye's Bahamas fund...;-) or if your cheap check out specalists description in "how to" in the dc forum or just get on TS and I/we will do what we can.
dunniteowl

Post by dunniteowl »

Thanks for the welcomes, y'all. I can't do TS atm, due to having to pay attention to the rest of the world around me (vis a vis, my wife likes to converse with me and vice versa) plus a few other things. That said, I plan to do so soon, because trying to type notes to others while spotting, shooting, moving and using the WASD keys concurrently makes things a bit too hectic. Still its a virtual blast and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I'll see you all on the fields of '42.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Howdy.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Welcome !!!!!!
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.