TS help

Discussion of TeamSpeak-related information and issues.
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

TS help

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

OK Spec, I need some troubleshooting help if you or the other guys can help:

I use a Mac and the TeamSpeak workaround called TeamSpeex. I'm able to log on to the ea117 TS server just fine and I hear everyone in the lobby just fine, but I cannot talk over the server myself. I have made sure that my output is not muted. I have monitored the output indicator within my sound preference pane and I can see that the internal mike is capturing my voice. It just ain't making it to the server. I'm sure my OS and TS equivalent are the red-headed stepchildren in this environment, but can you offer up some suggestions?

Thanks mate,

Ready
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: TS help

Post by Swanny-CG »

Are you using push to talk? I'll see if I can gaff my neighbor's mac lappy and give it a go. Otherwise we have a POS Mac laying around somewhere (POS because it's OLD, not because it's a Mac) that I can maybe coax into a testing state :)
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

OK So I'm sitting on my neighbor's mac and everything seems to work. I'm using Teamspeex v1.0 beta2 (r336).

I used all the defaults, used the "q" key as the push to talk key, and the system preferences are as follows:

Audio Input: Built-in Audio
Audio Output: Built-in Audio

System Sound Preferences:

Input: Internal Microphone (Port: Built-in)
Output: Internal Speakers (Built-in Audio)

He's running OS X v10.4.11

When I hit the q key, everyone hears me as they should.
Do you have a key set?
Are you using the latest version?

That's all I can think of for now, I hope it helps maybe.
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

Hey Swanny, thanks for the help. I'm running OS X v10.5.7 on an Intel dual core processor. TSx forums steered me toward the (r408) revision of the Teamspeex v1.0 beta2 which is what ain't working. I did program a push-to-talk button but found that the preference pane on TSx did not correlate. For example if I try to program the "q" key as you suggested, the preference pane registers that I am pushing the "b" key. Go figger!

I confirmed that lots of folks are having that problem, but the TSx forum admin says to ignore what the panel shows and use the "q" key. So I tried all that earlier today and still can't talk. Since you got TSx to work last evening, I have to assume that the problem is related to my more current version of the Mac OS and the Intel processor v. the former PowerPC processor.

I found another TSx forum post that suggests that the problem could be the Linux version of the TS server. Apparently his Intel based Mac can communicate on the Windows based TS servers, but not the Linux version.

I plan to try the older TSx (r336) version that you had success with maybe tomorrow and if that doesn't work, I'll just wait for TS3 which I hear is cross platform capable. Until then, I'll just keep listening to the gossip and jive around the lobby. ;-)

Thanks again old boy,

Ready
Semper Rugby

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I did see that there was a different version for the Intel-based platform but I grabbed the one that didn't have that designation, so you could totally be right.

Keep us posted on your progress. That way if you get it sorted and someone else has the same issue they have a helpful resource. :)
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Post by Kamalla »

Thanx Spec fer all the time you spent trying to hear me masculine voice, as Swanny puts it (it is quite delicate). Demonic thought he heard a cough or a rustlin' about - but t'wasn't me. As I said, must be my voice recognition type tool that I use fer work that interferes. Tried 3 mics Swann... and nottin'.

You admins have been nice to me since I started playin in late Jan... and ty ty to ye all. Swann, I won't give up on TS... because when yer all on the other team I can hear what ye be talkin about.

It is all fun! ;)
Kamalla
Sri Lanka

Post by Kamalla »

Sorry Swann,

I did not mean to denegrate yer helpfulness. Spec was there fer an hour and a bit tonight (full time)... an you have been there since I Tk'd you a long time ago. You did deserve it, but I appreciate yer tactfullness and Bay-side manner ;) . Thnx fer helping me all the time....
Last edited by Kamalla on October 30th, 2009, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Not at all, we're just trying to help people into the community as much as we can.

We don't upload and store images on our server, so the picture has to live on another server and be called into the page on which it is seen (using the URL of the pic where it resides on the other server).
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

Swanny-CG wrote:I did see that there was a different version for the Intel-based platform but I grabbed the one that didn't have that designation, so you could totally be right.

Keep us posted on your progress. That way if you get it sorted and someone else has the same issue they have a helpful resource. :)
Job done! I switched from key-to-talk to voice activation and Da Nu welcomed me to TS at long last. Never mind I had the mic volume cranked up too high and yelled at everyone earlier today. I've since dialed the volume back down and hope to enjoy some civil discourse going forward. I do have to be careful what I wish for, though. It seems that every time I was talking, I neglected to duck and cover. Died a lot today whilst prattling on. :-)

As a note, I did revert to the earlier revision of Teamspeex (r336) that you trialed Swanny. But I think the problem must have been the funky key-to-talk mapping disconnect.

Dunno if a switch to voice activated talk would help Kamalla with her similar TS problem.

Thanks again for all the help ya'll.

Ready
Semper Rugby

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Glad to hear it all worked out!