Being Kicked from sever

New to the boards? Make your first post here
wow

Being Kicked from sever

Post by wow »

My user name is wow and I have been playing on this server for over 10 years. I enjoy the game and have never been kicked or banned in the ten years I have played. Can someone tell why I have been recently kicked off and I am unable to connect. I do not believe it is tech problem because I can log on to other servers. If it is because of a admin discipline issue,then I am under the belief that my grandson got on and violated the rules that got me kicked. Any insight to my situation would be greatly appreciated. I have changed my passwords and that should not happen again. My apologizes to my fellow team mates.

Thank you.

wow
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Being Kicked from sever

Post by S.O.S »

Don't see your name on the ban list. Could you post your Keyhash and the possible ID used lately?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

One possibility appears to be that you actually /don't/ have any CD key entered for your game. Meaning if we looked in the Windows registry on your machine, there is actually a blank/empty string for the CD key. This may have been the intentional or unintentional side-effect of using a CD key switcher or CD key generator at some point in the past.

(The currently installed CD key can be seen at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\ergc] for the CD version of the game, or at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Origin\Battlefield 1942\ergc] for the Origin version of the game. Ignore and skip presence of the "Wow6432Node" subkey in that path if you're actually on a 32-bit version of Windows.)

The fact your CD key is blank/empty makes your CD hash (the MD5 hash seen by the BF1942 servers, and which you generate using BFHasher when requesting an unban) equal to "d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e". If you Google that MD5 hash value, you'll see that it's the correct MD5 hash of a blank/empty string.

Someone playing with a blank/empty CD key string was banned on the server recently, so the MD5 hash "d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e" is now banned. But that means any other "normal players" (I use that term loosely for many of the asylum inmates here) who were also using a blank/empty CD key have now become banned until they enter their correct CD key into their game installation.

The only real long-term answer is "don't play with an empty/blank CD key", because you'll always be subject to the bans of some other player who tries to use a blank string in order to play maliciously and/or circumvent their own ban. So even if the "d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e" key hash wasn't currently banned, it would become banned in the future, and/or will become banned again in the future.

Re-installing the game, taking care to enter in your CD key during installation, is the most "guaranteed" way to get the CD key recorded correctly. If you're using the Origin version, selecting "repair" installation from within Origin can get the Origin-assigned key correctly re-entered into the registry. If you prefer to use some other method, that may be successful too.

-Trench
wow

Post by wow »

Thank you very much for the advice. I will use my cd key that came with the disks. I do so appreciate you guys taking the time to help me.

wow